Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup is important  (Read 2395 times)
Paka1

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:25:38 AM

Having backups for your account and all other important files is an important thing,  it is right to have an extra phone to secure all your files and also you jave to make sure that you have an keep safe place to store your gadgets or any files that are valuable to you.  It is a precautionary measures for you to avoid such thing to happen. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:30:02 AM

backup is very important specially if you have something to keep, I got my mycelium wallet before and suddenly my phone got crash it has .5 btc by that time since I dont have any backup of my wallet .5 flies away.

2fa is also important so that your acct is much secured than without a 2fa.
One reason why it is important to learn everything about the space before making an attempt to do anything. A lot of people have lost the access to their account or wallet just simply because they just never did back it up and that can be a very frustrating thing to witness in the process where you end up losing access easily to it and the only way to get that back is the full control access which you do not have.

Back up is highly important and should never be joked with. People are in rush of finding easy opportunities for earning bitcoins and forgetting to protect themselves due to those rush up. We always must remember that only slow and steady alone will win the race.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:33:49 PM

Well I think back up is good idea. But also make sure you log out or sign out wallet securely so that if your phone is lost then your cryptos will not be stolen. I think use wallets that can only be opened with your pins. Do not list your pins on your phone itself. If you will list them, make sure no one knows cryptocurrencies. So when you log out to your wallet and lost your phone, you can open it in other pones or computer.
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:46:29 PM

Do you think that backing up is important if you can have many options you like to keep still as the voucher always comes in that transaction is  we can keep after the transaction. are you ok
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

NO, NO need to extra phone. You can backup your pin, address, password in many ways.

01. You can print a hard copy of your all documents and can store.
02. you an use pendrive for store your documents.
03. You can store your documents in gmail drive and make strong password for gmail.
04. You also can save your documents in different drives of your computer and can make strong password for pc.

In this way you can can save your documents. But if you only use cellphone, the best way is you may save your documents in google drive.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:41:44 PM

Yes we should have backups to double secure our assets storage, then in case of losing our passwords or other factors that might cause of losing, we have backups to open our accounts.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:48:47 PM

Yes we should have backups to double secure our assets storage, then in case of losing our passwords or other factors that might cause of losing, we have backups to open our accounts.
Agree, we should have backups for unpredictable situation may come. We need to double check and secure every important file we are keeping. Just like plans in life, we should have plans and backups preparation in the future.
gayan7788

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

I all details is backup,i think email is very important 2 fa is very safe,all trading account is 2fa safe
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

Good day, just want to share my experience,
I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

Yes, that's the best thing to do in order to safeguard your Bitcoin. Also, it would be better to just install additional security like google authenticator so that your coins are safe.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:17:24 PM

I am using 2fa as my security in my emails and exchange accounts, so one day I nearly lost my phone and that phone holds majority of my pins, 2fa, etc. so I thought I lost all, luckily I found the phone. So now I'm thinking of buying an extra phone for backup. What else do you recommend for backup?

You can also backup the the data on your phone either on a hard drive or in the cloud. I think this is critical if you have everything on your smartphone.

You will need to be able to recover everything in the event that you lose your phone or drop it in water, etc. 

You really don’t need to buy a backup phone as long as you backup the data on the phone that you use everyday.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:28:06 AM

You should set up the recovery option in your google account. As the 2FA is provided by the Google Authenticator services, you can always keep the backup codes stored over there. This way you can always secure your services and access them by using these universal codes for temporary unlocking. You can ask google to change the devices if you bought new one and I am pretty sure they will make it happen in instant time possible. Thats why there services are best one in the world. They always consider all the possibilities of services that they are providing, so your wont be different and should be resolved.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:34:34 AM

If you have forgotten the information you just traded and do not have the backup feature, it is difficult for you to lose the data you need to know about important backups.
When you don’t know or you don’t just remember what you have done at one time and what was the move at other time and that and this, then how can you be able to make good results decisions? And later on these dictions would be emphasizing best of your results. Think over it. You are not supposed to take anything easy here. Make your moves wisely and according to plan.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:26:50 AM

When you choose cryptocurrency you must make a buck up of all of your files and accounts for the groceries or for every time you are respectable. The only one who depend upon which has been running a new cryptocurrency is really amazing in this day of cryptocurrency is really amazing.
We will see the increase rate of demand these days because the conditions are favorable for buyers and if they are ready this time then it will be a better decisions and will make them get maximum profit in a high market. price today is 6.1k dollar and this is the lowest of this year so we can not say that it will decrease more but we can say that this low price is easy to achieve and will increase the demand rate.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:21:28 AM

Now you realized that negligence will lead to disaster especially to our precious accounts. Even with back-up, if you are too complacent about you accounts the there would be the possibility that you will still loose it.
As far we have observed the market which sometime falls and sometime goes high or recovered. Similarly this time the market value will also recover because we have seen the low value of Bitcoin and people are looking for investments in this favorable market so as to large quantity of coins on investing low amount. Gradually the market will improve and we will see a better value soon.
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:53:43 AM

Now you realized that negligence will lead to disaster especially to our precious accounts. Even with back-up, if you are too complacent about you accounts the there would be the possibility that you will still loose it.
As far we have observed the market which sometime falls and sometime goes high or recovered. Similarly this time the market value will also recover because we have seen the low value of Bitcoin and people are looking for investments in this favorable market so as to large quantity of coins on investing low amount. Gradually the market will improve and we will see a better value soon.
Encrypting any backup to the network is a good security practice. It's highly-recommended to store file in a safe place and a backup of your wallet can protect you against computer failures or software malfunction. Having a backup can have the chance to retrieve pertinent files and information.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
micheal34

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

Yes, i have all my account 2fa activated especially on exchanges where funds are involved, back is so important anything can happen to your email address and when it is hacked most time your fund are not safe without 2fa verification.
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

An account's security lock is very important to anticipate the occurrence of a big loss later so I tried to buy a new phone specialized in the storage of a key that relates to the world of cryptocurrency.With the aim of providing a comfort when I make an investment or other.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Brookie

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:01:49 PM

Perhaps someone has mentioned this, but most 2fa services include google, working with qr code. All you have to do is make screenshots of these codes and store them somewhere, i save on flasdsik and other hard drives.
Lightsource

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:16:20 PM

A friend of mine lost all of his digital pictures, years worth of pictures that he took, kids, family. All gone. So back up is important.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:32:24 AM

I don’t know what kind gf backup you’re really getting at, but if you mean backing up our wallets, that’s important if you’re making use of wallets that doesn’t require sign-up.

You will have to back up your wallet and keep those 12 words safe, in case you lose your phone or whatever it is you’re using, you will be able to restore your funds back when you get a new device. As for wallets like Xapo and Coinbase, there is nothing like backup once you sign in you will see your funds right there in your wallet ready for you to use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: