Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MAJ] *Major Piece* *First coin to equal 1 Euro, no more, no less* 3/01/14  (Read 20369 times)
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

You can't just create a clone coin with zero feature and peg exchange-rate to another country's currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:49:48 PM

Jeez you love Litecoin so much you should pay them half your earnings from any exchange.. seriously.. go donate to them now please !

But seriously why did you make this ?

oh wait i get it.. you missed getting <lite coin> early so you want to clone the coin and relaunch it so you can get in on flash-mining.

daaaaamn that is smart !
i wish i thought of that Sad

PS:
If i wanted to lookup random words from the dictionary i would.. that is not much of an excuse to make a coin, but
TAKE MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

FUD first & ask questions later™
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

Jeez you love Litecoin so much you should pay them half your earnings from any exchange.. seriously.. go donate to them now please !

But seriously why did you make this ?

oh wait i get it.. you missed getting <lite coin> early so you want to clone the coin and relaunch it so you can get in on flash-mining.

daaaaamn that is smart !
i wish i thought of that Sad

PS:
If i wanted to lookup random words from the dictionary i would.. that is not much of an excuse to make a coin, but
TAKE MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

You really post this in every thread.

Go fuck yourself already you butthurt teenager.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:08:00 PM

How exactly are you going to keep the price at 1 euro?

There is a coin called HashDollar and Devs are proposing to keep it 1:1 parity with the dollar.
They will pegged them into commodities (Brilliant at first) and they said they are partnering with a lot of shops network to accept them.
Pré lanunch non official.
Launch

ps: they did Premine Some of Trillions of coins, apparently, will be to hold the price.

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:11:38 PM

Why Will This Work?

While we say that we are designing a stable currency, we are not designing a currency that is completely stable, that would most likely be impossible. What we are essentially doing is designing an online version of the Euro. This coin would rise and fall the way the Euro does, meaning that it would be stable in conjunction with the Euro. This gives the coin more stability than say a Bit Coin, because the Major Piece has a tangible equivalent while the Bit Coin is based solely on the amount of faith people put into. The fact that it is based solely on faith, and not backed by either tangible assets or a legitimate government means that it is prone to severe fluctuations in value, which can be seen by its decrease in value when China said it would not accept it. While no currency paper or electronic is stable in accordance to other currencies this coin is much more stable in value to real world hard money, by having its value tied to a tangible currency and not merely to faith. Also having this currency may potentially drive up the value of the Euro and in turn drive up the value of the Major Piece.

wut?!

Take an economics 101 class please before designing a coin

pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:05:20 PM

€ 2,000,000 pre-mine  Roll Eyes

Most pre-mines are at 1% or higher. We will probably lower the pre-mine and release an outline of who gets what bounties. Most if not all of the pre-mine will go to bounties and giveaways.

NOT A BAD PROFIT 2M euros premine LOL

And how exactly to you plan on pegging your alt coin to the Euro? Do you intend to purchase MAJ when the price drops bellow the Euro ? and how many BTC will you have to insure such peg ?
LAHAINA

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:28:10 AM

Stability. Reliability. These are just some of the words used to describe Bitember. We pride ourselves in making your mining experience as easy as possible. That's why we're proud to give you our Major Piece pool. http://maj.bitember.com

We are now offering a limited chance for you to get 0% fee on our pool for life. All you have to do is quote this post along with your username.

Bitember. Mining made easy.

Username = Hawaii

Cool

Yes I CANN = Cbz19GvGqdYRM5CaA7WqxaGP8zmzuTQr1T

CAPT = CQju4V5qhVoQ8TKdMWD1DbmeYbFY74CMF6  ☼  BLOCK = BcEJPXyQQMcyK7QJGW7Fw6ECemyYBqJFPH
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

Lahaina side rules the 808  Wink
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:57:03 PM

This coin is just rediculously lol...
nibbloid

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:18:44 AM

This is so stupid, i don't even know where to begin... how old are you guys, 16?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:58:23 AM

i think this is going to catch on actually ....

For example today...

i've been doing a bit of tentative probing just to gage interest....asked 3 checkout girls who work in the poundland store under my studio apartment (slum) ... if it was up to them and them alone... would they prefer to take my major piece or my fiat?

Guess what ...all three said they wouldn't touch either with a barge pole.  

This proves one thing.... both are equally desirable to the public. It's a done deal. 1 billion major piece = 1000 000 000 euro.

jkljb

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

To be equated with the Euro is necessary that the diff is always high because no one will pay dearly for something that can get easily.
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:14:43 PM

I absolutly can not imagine how this will work, what mechanism will be implemented to stabilize the price?
It seems to me impossible.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

I absolutly can not imagine how this will work, what mechanism will be implemented to stabilize the price?
It seems to me impossible.

Nothing in this thread has convinced me this is anything more than a half-baked idea. I can explain exactly how it could be worth one Euro, but then it's not my job to do that. it's the Dev's. I'm just not convinced one iota.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Hannilein

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:53:19 PM

Imo three important points for an alt coin being successful are that the coin offers something unique, new and useful to the community.
Creating a stable coin fulfills these three point.

But unfortunately there are a lot more things you need to take care of to make a coin successful. At the moment I dont see that this is happening.
Rather reschedule the start and invest some more time in planning than launching an unfinished product and wasting the brilliant idea of creating a stable coin.

As a lot of people already mentioned. The "faith thing" is not going to work. No way you can trust in the faith of 1000s of users. Someone will start selling cheap and the rest will panic and follow. (See what happened to Panda coin today)
It sounds like a good idea to have exchanges regulating the price by keeping it stable to 1 €. But what would you do once 1 exchange platform decides not to play any longer according to your rules?
5400000000000 each being worth 1 euro and ppl mining 1000s and 10000s of it with low difficulty at day 1? Not going to work out I would say.

What about regulating the price by having a flexible reward system. The amount of coins per block increases or decreases with the value of the coin. As long as the coin is worth 1€ the reward per block is i.e. 100000 coins. Once the value of the coin goes up the reward increases and vice versa.

Good look with your coin. You might need it.
uhfska

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:18:28 PM

Doesnt everyone know that believing can make it true. If you believe one MAJ is worth a euro then it is, that is that... just say it and pow... its real!!! now you just have to convince everyone else like these schmucks are trying to do. Now another question is if I want euro why would i not just buy euro instead of some make believe crapcoin equivalent ??
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:25:54 PM

Doesnt everyone know that believing can make it true. If you believe one MAJ is worth a euro then it is, that is that... just say it and pow... its real!!! now you just have to convince everyone else like these schmucks are trying to do. Now another question is if I want euro why would i not just buy euro instead of some make believe crapcoin equivalent ??

This coin will fail the moment the premine is announced.

Also, Euro is an inflationary currency. Unless you have a moving cap, having a static cap makes no sense. It wouldn't work without a moving cap.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:52:29 PM

Major Piece of Shit is what this crypto is.

hahahhahahha
GAML

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:16:17 AM

Much negativity.  I am really interested to see how this coin turns out.  I would like to see more information on how you intend to keep the price in parallel with the 1 euro.  I am keeping an open mind on this coin and looking forward to the launch.  Good luck with the launch.

Shadow_moon

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:13:21 AM

The author was 4 days ago  Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: