Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37278 times)
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:00:25 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?
I also experience the things you reveal. Feeling very disappointed of course after completing the task of the campaign, then in the middle of the road identified a scam project. However, it can be learning and encourages more selective choice of projects. Nothing can really determine a scam project or not, we can only do a detailed check before making a decision to follow the campaign.
stay patient, choose a project today is indeed like gambling, we really play the feelings and luck. it is very difficult to identify the right project and the fake project. as much as possible it should be analyzed in detail as you say, but in the end fate that says otherwise and determine good or bad an ICO
hoanggiangg000

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:30:04 PM

no one knows for sure for a participant, whether it is a scam or not. Let's just say it was a disaster. the article of all things must have obstacles to achieve a success. just enjoy the plot
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:33:47 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?
I advise you not to pay attention to it and not to get upset. Try to take part in more bounty campaigns to compensate for projects that turn out to be scam.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
ILLuzion

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:34:15 PM

Yes, it is very difficult to do this, the organizers of such projects try very hard to disguise their scam.

noneedmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:48:29 PM

no one will know. because for me all the campaigns are legit and all I follow. if ICO is a scam we just need to stop doing the report and do not regret it. ICO scam or scam campaign is already like our risk.
My advice is to think positively with all the campaigns. follow all existing campaigns. stop complaining.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

its scam bounty campaign when from begining, ICO is scam.
If ICO is not scam, bounty campaign can not be scammed. So whenever you take a bounty campaign, spend a little time to see their website, their team, their project,...v...v...Don't try all bounty as much as you can because you also invest your time in bounty. So check ICO like you are investors who will invest money in, that will help you to reduce risk of joining scam bounty campaign

Unfortunatelly, it's not the best idea to check whether you would invest in the project, because even professional investors get scammed by fake ICOs, and if never had any investing experience, it will not help you. Sometimes you can even be sure whether other people really invest in a project or not, and the reasons are:
1) fake tokensale progress bars on the website;
2) fake boosted activity in telegram groups created by bots/airdropers pretending to be real investors

goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:57:47 PM

no one will know. because for me all the campaigns are legit and all I follow. if ICO is a scam we just need to stop doing the report and do not regret it. ICO scam or scam campaign is already like our risk.
My advice is to think positively with all the campaigns. follow all existing campaigns. stop complaining.
Yeah,it's difficult to detect which campaign has a potential to paid back for participants because they are smart to copied all the information of the project that launched by others. But in my way to prevent this I usually rated every  campaign and choose a good option.
Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:05:06 PM

To be frank with you mate, it is very difficult to spot out or detect a campaign that is going to be a scammed one because so many campaigns have good whitepaper and good road-map which make it more difficult to know any with that motive. I have participated in so much campaigns that i personally went through their whitepaper and discover that they have good project which at the end came out to be a scammed one. Mate it is really hard to detect which campaign will end up being a scam one.....
anwar98

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:19:49 PM

19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:05:02 PM

I suggest to you mate to invest fully in bitcoin or in Etherium and don't think about the bounty campaign to prevent get scammed because we don't have assurance in Bounty Campaign that it is truly not a scammed. Keep holding your tokens until the market reach to the highest price.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:10:17 PM

Since, the market is decentralized and unregulated, it is tough to differentiate between fake and legit campaigns. Begin with analyzing team members. Ask the company about the team members and their earlier work and positions on social media (Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Facebook etc) where they are most active. Also, try to understand the relevancy of the project and its future prospects. Ask more and more about the project and roadmap to the company and this way you can hopefully manage to know about the legitimacy of the ICO.

Moreover, ranking sites can also help.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

true, I also often get bounty signature campaign that scam, and I know it after completing all my duties.
we can not hold anyone accountable, even to the manager though, because besides us, bounty managers also suffer greater losses than we do.
no one can guarantee a bounty signature campaign will end well, because no one knows what will happen in the future.
I think we just need to strengthen mentally and be ready when reunited with bounty fraud signature campaigns.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 10:35:26 PM

I believe you use the same level of scrutiny  to check bounties as you do with projects you are investing in, you will reduce drastically  your chances of being a victim of bounty scams
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:39:11 PM

It is very difficult like you said since the scam project may be well planned with interesting and convincing whitepaper. I personally think the team should be a major criteria to predict whether a project is a scam or not.

paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:40:55 PM

Yes it is difficult to detect fraudulent campaigns. You have to have a very sharp eye to realize that. There are many bonus campaigns created to attract many participants. The main purpose is to advertise the campaigns of the investors.
unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:45:09 PM

i think it is really difficult to determine if a campaign is a scam or not especially at the beginning. Usually, It will just be determined after the crowdsale and if they choose to not give the rewards on the participants. But still,checking the background of the team would be a huge help in order to make assumptions on the future of the projects that you are into.

lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:53:47 PM

To choose a bounty compaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0
This might not be 100% guarantee that bounty campaign is legit or not but it is of great help for us anyway as a newbie bounty hunters.There are bounty campaigns I think that accepts newbie but yes I do not know if it is good ICO or not.With your advice I may have ideas now how to background check if it good or not.Thanks for your help mate.
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:58:38 PM

Currently the bounty program does have a bit of a bad reputation. besides many who do a scam, no wonder that we often do not get paid because the project does not touch softcap.
I advise you to learn more about this bounty selection:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4361004.msg38955921#msg38955921
Yooshijin

Activity: 138

Powering Real Economy in the gaming world

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 11:09:28 PM

There are bounty campaigns that are obvious scam because of their websites and presentations. Because if you analyze their websites and whitepaper and all of its presentations, you can see it's not presentable. But there are campaigns that looks promising and will end up scam too. So I guess, let's all pray that we do not encounter such that. But its unavoidable.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Pistachiop

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:32:02 PM

Its not an easy thing to detect scams, especially these days when  The scammers are very tactful with their dealings that make it almost impossible to detect the scams, some of the scam projects are very well planned that detecting that they are scams is not an easy thing. But if you are keen enough then you will see the indicators, i for example avoid projects with unanimous teams, if they are legitimate then there is no reason for them to hide their identities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: