Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties required KYC.  (Read 3447 times)
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

It's hard choice. Actually i'm between yes and no.
 Why yes? because as you said, it can reduced/prevented from scammer who using multiple accounts.
Why no? Because i believe there are lot of people who don't want give their real ID and stay as annonymous just like why bitcoin was created.
vorseb

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

I agree that it can help to reduce multiply account to join that bounty. Also it will make fewer people which join it. But before that, I have to ensure that the project aren't SCAM and will not abuse our personal information.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:26 PM

Do you agree that Bounty needs KYC?

In my opinion only, I will agree with this policy to avoid multiple accounts or the use of other accounts in bounties. If it has this policy it will be fair to investors and to bounty participants. Scams can be reduced to a bounty. Dumpers can also be reduced.

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.

I dont like the idea of KYC in bounty because we are not customer to begin with. Also i'd love to protect my identity to the risk of hackers here in crypto. However i love the idea of it that lessen the multi account user and dumpers however it is still unfair for teen bounty hunters out there that dont have any government issued at the moment.
Liz D

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:01:37 PM

If you think KYC is what will stop multiple accounts registration for bounty program the question would be why do I need KYC to support a project? Because bounty is usually attached to campaigns. There are other efficient ways to stop multiple account registration in fact KYC (Know Your Customers) is not really meant for such but rather for company-customer relationship.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:06:43 PM

In my opinion only, I will agree with this policy to avoid multiple accounts or the use of other accounts in bounties. If it has this policy it will be fair to investors and to bounty participants. Scams can be reduced to a bounty. Dumpers can also be reduced.

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.
In my opinion, it is good if kyc is introduce to bounty participants fake entry and multiple account will reduce i use to against it then but i see reason why kyc is good for hubters.
herlips

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:07:58 PM

For me, giving information like accounts or anything about yourself is not a solution to reduce scams or dumpers. Bounty participants like us would not trust anyone with our KYC information, there are so many ways nowadays to steal anyone's account so I can't agree with your opinion.
bridgeport

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:09:49 PM

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.
  I think it depends on the projects because sometimes trusted managers make a promise that it will be deleted right away as the project ended, as I said managers that garnered a 100% trust from the hunters, and I know we had plenty of them.
beurk

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

Moreover, you have to be sure where you give your identity details away. Some scam ones are gonna sell your identity and you could have bad surprise in the near future. I don't want to scare people, but pls research it's legit before you do it.
alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:12:02 PM

No, I won't do it if you need a reward for KYC. You have to make sure that your personal information is safe. People sell the information that will collect you. So it's safe for privacy. I will refuse to do any reward for KYC.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
cryptoking33

Activity: 79
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:14:31 PM

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.

I personally disagree with the opinion that bounty hunters should participate in kYC because it breaches the security of the individual. It also go against the principle of anonymity which Satoshi Nakamoto proposes with the blockchain. However there are other means of checking scams apart from KYC which bounty managers can implement.

★☆★ Ultra ★☆★
Next-generation games distribution platform !
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:15:07 PM

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.

I agree with what you conveyed in this discussion. it is true there are many farmers in this forum in various campaigns. maybe KYC is one to prevent things as you say.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:21:47 PM

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.

My problem with KYC for bounties is what sort of guarantees are there that personal information will be kept secure. If you ask people in the EU for this information you are required by law to meet the GDPR standards. I think that companies asking for this information should be required to complete an audit that their security procedures and systems meet these standards.

jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:24:30 PM

Perhaps it is time for such measures, although it is very difficult at the stage of bounty to determine how popular the project will be and whether to trust it with their personal data is a very difficult moment and I do not even know how to act exactly. But the number of double accounts is so boring that it is probably time to go to the measures stronger than Merit.
enendad

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:32:08 PM

This is a more effective control method for issuing currency. It should have been done long ago. Multiple accounts and spamming have affected the development of certain Tokens and hinder the good environment. Only in this way will it be easier to remove malicious people, but This is not the most effective method. After KYC, there will be a lot of fake people involved. In the end, more processing methods should come from developers how to deal with it and make everything fair.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:34:31 PM

It still doesn't matter though. They can fix it by just registering names of someone and its fix, they can then have to tokens. Why bother to have KYC implemented on bounties. Its those who bought on ICO dashboard that should have been required to fill the data and provide IDs because they did send some USD to buy the tokens which they should show where their funds are from.
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:42:34 PM

I do not like this. There are many ways to fight fraud in the bounty campaign. Not necessarily KYC.
cryptoneox
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:44:41 PM

I think that there should be less radical mechanism to avoid multiple accounts. Some people do not like to post anywhere their documents. Or we need a special trusted KYC service that can be connected to any ICO project, so it will no longer be necessary to pass KYC. Just one time.
conanrien

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:02:34 PM

Actually I am not in favor of this comment. This thought isn't exceptionally down to earth. How might you confide in the abundance administrator with your KYC archives? How might you make sure that he won't take your ID data and utilize it somewhere else? Bitcoin talk account is sufficient evidence that you are not kidding about crypto.
AldoCrawley

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:27:25 PM

Well, many investors think that the bounties do not require KYC. the coins acquired from bounties are so less in no., that KYC is not really needed. A decision should be taken on this issue.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:31:49 PM

What is your Opinion?
Free comment.

I really don't agree with the KYC in the bounty programs. But what else can we do if the projects requires it? Maybe all we can do is to obey what the requirements is in order to receive out rewards.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: