Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
gofoter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:03:20 AM

I'm going big on this.Let make the journey begin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:23:33 AM

Also, don't forget to vote for MINT @

Allcrypt: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
CoinedUp: http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xk8ge/please_add_mintcoin/
CryptX: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptX/comments/1xxkow/please_add_mintcoin/
SwissCEX: https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

On the other news, we're developing mintcoin-central to be a news/updates site about MintCoin.

Stay Fresh!

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ahhmenuts

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:25:26 AM

Where have people talked about the fallacy this coin has in its PoS strategy? Holding coins (based on coin days) generates income. What is the actual calculation here?

Can someone give some examples of people holding say 1000 coins, and the particular gains they'll make if

a) They hold for an entire period

b) They trade consistently but average 1,000 coins over a period

c) They start with 1,000 coins but end up with 100 at the end of the a period

Seems to me that transacting coin is far more valuable in the crypto market...Why? Because spending money makes money.

In fiat with banking systems money that is 'HELD' so to speak is not actually held, it is lent to others to make money.

Anyone care to discuss these points?

Also where is the transparency on the bounties? The development work? Is everyone going to be wolonged here?

Calc?  20% 1st year  
          15% 2nd year
         10% 3rd year
           5% succeeding years.

http://mintcoin.cc/about-mintcoin/

a.  percentage off the period held.
b.  no payout if you trade.  if in wallet for month continuous.
c.  1000 coins 20% = 1200 coins after year 1

You have 2 variables:   Time is a big one.  Let me ask you, how long does it take for an internet currency to be adapted, and used?  About 5 years.
Yes transactions are important, hence the need to keep a coin distributed in many hands and has longevity.   IF the coin stays in existence for 5 years, by then it will be used traded and invested.

Fiat Banking System remark:  Your living in 0% interest time period.  Where they will charge you to park your money in a savings account.  That is what you call Backwardation, or for the bipolar:  a fucked up market.  hardly free!   IT is rigged.  Free markets would be paying interest.
So what you want to know about the 1913 fiat gang?

Held?  Your maintaining value by not selling during the 5 years it takes to maintain stability and adapt to usage.

Hope this answers your questions.

That isn't a technical calculation. And I think your answers to a), b), and c) are all extremely ambiguous.

Where is the incentive for people to use their MintCoin for trade? It looks like anyone who sells MintCoin will be forgoing a 20% annual interest rate in the first year on that money??

Is it some sort of obligation to assume someone who asks valid questions not here to see crypto like this succeed? I'm trying to understand how others see it working in commerce, that's what's important for the adoption of a particular coin. I have three degrees. Two are masters in international business, and applied finance. I would like to encourage people who can discuss this at the appropriate level to add their views. I'm in for 12M MintCoin currently, I'm not swayed by short term gains I have no need for additional liquidity.

Why does it seem all the kids here are threatened by intellectual discourse?
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:40:30 AM

That isn't a technical calculation. And I think your answers to a), b), and c) are all extremely ambiguous.

Where is the incentive for people to use their MintCoin for trade? It looks like anyone who sells MintCoin will be forgoing a 20% annual interest rate in the first year on that money??

Is it some sort of obligation to assume someone who asks valid questions not here to see crypto like this succeed? I'm trying to understand how others see it working in commerce, that's what's important for the adoption of a particular coin. I have three degrees. Two are masters in international business, and applied finance. I would like to encourage people who can discuss this at the appropriate level to add their views. I'm in for 12M MintCoin currently, I'm not swayed by short term gains I have no need for additional liquidity.

I think to a point it doesn't matter,  I view crypto currencies as the next/new stores of value for the digital age.   Sure we will still have NYSE, Nike and Komatsu however.  For the younger generations I suspect a digital asset of mathematical rarity will make as much sense as a company that makes shoes fairly well.    Or more specifically I don't think a coin has to be widely traded to be of use.   I think MINT could be a purely speculative investment that might really pay off regardless of if it finds much Utility.

The world seems hungry for Crypto,  who knows what is going to happen next.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:59:19 AM

p2pool anyone?
i find that im not getting as much coins as I should on the bigger pools.

Probably because you are expecting the max reward on every block found for some reason. The reward for some blocks can be very small and much closer to one than the max block reward.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:01:09 AM

The world seems hungry for Crypto,  who knows what is going to happen next.

Probably FederalReserveCoin, the only legal crypto! Now with more centralized inflation!
matoy

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 08:08:26 AM

This coin really has potential, been mining some and bought at different levels.

My only concern, is the premine.  Is the dev going to be transparent about what they are doing with it?  700MM is a LOT of coins.  As a community we should hold them accountable.

Look what happened to EAC, 270MM premined, everyone said no big deal, same script you hear with all premined coins. premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc.

What bounties have been paid already?

What bounties are still outstanding?

How much has been given away already?

How much are allocated for future giveaways?

What new features/developments do you plan to implement?

I think a good percent of those coins should go into establishing a MintCoin Foundation.
Really let outsiders know this is a serious coin looking long-term.

thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the EAC premine has not really been touched,  You can go back a couple hundred pages and find the address where it is stored.     It is a concern though I agree, the community needs to know the coins will be spent well.

+1 for transparency.

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:14:13 AM

I just fixed the countdown on www.mintcoin.cc

Even less time till the block reward goes to 1.

Panic buy Cheesy
matoy

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 08:14:52 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 10:43:59 AM by matoy

-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

To get plenty of fresh MintCoins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3445
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
ahhmenuts

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:23:16 AM

I think to a point it doesn't matter,  I view crypto currencies as the next/new stores of value for the digital age.   Sure we will still have NYSE, Nike and Komatsu however.  For the younger generations I suspect a digital asset of mathematical rarity will make as much sense as a company that makes shoes fairly well.    Or more specifically I don't think a coin has to be widely traded to be of use.   I think MINT could be a purely speculative investment that might really pay off regardless of if it finds much Utility.

The world seems hungry for Crypto,  who knows what is going to happen next.

I think utility might not be entirely pertinent at least as a means for speculative adjustment. A few of the major coins with utility will start to become indispensable. Although admittedly with the wrong adjustment we can still see hyper inflation (regardless of being a capped coin supply or not) in the same way we have external risk factors influence financial crisis.

It seems to me that the younger generation is clutching onto things like crypto as many struggle to make serious financial gains through traditional means. I wouldn't explicitly refer to any crypto in the same way as I'd see public companies because production and service value are major factors in their market valuation. They're not entirely speculative, it's not a chicken and egg scenario. Their production value signals market adjustment. Rather than arbitrary 'out of thin air' adjustment.

Crypto like Mint is more in line with gold/silver/art/diamond/ruby holdings, where crypto like BTC/Doge are seemingly set to be more in line with USD/Euro/etc currencies that are dependent on their utility. ie the amount of produced goods or services that their 'money' (crypto) can buy. In a lot of ways Mint is a little more sincere than a lot of commodities where we have a difference between 'perceived' and 'actual' supply that is itself manipulated a great deal. But it's also a little naive to think that because we're here right now we will benefit most from the next financial instrument. What's to stop the next kid deciding they didn't get their fair share, so they want a large chunk of the crypto market by creating their own coin? Not a lot at the moment. The barriers to entry are tiny. As a matter of fact, it's exceedingly easy to start a new coin. There needs to be differentiation, and something involving more than a nice green tinge that determines value.

I'm interested to see what happens to the entry requirements of crypto over the long term, and the adoption of new crypto. If you consider we currently have less than 100 cryptos that make any sort of long term sense, will we see another 100 over the next year? Or will we see more like 2,000 additions over the next year? The reason real world (natural) commodities serve as a valid indicator for 'wealth' is that there aren't any new ones to be found. Other artificial commodities like art are entirely speculative, new artificial (and limited) commodities come up on a regular basis, but it takes skill/talent (and a lot of luck) to become the next Picasso.
Alakazam2000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:38:51 AM

A few BTC walls and then we will touch the stars!
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

were can i check out the value what mint coin is worth at the moment as im confused to the way it values seem diffrent to btc/ltc? any one have site to share thanks

https://www.mintpal.com/market/MINT/BTC

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
bitbd83

Activity: 224

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:09:28 AM

i think think mintcoin will be skyrocket soon.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
bitbd83

Activity: 224

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:13:15 AM

again DDoS on mintpal.com>>>>>>?

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:16:09 AM

I think to a point it doesn't matter,  I view crypto currencies as the next/new stores of value for the digital age.   Sure we will still have NYSE, Nike and Komatsu however.  For the younger generations I suspect a digital asset of mathematical rarity will make as much sense as a company that makes shoes fairly well.    Or more specifically I don't think a coin has to be widely traded to be of use.   I think MINT could be a purely speculative investment that might really pay off regardless of if it finds much Utility.

The world seems hungry for Crypto,  who knows what is going to happen next.

I think utility might not be entirely pertinent at least as a means for speculative adjustment. A few of the major coins with utility will start to become indispensable. Although admittedly with the wrong adjustment we can still see hyper inflation (regardless of being a capped coin supply or not) in the same way we have external risk factors influence financial crisis.

It seems to me that the younger generation is clutching onto things like crypto as many struggle to make serious financial gains through traditional means. I wouldn't explicitly refer to any crypto in the same way as I'd see public companies because production and service value are major factors in their market valuation. They're not entirely speculative, it's not a chicken and egg scenario. Their production value signals market adjustment. Rather than arbitrary 'out of thin air' adjustment.

Crypto like Mint is more in line with gold/silver/art/diamond/ruby holdings, where crypto like BTC/Doge are seemingly set to be more in line with USD/Euro/etc currencies that are dependent on their utility. ie the amount of produced goods or services that their 'money' (crypto) can buy. In a lot of ways Mint is a little more sincere than a lot of commodities where we have a difference between 'perceived' and 'actual' supply that is itself manipulated a great deal. But it's also a little naive to think that because we're here right now we will benefit most from the next financial instrument. What's to stop the next kid deciding they didn't get their fair share, so they want a large chunk of the crypto market by creating their own coin? Not a lot at the moment. The barriers to entry are tiny. As a matter of fact, it's exceedingly easy to start a new coin. There needs to be differentiation, and something involving more than a nice green tinge that determines value.

I'm interested to see what happens to the entry requirements of crypto over the long term, and the adoption of new crypto. If you consider we currently have less than 100 cryptos that make any sort of long term sense, will we see another 100 over the next year? Or will we see more like 2,000 additions over the next year? The reason real world (natural) commodities serve as a valid indicator for 'wealth' is that there aren't any new ones to be found. Other artificial commodities like art are entirely speculative, new artificial (and limited) commodities come up on a regular basis, but it takes skill/talent (and a lot of luck) to become the next Picasso.

I think this is the best ending phrase anyone has ever responded to me with! ha!

I basically totally agree with you.   I may differ a bit in how much 'value' I think the new kids really place on what the old guard considered work.  I am even guilty of this.  For example, I am buying a new laptop.  I am buying it refurbished, for a amazing price.  I bought a SSD drive and and more ram for it too so, it will be quite the sweet machine for little more than a third of what it should cost.    Now I am entirely aware that it probably cost 2 billion dollars to build that chip-fabrication facility.  And even more amazingly that the technology in every bit of my soon to be delivered laptop is built upon 20+ years of insanely aggressive innovation layer after layer.

That being said, I hardly give it a second thought!  Access to these types of goods and services has been completely stable since I was young and my dad bought a 8086 PC home.   I would never consider investing in Samsung, or DELL stock.  I've traded before and managed my own retirement funds but its still a bit of a pain in the ass to do it.   And even though I am cynical about everything and not one of these younger guys I am a hundred times more excited about MINT coin than I am any traditional investment methods.  I don't even like fiat.  I can't seem to take a little profit out of crypto even when I need it.  Instead I find MINT, or something else.   I sense a strong possibility that the next generation that is just at the cusp of this world may just skip the whole fiat-phase altogether.   Getting cash to them will be this annoying process like getting a money order is to me.  They won't have a clue nor care that some huge factory is pumping out ipad10's and can be publically traded.  

Even your point about them maybe starting to flock to crypto because they are having difficulties with traditional means.   That is basically exactly it.  'This' is starting to make more sense than 'That'.   Crazy I know.  

coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:19:05 AM

The incentive to sell comes naturally, rather than forced. Think about it. If the coin holds value & or the value goes up, then at some point you will have enough wealth to be able to spend some of it on things you want/need to buy. You don't spend your way to wealth you save your way to wealth.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

I made a simple worksheet document to calculate how your balance would grow over 4 year period, if you keep your coins. (1M sample on screenshot)

XLSX Download link:

mega.co.nz/#!gswQjRBS!qXalz55k10GH-EkZcgYhLmwwceBo6bWhi0tdJOqOmHI

(You need worksheet capable program to open this document)

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:43:55 AM

were can i check out the value what mint coin is worth at the moment as im confused to the way it values seem diffrent to btc/ltc? any one have site to share thanks

Interesting. I expected the value to dip a little lower, but if it maintains around this the price after the next halving should be higher than the last peak.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
dille71

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:49:11 AM

Wallet 1.4 for Windows available.

-Fixes the Getbalance issue.
-Overview tab displays 6 last transactions

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a20m4137wh7f2w4/MintCoin14.zip
Mirror: https://mega.co.nz/#!5RRzwCIQ!WYixiCwkv99OIGWYR7_2aTftkwJgK7BHm9T8CrhnEsg
Great news to see the devs are active!

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:01:28 AM

Interesting. I expected the value to dip a little lower, but if it maintains around this the price after the next halving should be higher than the last peak.

Higher highs and higher lows. Nice trends, really  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: