Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:01:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37228 times)
supernva

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:09:59 PM

I don't like bounties much. But sometimes I'm in. There are lots of bounty hunters, so bounties become not effective, as for me.
I often see quotes like: "bounty manager didn't update the spreadsheet", etc. But can you imagine how hard is for them to check every account? And airdrops are even worse. People use multiple accounts, twitter usernames of other people, fake e-mails. I think we should somehow stop it.
gomeZLTC

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:12:49 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?
Yes like that's what happened, It's hard and impossible to determine at first that Bounty has become a scam. But this is a risk when we early register a Bounty, and maybe this sounds like a gamble, there is not a hundred percent guarantee every Bounty that we follow.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:19:12 PM

Accept the fact mate if you're interested to earn tokens on any different bounties, cause to be honest most bounty nowadays turn to scam after the evaluation or distribution of token base on my experience, which is showing false testimonials about the situation of project, after ICO ends. So must join without regrets 'cause most bounties nowadays is not trustworthy what i mean the team behind of the project. 
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:19:31 PM

Yes, it's hard to detect, do you know even if bounty campaign successful ended and project raised up to 10M, final spreadsheet come out and you'll get a lot of reward, but dev decided cut -50% bounty reward when distribution tokens, do you know that feeling? Bounty hunter don't have a choice, just do your job and hope everything will be good
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:21:34 PM

What jeex said is one reliable factor to know if the campaign is a scam or not. By knowing the team of that ICO is another factor.

But the best IMO, is just trade on exchanges if you have a small capital and grow it there if you want real profit.
I guess OP is referring about bounty participation and not investing dude and seems like he doesn't have any idea on how to find the good bounty and for me its about on the campaign manager reputation,because they wont accept a project that he thinks scammy
rufus59

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:21:45 PM

You just have to do your due diligence and research on the project before you join, nothing less than 4.0 bench mark score in rating.
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

it is very difficult to see good projects that are not scam, sometimes even if the project is successful they can also scam, as my bounty hunters only do the best to promote their projects, if the scam I have to forget it and look for another good bounty campaign
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:54:14 PM

This is why evaluating ICOs and bounty campaigns should be a thing. By checking out whitepapers, roadmaps, devs, managers, community and bounty campaign managers you lessen the chances of you getting scammed or participating in a bad ICO. Heck even bountyhive.io is not that 100% reliable.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
404edson

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:07:14 PM

The basic way to know the bounty campaign are really working or active and willing to make a better inclusion between human and cryptocurrency is checking their fundamentals, knowing their team which are reliable and have a good background, the community around them, the project they implemented are usable for the future's living, and the fund raised during the pre-sale met the expected price pool.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:31:02 PM

What jeex said is one reliable factor to know if the campaign is a scam or not. By knowing the team of that ICO is another factor.

But the best IMO, is just trade on exchanges if you have a small capital and grow it there if you want real profit.
I guess OP is referring about bounty participation and not investing dude and seems like he doesn't have any idea on how to find the good bounty and for me its about on the campaign manager reputation,because they wont accept a project that he thinks scammy
He messaged me and thanked me for my suggestion. Well I appreciated it that someone has appreciated my suggestion.  Smiley

Yes, he is referring to the bounty participation which looks like he's been joining scam bounties that never paid his/her efforts. That's what jeex said by choosing a reliable campaign manager.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:33:27 PM

yeah, hard to detect the scammed bounty. I always doubt in choosing bounty that is legit. But in this world of crypto, you have to take a risk. Its up to you how to manage your self to decide which is better for you...
Yeah, really hard especially if the bounty is being managed by the respected manager. Almost bounty campaign don't succeed on their ICO and some of the reviews are just being paid. I saw some bounty campaign that ends month ago and yet the bounty hunters didn't receive anything or any update knowing that it is being managed by a good manager. Well, this is the real risk of being bounty hunter and we have to be more patient for use to receive what we deserve.
parlerm

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:38:27 PM

Yes, they more smarter to make SCAM Bounty same as legit Bounty. They also can make good whitepaper and anything. So that's which make hard to detect SCAM or not.
len23

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:44:14 PM

I agree to what you have said it is hard to determine whether it is a scam or legit bounty campaign.I have already joined one time a scam project.but I am still hoping to get a good one.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:46:21 PM

Some of the very good bounty managers here may not even be able to tell whether or not a bounty scam. But you could scrutinize as best as you can. Reading a lot and asking probing questions in their telegram groups might give the fake bounties away.
pazon456

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:52:45 PM

I thought that the ratings in bench marking sites are enough to identify whether the ICO and the bounty is genuine or not. But actually it is not true. Most of the times those ratings are manipulated and does not indicate the real scenario. I believe you should check the rating as well as the team involved in the bounty. And the provided details are correct or not. As an example, you can just check by visiting the team members' linkedin profiles which are mostly provided by bench marking sites. And also you can do a background check about the bounty managers also.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:32:23 AM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

That's right. Selecting the legit bounty nowadays is really difficult. The bounty seems to be really legit but once its already finish or at the middle of the campaign, it will suddenly say its a scam. What  I am doing is checking thoroughly the bounty project especially if it has unique product or platform.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:39:37 AM

Is not hard in my opinion. If the manager of campaign is known and has some campaign behind than is ok to join. You should always check old campaign and you can choose what to join.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:45:41 AM

yes you are right it is very difficult but you can see from bounty managers who already have a very high rank and when there bounty the scam you better report to the administrator in this forum to mark their name.
sabarr

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:03:27 AM

currently a lot of bounty and sometimes difficult to choose a good bounty and not a scam, there are some bounty that has a good project and a good team as well but ended up with a scam, making all our work to be in vain
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:47:22 AM

Yes you are absolutely right, scams are everywhere, theres no safe in this world, this is the hardest part in joining campaigns in which we have to choose the right one and the reality is we have no power to predict whether that specific ICO  is legit or not,all we can do is research as long as we can and keep reading, no one likes to be scammed but its part of a risk.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: