Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freshmarket.co.in compromised and closing  (Read 9711 times)
def_ender (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:42:00 AM

Its a shame really.

I used to trade there and I hope I can get my coins back.

Def, bounce back strongly rather than shutting it down completely.
Even we will bounce back, it wouldn't happen in next few weeks.
I don't know what i'm gonna do now, but if devs will try to recover exchange, i want them to completely rewrite it.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:45:04 AM

there was attack on https://www.swisscex.com too
sesko

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:46:23 AM

We had ~300 ltc on our exchange wallet, and had ~1000 on our cryptsy wallet (cuz it's obvously more safe than our exchange).

Pretty much this sums it all, about freshmarket exchange. Even dev's didn't believed in good security of own exchange.

OMG, probably users didn't know that, right?
gleydson

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:51:02 AM

Holy f*ing cow.... Just had 1 LTC there but it was still mine...

When do you expect to refund what's left???

czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:54:16 AM

Proof of hack please.

If he really wanted to scam peoples he would close the site and just disappear instead of trying to advertise peoples.
This topic itself should be the proof.

Good luck def, hope you'll bounce back.
Maybe he is hoping to collect 10BTC from the community to pay the hacker since he is broke. That would be an extra bonus to "hacking".
atun92

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:55:46 AM

Hello.
I have really bad news for you - our base, as i see, was partly compromised and leaked to unknown hacker. Today i received a message from him, and threat that all our money will be withdrawn if we wouldn't pay him 10 BTC. Even though we stored user passwords as hashes, some of them was decrypted and used to steal people's money. We temporarily closed (or closed forever?) to think what we can do to refund our customers money, at least partially. We have lost ~40% of LTC, LEAF and part of NYANcoin amount. Sometimes i like the idea when no other exchange accept any money we trade...
Thank you, hacker. You just killed one of the part of cryptoworld bright future.

Sad( i have batcoin in your site Sad its ~ 1m batcoins please give me back my account is atun92
def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:56:17 AM

We had ~300 ltc on our exchange wallet, and had ~1000 on our cryptsy wallet (cuz it's obvously more safe than our exchange).

Pretty much this sums it all, about freshmarket exchange. Even dev's didn't believed in good security of own exchange.

OMG, probably users didn't know that, right?
It is named "cold wallet", and i think every exchange uses this. Sometimes on other exchanges, sometimes on local wallets.
Its a shame really.

I used to trade there and I hope I can get my coins back.

Def, bounce back strongly rather than shutting it down completely.
Even we will bounce back, it wouldn't happen in next few weeks.
I don't know what i'm gonna do now, but if devs will try to recover exchange, i want them to completely rewrite it.

If the site is down for sure users can't help you.
If we don't have any infos it is difficult.
Your admin is sleeping ? Zzzz^^

gradual leak of coin during time = account brute forced consecutively . no ?
Users have to knwow if they are concerned.
>gradual leak of coin during time = account brute forced consecutively . no ?
Yes, i was thinking about it. That's why we made email confirmation 2 days ago, but it seems that it was not enough
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:57:15 AM

Is this really the dev of the site?

Site has been up every time I have logged into it.

No mention of the hack on their tweet either.

We need to get some exchanges for new coins that are stable and secure like cryptsy and coinedup. Or have them speed up the process of adding new coins.

Edit: also there isn't even a single mention about this in coinmarket.io 's thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422153.2000
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:00:04 AM

sent def-ender pm for refund.

hope i get it...

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
poyke

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:02:50 AM

Wow, bad news man. I can't help you but I really hope your exchange will come back.
Good luck!
I don't think this will happen.
Even if we rework all our site, solve all possible security issues - people's trust is lost, as i think. This makes me so sad.
Just now we are trying to find any fund we can - even takin my/devteam funds - to atleast partially refund losses.

Thanks for luck, we will need it.
"Some of them was encrypted"... What the hell are you talking about? ?
Hm, maybe it was mistake. Some of them was DEcrypted by hacker. If you know hashed password, within 5-20 hours you can decrypt it into unencrypted one.
You can either decrypt the pass with a click of a button or cant do it at all.
Hashes today are not a way to encrypt a password. not 1 hash anyway...
They probably did a md5/Sha1 with no salt and no rehashing - Idiots.

def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:03:09 AM

Is this really the dev of the site?

Site has been up every time I have logged into it.

No mention of the hack on their tweet either.

We need to get some exchanges for new coins that are stable and secure like cryptsy and coinedup. Or have them speed up the process of adding new coins.
No, i'm not the dev, i'm the support guy. And it's freshmarket, not coinmarket.io
Just now we are trying to recover what adresses was used to steal, and what - for fair withdraws. We have found one adress, to which 200 LTC gone, and second one where ~1.2 ltc, and investigating more.
sent def-ender pm for refund.

hope i get it...
Please watch op-post of our thread.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:34 AM

Watching the US Senate discussions about what part of Bitcoin SHOULD and SHOULD NOT be regulated...  I think this is perfect example of why Exchanges should be regulated. Also POOLS should be too.

This type of thing occurs too often, and who is left losing everything... the customers.

ANYONE can setup an exchange, you have no idea if their system is secure, or if they are scammer, or if they even know how to use a computer!
At every 2nd coin launch, i see a scammer Pool setup.  pretend to have problems... then steal 1-2 days worth of mine.

Who protects the user?
Who regulates this shit?

The community should.. but they dont... the community is too full of Pump and Dumpers...

It has become a community similar to any online game, or even 4Chan... where you have  Trolls, Scammers, Spammers, Noobs, and the fuckwit elites who think NOOBS DESERVE TO BE SCAMMED!!

Crypto community is fast becoming a group of people who are just there to pump, dump and laugh at anyone that is new.

def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:07:54 AM

It was SHA-512 with individual salt.
atun92

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

how about my batcoin  Huh
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

BULL
SH!T.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
tittiecoin

Activity: 901
Merit: 501

It's a lifestyle

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:10:43 AM

Are you ready for the most amazing story? We were victims of a hack two days ago as well, the person who sold us our gaming sites stole all of the coins held in our games and made off with the 20 million in total from our tittiecoind server and wallet that was held for growing our community. He then blamed his partner who is now supposedly he's X-partner.

We immediately got our team together and started investigating, our investigations led us to a sell order on Fresh Markets for 19 million, this was obviously our coins as the sell order was placed round about the same time as the hack. We then contacted Fresh Markets who were very quick to act and froze the account and suspended trading. Fresh markets worked with us and contacted the trader who explained that he bought the TittieCoin form someone in CEX.io chat. We contacted CEX.io who also "amazingly" jumped right into the deep end to help us and requested a support ticket for their records. We Got CEX.io and Fresh Market in a group chat over Skype along with the the fresh market account holder who submitted the 19 million trade offer, our Founder as well as our two Co-Founders and main Contributors for TittieCoin.

After a long back and forth CEX.io requested a transaction ID from the suspect who was not willing to cooperate any further and stopped responding to our investigation questioning! Fresh Market gave the suspect 24 hrs to respond however the suspect seemed to have been scared off by the amazing team effort put in by CEX.io, Fresh Market and the TittieCoin team! We have since been refunded our 20 million and would like to extend mountains of gratitude to CEX.io and Fresh Markets for helping TittieCoin and it's community get back on track! I do not believe Fresh markets would jeopardize there business for such short term gain. We hope you get back on track Fresh Market and the TittieCoin team are here for you if you need anything!

Much LOVE!

Limitless - VIP is a lifestyle and entertainment agency, leveraging blockchain technology as one of its payment options for services. Masternodes, Proof of stake and Privacy.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

Are you ready for the most amazing story? We were victims of a hack two days ago as well, the person who sold us our gaming sites stole all of the coins held in our games and made off with the 20 million in total from our tittiecoind server and wallet that was held for growing our community. He then blamed his partner who is now supposedly he's X-partner.

We immediately got our team together and started investigating, our investigations led us to a sell order on Fresh Markets for 19 million, this was obviously our coins as the sell order was placed round about the same time as the hack. We then contacted Fresh Markets who were very quick to act and froze the account and suspended trading. Fresh markets worked with us and contacted the trader who explained that he bought the TittieCoin form someone in CEX.io chat. We contacted CEX.io who also "amazingly" jumped right into the deep end to help us and requested a support ticket for their records. We Got CEX.io and Fresh Market in a group chat over Skype along with the the fresh market account holder who submitted the 19 million trade offer, our Founder as well as our two Co-Founders and main Contributors for TittieCoin.

After a long back and forth CEX.io requested a transaction ID from the suspect who was not willing to cooperate any further and stopped responding to our investigation questioning! Fresh Market gave the suspect 24 hrs to respond however the suspect seemed to have been scared off by the amazing team effort put in by CEX.io, Fresh Market and the TittieCoin team! We have since been refunded our 20 million and would like to extend mountains of gratitude to CEX.io and Fresh Markets for helping TittieCoin and it's community get back on track! I do not believe Fresh markets would jeopardize there business for such short term gain. We hope you get back on track Fresh Market and the TittieCoin team are here for you if you need anything!

Much LOVE!
Give me the nicknames

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
poyke

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:17:01 AM

It was SHA-512 with individual salt.
Yeah sure it was  Wink
The hacker is either a psychic triple handed ninja king or you didn't protect the passwords.
One of them sounds better - but the other one is the logical choice.

def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

Much LOVE!
Yep, that was true. As i said, if i wanted to steal something - would steal 20m ttc and go away.
Or just steal all exchange balances and go away.
def_ender (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:38:47 AM

Refunds has started. We found 84% (all our team crypto traded for ltc) LTC and going to refund all we can.

Guys will post in our thread if they receive anything.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: