Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO investment still worth it?  (Read 112586 times)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:57:03 AM

Over 90% of all ICOs never get on an exchange and the investors get burned. If you are going to invest in ICOs be very careful and perform due diligence before handing over your money. Very few make people amazing profits.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think
300% of your purchase price? maybe you are wrong with this number, cryptocurrency will not be worth if the price has dropped 100% of the purchase price, stop investing in ICO if you panic and not sure that their project is able to compete in the market, stop investing in ICO if you don't understand their business concept, stop investing in ICO if you think ICO is bullshit, but you can hold your token and continue your ICO investment if you believe that ICO projects that you want or have invested are able to compete in targeted markets
300% drop is too much, I dont see any altcoin to drop that much when they get listed recently on some exchanges. but is it possible for an altcoin to drop that much?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:05:27 PM

probably because the bitcoin and altcoin prices are all almost down, I think this is the best time to invest if I have a little money I will invest and wait until the end of the year and sell at the highest price.
bridgeport

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:34:17 PM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think
It's been a while that ICO's struggling to attract investors to invest because hesitation is there, that it might not succeed, but still there are ICO's that excel but in due time.
ugur2222

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

ICO investment requires a very strong feasibility. I have never invested in ICO. Because I do not trust it. When I go to the stock market, I usually get lower.
DreezHoly

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:49:12 PM

Yes, ICO. investment. Is still worth taking a short at, there has. Been bad experiences in the recent past from ICO investors,with a number of ICOs not living up to their. Expectations,. And others turning. Out to be pure scams,. This is however not the case for all of them,. Some ICOs are still coming up with projects worth investing in,. You. Just have to be keen enough to spot one of these
hopingman05

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:52:24 PM

With the current price of the coins right now? I think it is worth a try, my target project right now is menlo.one they are trying to create a safe marketplace for investors their platform would be a game changer if they became successful which I think would be, seeing the number of support it has on their telegram and twitter.
Binauf
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:54:09 PM

Yes it Worth it

Solarex ICO         Powering African Project         Solarex ICO     
Disruptive, Decentralised and Democratised  Solar Energy Ecosystem
rohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

Of course it is worth it to invest in ICO if you are willing to wait longer just to have good profit. Some projects takes time and their roadmap sometimes changes. But if become hasty and didn't understand the projects concept,it might cost you an investment that will result to a fail. My advice is ask before you take a step because we may not be able to determine what will happen on our invest here in crypto world.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:08:38 PM

Investing in ICOs is a huge gamble, it's completely hit or miss. People who buy after the ICO does gain more, because most of the time, altcoins get dumped the moment they hit the exchange, and that's a smarter move than investing in the ICO itself in my opinion.

If you want data on ROI of ICOs, someone posted this recently:
https://www.coinist.io/roi/
It computes the ROI of different coins from ICO price.
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:12:01 PM

Instead of investing in ico,wait until it was released in exchangers and review the coins and watch the movement,but this is intended for long term investing because this will take some time or maybe longer before it come back to original ico price again,from that you will start gaining thats what im doing in my folio remember that Patience is the key

ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

You should be very picky when choosing the right ICO to invest, Some ICO's are full of promise and its very hard to identify which is real or not. When investing in start-up projects you should understand the risk and its making millionaire's in a month.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:28:39 PM

If you want to invest on ICOs don't think it as a quick profit investment but for a long term investment. Majority of ICO's today once listed on exchange platform will surely dump. One factor of this dump is because of bounty hunters who dumps their bounty reward.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:56:17 PM

It's really difficult to decide, I think it depends on which ICO you invest in. There are lots of good projects but to choose which one will survive is important.
Personally I have plans for LIven and Qurrex. It seems to be a very good opportunity to get these on board, both have a very good team and I like their whitepaper as well.
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:29:24 PM

"

One of the reasons that the price going nowhere is that investors and bounty hunters who gets their tokens would right away sell them, and my doing that they are dumping the price significantly!"
Ksenia4Ksenia

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Yeah, I agree with you that's been happening lately. I began to buy tokens of good projects after entering the exchange! These coins can make a quick x2
SplendidHunter

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:02:15 PM

It is still worthy of our investments, despite that are more and more ICO projects on the stage, which are scam and trash. We just need to pay more attention to our choice of ICO and everything will be great.
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:37:16 PM

I feel you because I have also experienced the same. But I won't give up just because I lost fourth and the fifth time because I still do believe that there good people out there with good intentions, our job is to continue the battle in searching those worth to invest ICOs. I will give an eye to Inscoin upon thoroughly reviewing their platform, I can say it'll be worth it.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:56:07 PM

The best choice of ICO investments is with newly launch coins or coins that still have good prospects but prices are extreamly falling. and for now all Coins are not just ICO's down. because Bitcoin itself is going down drastically again. because all coin dominant pair with bitcoin so it impacts for almost all coin.
dont just always give expectation price . be realistic what happen market will save your asset .

-snip-
 Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think

It all depends on your choice. investment in ICO is more full of drama than bitcoin.
the price is really fluctuative. if I became you I would buyback at a lower price again. and keep make more profit ( in coin) . if you believe with project you should continue . but if you see sign of scam project or a lot of failed proggres. think twice what will you do .
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:07:45 PM

If you think you have lost so much money through your investment in ICO then I will advice you to quit investing in ICOs so that you won't go bankrupt.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: