Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
Baskin61

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:34:55 AM

I'm not sure which key you are talking about. If it's about password, then make easy one. If you talking about Private Key, which is 32 different symbols. It's impossible to remember...
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:49:54 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

That's why you're in a bad mood because you've got that private key why you've got that bigger mistake and you're going to break it out but do not lose the time to make your bitcoin wallet again but that's what's lost to you.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

That's why you're in a bad mood because you've got that private key why you've got that bigger mistake and you're going to break it out but do not lose the time to make your bitcoin wallet again but that's what's lost to you.

I think its hard to recover if the key of wallet is forgoten because its many combination of number and letters so for safety your wallet its good if you have a hard copies so that if you forgot you have a backup copies and you surely to keep that you only you know so that you dont risky for your bitcoin.

ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:04:56 AM

Private key is very import to every wallet, if other people will know your private key, they can easily open it and can get your balance their. You should take care your private key. You cannot retrieve your funds if you lost your private key, make multiple back up of your private key.
adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:41:32 AM

for me you need to keep in mind and keep it right to lose and not forget about your key, because every key is important when you lose your key is sure you will not store the wallet, as I need to keep my key thoroughly because my wallet can be opened when I forget the key because my wallet can open a badge if the coin or token is lost.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:45:49 AM

On the off chance that you lose your private keys, you ll lose your assets, that is it. It's difficult to recoup a private key after its lost. The best activity is spare your private keys in better places. Ensure they are spared safely. You can record it on a paper and store the paper safely some place. I have seen distinctive sentiments with respect to the possibility of private keys. Some says private keys are the most exceedingly terrible route for security. Infact the measure of cryptographic forms of money that have been lost through lose of private keys are huge
HeartDesire

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:53:31 AM

If you forget the key to your bitcoin wallet that means you won't have access to that account until your memory could remind you again, its advisable to print out a paper format and store in a safe area where you keep your confidential documents also you can entrust your wife or next of kin with the password in case of death or casualty that could make you impaired.   
airdrop291

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:27:30 AM

Hi there

I have recently experienced this issue and there is no way to retrieve your private details back, I have lost out with primablock as well pre-ico service as my phone broke so lost all of my backups etc, I have now sent my private wallet and details to other email accounts, saved in google drives etc, and also stored on a usb stick, and printed them out and stuck in a safe as a final backup.

Now if you're entering airdrops, as long as the airdrop has not completed yet you can write to the airdrop support people and some may change it to your new wallet, some not all, it's time consuming and you have to jump through hoops.

I would strongly recommend to anyone is preserve your wallet if you had a hundred pounds you wouldn't leave it on the front seat of an unlocked car, by not backing up your wallet you are doing exactly that

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:34:25 AM

for me you need to keep in mind and keep it right to lose and not forget about your key, because every key is important when you lose your key is sure you will not store the wallet, as I need to keep my key thoroughly because my wallet can be opened when I forget the key because my wallet can open a badge if the coin or token is lost.
Yes i agree on that. Private key is really more important and we need to keep it in a verry safe way. We also need to back up our private key to be more safe. Bitcoin is really amazing but we need to keep it in mind that we need to take care of everything we have because one mistakes can lead as to loss everything.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

Well say bye bye with your bitcoin if you lost or forgot the key. The key is the most important thing to be able to access your wallet without it will be gone forever. So put in mind to always secure your key and make more back ups as much as possible for security purposes.

jj6080801

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:16:55 PM

Be cautious! Our private keys are imperative so it is our obligation to guard it. Great power, comes with great responsibility. A few people are utilizing flashdrives, yet there would be propensity this can be lost, stolen or be undermined. I think the best arrangement is to keep it in a journal or print it in a paper and have it kept in a safe place. I likewise incorporated a thumb mark if there should be an occurrence of “forgetting your key” *knock on the wood* that I overlooked my key.
Harah

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

People are in shock when they realize that they could become multi-millionaires if they could only remember their password.
If you don't remember your wallet = loss your bitcoin so always make sure to have a note keep it safe , you only know it.
Kurukungkwang

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

Be careful(

In order to protect our Bitcoin password we creat a record like flash drive or uSB and we keep it in a very safe place like cabinet or drawer with lock and no one can know about such documents so that if we forgot our password it is very easy for us to trace  we have a record.
Arafat01775

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:43:41 PM

You have must to be save the key in a good place. You can use a notepad to keep privet key. Or use your won daybook. And i suggest you can use a cloud storage account and put your key to save.
Giftedcrypt

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:06:54 PM

Firstly Bitcoin does not use key you rather say pass words, you can write to them through support, and you will have to do some captcha task,email verification and wait for some day,it will be restored, don't to use pass word forgotten..
Punit kumar

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:32:43 PM

Private key is very import to every wallet, if you loose or forget that private key,   you won't have access to that account, So you should take care your private key, you  may keep backup your private key. take print and keep safe in locker.  Also you may keep it in your mobile phone which requires to be opened with OTP or password .
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

For me if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet that will be their biggest mistake because our private key is the most important thing to us when it comes to bitcoin.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:30:49 PM

until now I have not known an alternative to restore lost bitcoin wallet keys. I only know if the key of the bitcoin wallet is gone it will be gone forever, therefore we must carefully keep the key of the bitcoin wallet. we can keep a key on the bitcoin wallet on the computer, on a piece of paper, and inside the email account.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:59:01 PM

The only solution for that is to make a backup in an organizer where you can write all your private key and keep off the Internet to avoid hacking but it should be kept in a secure and a safe place.
Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 06:06:00 PM

Forgotten the private key to your Bitcoin wallet make that wallet gone for ever if there is not proper backup of the data. A case of this type just occur to my colleague yesterday 5/07/2018, we tried all we could to retrieve the account all prove abortive just because he forgot his password to his wallet without a backup too. For any transaction, if you forget the private key or the password to that wallet consider that wallet gone forever.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: