Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:21:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
SplendidHunter

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:52:12 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
From what I have heard you have no possibility to retrieve your password, so you need to keep it really secure and be sure that you would not forget it, write it down in every place that you only can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Project xupporter

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:58:21 PM

Private key is what makes cryptocurrency special, one it is lost it can't be retrieved. There a lotvof ways to keep private key safe such as writing it on a journal (most reliable to me) that will be kept safe, device backup such backing the wallet on your devices up on another device to prepare for any crash that come on the system.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:36:33 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
i think the wastes thing that will ever happen to a man is to lost or forget his private key, so it always better to save your private key in a save place because bitcoin did not have password reset once you lose it all you fund as been lose automatically.
babyaia

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:46:12 PM

What I did is I printed my private key in a paper and keep and I save also a copy in my phone memo I am not sure if that is safe.In that case I am sure I will not forget or lose my private key.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:47:08 PM

To keep my private key secure I record it or print out the private key that I use.
Until now I do not know how to recover lost / forgotten private key.
gerasimo

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

you should print you key and store in sa very safe place. if your key will be lost you're screwed probably
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:54:51 PM

If you have erased your private key you will not have any other way to recover it. So you should always have a back up. You save all your copy to USB with your important information especially the private key.

It is good to be sure that these are our important documents. We should only double the security of our assets
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

On my opinion, you cannot retrieve back youe key to access your account, unless you make a new account.  I also experience this ones and I also don't know ehat to do, I do my best to retrieve it but it will takes so long to unlocked it again. The things that I do is I make another account and I copy the key of my count to my google drive so that I can remember it.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
Ayohafees

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:05:38 PM

Have not read anywhere that private key is retrievable when lost and I don't think technology is coming to that because the uniqueness of blockchain technology encryption is in its private key.
JMD07

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:27:21 PM

If you lost your private key, then you lose all your bitcoin in your wallet as no other way to recover them. Better provide a print-out of your private key and place it in a safe places for your recovery if you need it.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

i back up all my private key files in flashdisk, not only 1 but 3 flashdisk and  back up every week if i have new file to put on flash disk. i think to keep it safety with me is already enough and i don't want to save in cloud storage services

gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:32:50 PM

in theory i think the key will not coming back forever because as we cans see that the private key is shown once at the beginning when we create the wallet, after that the private key will not shown again forever, so if you lost your private key i htink it same that you lost your bitcoin on that address

kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:43:09 PM

if you forget the private key it is a big loss, because there is no way to restore it again, so better keep the private key in some apps do not just store it in one app, so if you forget you still have a backup.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kha180740

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:45:43 PM

Yes, best way is to print it on paper and store it in freezer. Or write it down to text file, winrar it and set password, make back up ofc and store in on usb flash drive.
curry101

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:54:05 PM

We cant retrieve our private keys if it is stolen or forgotten. Make sure to keep your private keys and password and have a back up file when you forgot it or make some copy of your keys in flash drive or other things where you can save it.

rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:22:56 PM

I think writing it on paper will be safer than store it in the computer or any other gadget or mobile app. Write it down on the paper and keep it in the safe place. Because once you lose it, it will be hard for you to have it back.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

If you lose your private keys, you ll lose your funds, that's it. It's impossible to recover a private key after its lost. The best thing to do is save your private keys in different places. Make sure they are saved securely. You can write it down on a paper and store the paper securely somewhere. I have seen different opinions regarding the idea of private keys. Some says private keys are the worst way for security. Infact the amount of cryptocurrencies that have been lost through lose of private keys are big.
shashkova

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:13:16 AM

probably do many back ups. don't just rely on memory. if yours got lost, its lost forever
waroenkshisha

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

https://stake.com/

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:19:18 AM

If some one forget his wallet private he can’t do anything besides create a new one. Because private key is one the wallet  security, the function same like password. After you create a wallet make sure to put in a safe place, and if possible make an encrpyted password to make it more secure.

alihassan99

Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

he should then forget that he was having bitcoin..  you cant recover if you forget your key Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: