Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
yhan2x

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:56:03 PM

Its to bad if you lost your bitcoin wallet key, the mainframe of your success. Dont be careless. If their is huge amount of BTC, big loss for you. Create new wallet and start new earning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ollie1

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:59:26 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

You can print it in paper or  you could write it somewhere else. You could also save it in a notepad or in a flash drive. Never trust your memory, it always fail and memory retention does not guarantee you everything, you could lose all your hardwork. As much as possible, keep it somewhere safe and retrievable.
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:21:14 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

I once read a simple reminder for everyone that says," Don't trust your mind. WRITE IT DOWN." This is totally true and should be followed. Just secure it once you have written it printed it. And try to rely or trust someone with your secret.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

We are largely living with brimming with circumstances. Everything in this world we can get in some confounded ways yet it is great when you are get that. One of the components of getting some cash is to have a virtual wallet that you can use for future purposes. With this,you must recall and take mind all the data about your wallet in light of the fact that in the event that you lost this, everything will gone.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:52:30 PM

If someone forgot their key for sure his or her bitcoin would be lost, well that is a common mistakes so better to make a back up write down the password or private key in piece of paper, print it and save it to the flash drive and just make sure that you are the only one who knows it.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:38:26 AM

Big risk because it can cause the loss of all tokens stored in your personal wallet. The private key as the only way to get into your bitcoin chain block. Be careful not to lose. Cool
NeeNts

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:12:29 AM

No, there’s no way you can retrieve your private keys, so you need to be wise enough to keep it safe. Always have a backup copy of it. Aside from saving a copy in a flash drive which you seldom use (because if you are using it very often, it is prone to online compromises), make a hard copy of it and have it laminated if possible.  I advise you to have it laminated because ink tends to smudge naturally in time and to protect it from spills and tears also. And whether its hard or soft copy, remember to store it somewhere safe.
I already taste that experience once i forgot my password i thought it can recover it but unfortunately i was unable to do that there was 0.5 btc was there in my wallet after that event i start caring of my password i make a backup too just for the safety of my coins.
Markettoken

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:28:47 AM

I think to keep the secure code is to write in a private book and make it not just one code. It is feared that someone forgot so it enakya has two codes if the computer is afraid the computer will one day be broken
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 08:15:38 AM

If you forget your private key and at the same time you don't back up with numeric words and safe it else where that is the end for that wallet. But I always advise to print your private key and at the same time send it to your email address
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:30:42 AM

If you forget your private key and at the same time you don't back up with numeric words and safe it else where that is the end for that wallet. But I always advise to print your private key and at the same time send it to your email address
Yes actually we have options not to forgot our private key. If in case it lose you cannot retreive the wallet, better always have a backup. Never take it for granted it is the most important in having a bitcoin.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

There's no way if you forgot or lost your password. You can't count on a memory because they will break down eventually. Best way to keep is paper wallet but there's a still possibility you can lose it too Smiley You should use all these methods but you should know there's no hundred percent guarantee to keep it safe and don't forget.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:34:06 AM

Its not the problem of bitcoin wallet to deal with. But as an individual you can print it and put the hardcopy somewhere safe or maybe put the code in your phone something like meml or notes. If you have laptop you can also save it there. Therebare different ways in order to save or remember your key, but you need to be careful. And something sich important thing is not a thing that you want to loose so hold it tight.
I believe that if the key will be lost all your blessings will also lose. Because private key is really the most important so then before we proceed to the. Next level of gaining we need to make a back up with our crypto wallet for good and to avoid lossing.

artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

It's better to not note your private key on your device (laptop, PC or smartphone), if you forget your private key or lost it, then there is nothing you can do to retrieve back your wallet, keep your private key safety if you don't want that happen to you.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:51:56 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ?
Print your private keys to any form of paper that you can keep for safety. Don't trust your memory even you are the champion in memory verse challenges, it isn't enough to keep your funds.

You can also create a file on a notepad and save it to a flash drive and don't use that drive to any computer that you don't own. Don't use it to public places.

Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
If you lost it, that's lost forever.

Apart from that , I will suggest you to take the periodic backup of your wallet.dat file and store in some other storage/device (other than the system where wallet is installed). It is also considered as a good practice.
Its not the problem of bitcoin wallet to deal with. But as an individual you can print it and put the hard copy somewhere safe or maybe put the code in your phone something like memo or notes. If you have laptop you can also save it there. Therebare different ways in order to save or remember your key, but you need to be careful. And something such important thing is not a thing that you want to loose so hold it tight.
jgaspar

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:55:44 AM

I write it down on my notes so if my phones are corrupted or not working i can still access it on other gadget.

It is a very great idea to write your password on a piece of paper and create copies of it. But if someone forgot the key the wallet will be lost forever.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:55:07 PM

If you lose your key then you are doomed because everything you have ever worked for and ever owned will be lost there is no remedy to that its gone and gone forever please before it happens have your key printed out thaanks
indoagung88

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:08:10 PM

the first: to keep the lock safely by storing it outside the computer. you can write in your book and save in your closet or crop.
the second: if you lose the bitcoin wallet key, it looks like it will be troublesome. most likely will disappear forever.
my advice, keep all keys with banar completely safe and keep away from any small risk (including missing or burning)
good luck

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

The best way is to ensure it isn't stored online no matter what. Rather store it offline. Personally, I printed it out, copied on a matter with pen and stored at various spots. With this I'm confident not to misplace it at all.

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:40:21 PM

The loss of your cryptocurrency private key also means the loss of your digital assets in the particular account.
This is why one should be extra careful in handling of the private key and password.. as there's no known  recovery measures  in place presently.

I heard. First, we lose our password we lose our money that's why I made a print of my passwords and placed them on my draw.
 Its are highly risky to tell someone your private keys so better to care yourself about your keys. Once you lose your wallet password your money will be will be lost forever
C0ld_Zero

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

I usually using a few pass for everyone app, account...I know the risk, but i can secure with 2FA, SMS Authentication, so i dont need keep my password on paper or file.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: