Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37228 times)
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:10:49 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?
Jeex

Activity: 364
Merit: 58

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 08:46:48 AM by Jeex

To choose a bounty campaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:23:35 PM

What jeex said is one reliable factor to know if the campaign is a scam or not. By knowing the team of that ICO is another factor.

But the best IMO, is just trade on exchanges if you have a small capital and grow it there if you want real profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:24:55 PM

It is very hard to identify. But the best way to follow here is to follow your friends who have a lot of experience and to do your own research. There are also a few groups that are related to bounties. they do this job well. Good projects can be caught by following them.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:25:47 PM

I think what people need to understand is that, they need to research bounty campaign there are joining like they want to invest into an ICO, if you are advertising something to people are you yourself can't invest into it, it is a bad move, there are alot of scam projects in the space now and one need to protect oneself and help to protect others too

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:29:38 PM

Yes, you are completely right, now it is very difficult to find a good project, just like it is difficult to find a project in which you can invest money, this is a very complicated process now, so it's too early to talk about anything new.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:31:05 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

Well in this cryptoworld most people want to earn money thats why theres a lot of ico project turning to scam.
To choose a good bounty campaign make sure that the campaign manager have a lot of experience to manage the project dont join bounty that manage by newbie member, and take a lot of time researching the project background and also team profile.

azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:31:16 PM

its scam bounty campaign when from begining, ICO is scam.
If ICO is not scam, bounty campaign can not be scammed. So whenever you take a bounty campaign, spend a little time to see their website, their team, their project,...v...v...Don't try all bounty as much as you can because you also invest your time in bounty. So check ICO like you are investors who will invest money in, that will help you to reduce risk of joining scam bounty campaign
valerie0216

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:35:30 PM

yeah, hard to detect the scammed bounty. I always doubt in choosing bounty that is legit. But in this world of crypto, you have to take a risk. Its up to you how to manage your self to decide which is better for you...
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 01:36:52 PM

Yes that is true that it is hard to detect scam bounty campaign. Most especially if you're reading the whitepages how unique the project is and how you will agree how beautiful the project will be. That's how difficult it will be to identify if the project is scam. Maybe you will have a second thought that a project is scam if the project will make changes in the last term of project. What I mean is release of bounty, share and everything. What thought should be running through are heads. People are not stupid. That's the problem if the makers are thinking that people are dumb.

Rocketiy

Activity: 114

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:39:45 PM

Although our bounty hunters are becoming more and more sophisticated in their methods of identifying missions, fraudulent tricks for fraudsters are constantly being upgraded! It's really difficult to tell whether the reward is good or bad, because even if it is a good project, it may fail for other reasons without assigning any reward!
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:41:53 PM

Yes that is true that it is hard to detect scam bounty campaign. Most especially if you're reading the whitepages how unique the project is and how you will agree how beautiful the project will be. That's how difficult it will be to identify if the project is scam. Maybe you will have a second thought that a project is scam if the project will make changes in the last term of project. What I mean is release of bounty, share and everything. What thought should be running through are heads. People are not stupid. That's the problem if the makers are thinking that people are dumb.
before you join in the bounty you need to sure thqt the manager of the signature campaign have an high profile. I mean you need to search about the manager and If you have a doubt in this bounty. then you're free to go because you don't need to waste your time in the scam bounty campaign. the time and patience are very important to us and don't waste it to trash like the scammer. better research carefully
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

it is hard but still better than losing money if you unfortunately invest in such ICO. I have a friend that lost her retirement to Denaro Scam. finding bounty that pay well this days is not easy not to talk of legit one. it seems the ICO SCAM is increasing every yearly. even some campaign managers that we all know they have good successfully complete ICO are now mistakenly promoting some ICO that turn to scam. one thing bounty hunters should have at the back of their mind is that campaign for ico doesnt me you will always get paid. some ICO are now locking bounty hunters token for a long period of time now.
tranquochung

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 01:51:34 PM

Dear all,
Yes, the same to you. I think it's very difficult to determine the scams. They do everything look like normally. Nothing can show that it's scam. When the campaign go to the end, they disappear quickly. That's all.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 01:52:19 PM

Bounty campaigns that are potentially scam would give very high amount of reward to attrack many bounty hunters if so you should check if the project and the team is reliable, if the reward is low and the campaign is likely to be scam never join in.

arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:55:51 PM

To choose a bounty compaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0

Whats the problem with amazix?is there any issues regarding their team?was just concern because i have heard them last year and seems good about their projects.

Anyway about the OPs question in how to find those scammer ICO well the answer is nothing concrete but we can make investigations to lessen the chance of victimizing

Heres some links you can use in searching
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896030.0

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:56:14 PM

You can often detect scams by looking into the background of the people listed as the projects participants, this will eliminate most, but not all the scams. You will still get scams were they unilaterally change the bounty after the ICO is funded like IUNGO did to all its bounty participants. Or just disappear like HashCard. About all you can do when that happens is make sure that their reputation follows them and that they become industry pariahs.

merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Well, today many fraudulent Bounty campaigns are designed like a potential Bounty, and if we do not have experience, we will not be able to detect them. That is the way they cheat others to take over our account.
emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

We have the same thoughts. Recently I've just participated a bounty campaign that was just a scam. To be honest Im hurt. Imagine, almost 3months of posting 15 constructive post per week but my effort was just a waste of time.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
magz

Activity: 268

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

It's hard to find out that a certain bounty campaign is a scam. Even the most popular bounty campaign that seems very legit but later on you'll find out that it's a scam. I experienced that once. I was in that campaign for almost 2 months then suddenly I found out that they are no longer active and devs cannot be contacted anymore. That's how it is. We just let it pass and move on.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: