Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37240 times)
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:43:28 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

I think we should take the lesson learned from the experience and choose to to move on. The cryptocurrency scene is highly unregulated, so there are bound to be scams coming from left, to right, etc. Remember to practice you due diligence and research all there is to know about a project before jumping right into bounty campaign.
    I understand that bounty campaigns offer people around the world opportunity to earn some income, as well as become an investor. Investing in cryptocurrencys is a big gamble and as with any gamble, there is always a big risk involved.

marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

it is possible to find fake projects by doing a team review. Apart from that, it is important for what purpose the project will come to the market. All of them will show up in important telegrams and social media accounts.
sari_

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:47:08 PM

though Difficult but we have to be smart and pay attention to which ones are scam and which are not gan. Certainly with a lot of reading and experience as long as Ki invests in the world of cryiptocurrency. if still confused do not be shy to ask the senior bitcoiners .
Sinone

Activity: 597
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:50:49 PM

Yes, it is really hard to find out. Sometime you may lose your faith in bounty campaigns or signature campaigns. But you should continue doing only good bounty campaigns. For this bad situation of the crypto market, most of the projects are can't make their goal that's why they are scamming people. Many Promising projects are doing the scam, so, it is hard to detect a scam campaign but still, we have to research to find a good project.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:57:11 PM

though Difficult but we have to be smart and pay attention to which ones are scam and which are not gan. Certainly with a lot of reading and experience as long as Ki invests in the world of cryiptocurrency. if still confused do not be shy to ask the senior bitcoiners .
No, before you started in participating bounty you must read there platform and choose a bounty manager that most well known to give reward tokens after campaign end, there's a solution on that so better to involve and have courage on that.
jumail

Activity: 353
Merit: 28

Productive housewife

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:58:23 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 12:43:07 AM by jumail

It is quite difficult to detect a bounty scam campaign. Then we have to be selective. The fraudsters are getting smarter to hide his cunning. The safest way is to choose a trusted bounty manager and manage many successful projects. But that's not a guarantee. We must also be careful in analyzing the projects that run, monitor the website and the truth of his team.
baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:02:39 AM

For you to know the potential project with bounty campaign you must do a diligent research about their project and you need to check the concept of their coin or token, verify their team members and advisors on linkedin and check the volume of their community on social media.
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:11:23 AM

That is really true. Its very hard to identify scammed bounty campaigns. Based on my experience, I only joined bounty campaigns with a reliable bounty manager. I choose bounty managers with previous experience on handling successful projects before. I also check their ratings in several ico monitoring sites. I also look for their telegram to see what the community tells about the project or bounty.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:42:25 AM

Dont look at the bounty campaign, look for the project legitimacy. A project can raised above their soft cap and possible to reach the hard cap. Yes its hard to determine which is real and which is scam. But just look for the evidence can tell that one is a good project with a good bounty. Like seeing from the social sites the real identy of the team having public appearance is very good
alex_andr25

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:18:09 AM

Many dishonest projects already at an early stage show that they are scams. For example, a low-quality, cheap website says a lot. Just pay attention to the PRE-ICO project, if at this stage the project has collected very little, then I think in this company there is no sense to continue to do advertising.

voltesbazooka

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:20:50 AM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

Well it is hard to find a very trust worthy bounty campaign that's why I chose Alluxe. However, you can do a good background check on the white paper and the information on their website in order to verify if the campaign is legitimate or not,
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:24:08 AM

It's hard to find out that a certain bounty campaign is a scam. Even the most popular bounty campaign that seems very legit but later on you'll find out that it's a scam. I experienced that once. I was in that campaign for almost 2 months then suddenly I found out that they are no longer active and devs cannot be contacted anymore. That's how it is. We just let it pass and move on.

For me it is very hard to detect scammed bounty campaign because we cannot easy to point that bounty if it is scammed. We can say that bounty is scammed, when it will happened to us or we can encounter to our campaigned and we are the victims. I hope it will not happened to us because I am the first timer to joined this campaigned.
reijusama2583

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:29:55 AM

Well definitely it is hard to distinguish a scam campaign because at first they are good in performing and when the campaign is already at it end they become not productive or they did not update the spreadsheet to know how many stakes did you get then after sometimes they promise that they will give the stakes after a week and week then the telegram campaign will disappear and you will get nothing. Try to ask first some professionals so that you will get some knowledge about what is legit and not. 
kingdomofhearts

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:33:49 AM

I think what people need to understand is that, they need to research bounty campaign there are joining like they want to invest into an ICO, if you are advertising something to people are you yourself can't invest into it, it is a bad move, there are alot of scam projects in the space now and one need to protect oneself and help to protect others too

Agree. The more feasible the underlying project is in a cryptocurrency, the more chance of survivability and more security for the person joining the bounty campaign. We should be wise in everything we do so as to not waste time.
Kartika1

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:33:55 AM

i could'nt agree more, these days it's hard to identify scam bounties. even with trustable well known manager still scam anyway
longrhm96

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:48:06 AM

it is no longer that hard to discover a rip-off bounty. one of the major signs and symptoms of a mission being a suspicious one is whilst you see them giving out their tens of millions of shit tokens at no cost to human beings through large airdrop packages. every other one clue is in case you see the project only posts written textual content on social medias however in no way publish images in their team having excursions, seminers.
Zct2002

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:05:13 AM

Sometimes it's really very difficult to detect scammed bounty campaigns. It is necessary to constantly check the information, its also useful to read the comments of others members of the forum, as often many bounty hunters find signs of a scam and help you not lose time.
Scammers are evolving, the masked their fake ICOs to make it like a legitimate one. As you aged here in crypto, i think you can spot a scam ICO a little bit faster than before.
williamphay88

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:12:49 AM

You are right currently is very difficult to find a good project which guaranteed we would getting reward as they promise in early. What we can do is just doing analysis about project development and planning. We should joining the bounty that have a trustfull manager which can minimalized of getting scammed.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:04:54 AM

In recent time participating in bounty campaigns is more like a gambling in fact in spite of the reputability of the manager it is not even a yardstick to screen out a scammy bounty nowadays a short survey in the forum shows that some reputable managers are getting negative trust for promoting scam ICOs this really shows the level at which choosing the right bounty could be very challenging and a herculean task despite all the researches and reading reading the whitepapers.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

You're right. These scammers get more sophisticated with each passing day. Sometimes their scam projects could end up looking even better than the actual legit projects themselves. This is why whichever coin that you decide to invest in you should always make sure that you do extensive research into the coin to remove all doubts that the project is not legit

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: