Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO investment still worth it?  (Read 112586 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:28:22 AM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:48:17 AM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think
300% of your purchase price? maybe you are wrong with this number, cryptocurrency will not be worth if the price has dropped 100% of the purchase price, stop investing in ICO if you panic and not sure that their project is able to compete in the market, stop investing in ICO if you don't understand their business concept, stop investing in ICO if you think ICO is bullshit, but you can hold your token and continue your ICO investment if you believe that ICO projects that you want or have invested are able to compete in targeted markets

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
binmu29

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:53:10 AM

You investing in an ICO should have planned to wait for up to a year for your profit, some project are very slow in completing their roadmap, and also don't just invest in ICO do your possible findings, 300% fall is too much Or you should rather invest in altcoins. 
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

Investment is the most effective way to make money. In that ICO investment can give you good effect in a short time. But because the choice is not careful, many people lose everything when investing in ICOs. I think ICO research and selection is the most important. When choosing the correct ICO investment is very future.
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 09:07:37 AM

For Long-Term ( more than a years ) if you choose good ICO ( in order you has reasearh before investing ) it's still worth. ICO is profitable for long term in opinion.. if you want for short term i think its difficult to find in ICO..

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:09:07 AM

ICO's are very risky.

But i still invest in ICO , I do my proper research before investing in any project.

If we will do proper research then there are very less chances to get scammed or lower our investment.

So kindly always do proper research before any type of investment.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1232
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:12:28 AM

it is still worth it, if it is not worth it then why some investors are still getting involved themselves in ico's. and without investors ico's will never become successful.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:14:07 AM

Yes maybe but depends on the circumstances of the ICO investment site ,what i mean if they are not affected on the situation of the market. 'cause we all knows that all alt coin in the market is down due to some factors  , but perhaps in my opinion despite of this situation i think there's still some promising ICO nowadays which you can obtain good return after initial coin offering. But hard to determine as well because of some scam ICO as of now that always convinced more people using good testimonials like classified investment sites.  
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:17:06 AM

Currently, it's not a very good time to invest, unless you're going directly fiat->ico..
if you've been holding btc for a while and seen the price drop, you'll basically freeze your btc at this current price and miss out on the next uptrend.
a perfect time to invest holdings would've been in january, say the ICO finished today, you'd have avoided the entire crash.

regarding the 300% drop, that's likely due to large private sales, where some people get to buy in for a far lower price than what you end up paying.
I wrote a thread about analysing ICOs that includes this, I suggest reading it and maybe if you have anything to add, post a comment  Cheesy

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:17:43 AM

Good day. Yes it is still worth investing on ICO. The earlier you join the bigger the bonuses. Just choose the right ICO to join. Then always be on watch on when to sell at profit. You can check Inscoin for a start. I see this to be unique and it would be worth investing on a project that has so much to offer.
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:18:04 AM

At this time, it's more likely to get better deals if we wait for the exchanges. It's better to be very cautious. Don't invest unless you did your research and you believe in the project.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:20:04 AM

ICOs have proven that they are in large part complete and utter vaporware.

They are merely selling you Hopium.

If you have any common sense, you'd steer well clear from any ICO.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:29:46 AM

Now just a very bad market situation, so people who invest in ICOs are forced to bear losses. I think when the market grows, all investors will be able to make a profit.

retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:30:08 AM

Yes, still worth it, but, on the other side, there so many huge risks involved to take that 'worth it. I mean, it takes a lot of process and time to make the coin worth it by holding for a long time.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

ICOs have proven that they are in large part complete and utter vaporware.

They are merely selling you Hopium.

If you have any common sense, you'd steer well clear from any ICO.

Sorry for your lost in your investment, but i think you better review you market strategy on investment, do your home work, study the information posted on the treed for the said coins, check the fundamentals presented, how the market acceptance after ICO, in every investment has the degree of risk we take at the time we invested for said coin, i would still invest on solid, tested coin posted on the market, we have the same risk as to the amount of money we put in for investment. market Volatile one should always considered upon investment.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:42:55 AM

Well those that enter to early on with huge benefits try to take this as an advantage and those who got in because of the money are trying to sell off as fast as they can. Although ICOs in my opinion still can be profitable if you know how to chose good one well and if you are ready to hold for long term. If however you are looking for short term gain then I guess better don't even bother. I myself haven't bought any ICO during the sale because I don't really like to gamble much. I still think that money can be made with ICOs but with much noise that the place is having it might be more difficult as it seems like everybody is trying to raise capital because they can, even scam ICOs.
RiannaPal28

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

Actually, investing in ICO is quite especially in situation nowadays where the market is bearish. But if you dig deeper on your research, you will find ICOs worth investing to. As for myself, one of the best ICOs right now is VLUX. They are a startup based in Londong specializing in peer-to-peer energy trading. Check them out if you're interested to find out https://vlux.io/
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:53:08 AM

Yes it is still worth it to invest in ICO , but it depends in the ICO where there is a good team , and a good community with a good project. As a investor i still invest in some of the ICO that i know that i can benefit and gain in their project when the ICO is finish successfull. For now its best to invest in ICO that have the long term profits , because now that almost all of the cryptocurrencies are in dip.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:53:58 AM

it has never been worth it and now nothing has changed about ICOs yet. they are still the same high risk investment that anyone can make. which is why people consider them as a gamble instead of an investment. and these days with all the bans such as the ones that SEC is talking about and the warnings they are issuing everyday the things are even harder for ICOs.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Alex_ODN

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

It's worth to invest in ICO, but it's really hard to find good one.
Last investment - Welltrado.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: