Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin holders will have to pay their tax?  (Read 4307 times)
Tetutu

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:00:12 AM

The payment of taxes by bitcoin hodlers will in some way change the government's reception about bitcoin. This will go a long way to have positive influence in the acceptance of bitcoin.
I strongly agree that the owner of bitcoin is taxed, because with such a policy it means the government recognizes bitcoin and accepts it as a means of payment and investment. The government must optimize the owners of bitcoin so that transactions can be comfortable and tax revenues can be used for development.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:52:49 AM

Even if the government brings such a legislation, I don't think that the vast majority of the holders will reveal their assets. Because Bitcoin is very difficult to trace, unlike some of the other assets such as bullion and equities.
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:51:03 AM

Well i guess we should agree when goverment want to make bitcoin holder to pay their taxes. That can really help for income in those country and at least goverment are making clear that bitcoin are legal to use

chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:56:47 AM

This is impossible. If Bitcoin needs to be taxed, it can only be done by the toll collector, but this is basically impossible, so Bitcoin loses anonymity, and there is no difference between cryptocurrency and traditional currency.

toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:58:46 AM

if indeed with government tax can guarantee security and comfort in investment I think that can be accepted by investors and of course the tax is not detrimental and can make development even better

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:45:55 AM

Even if the government brings such a legislation, I don't think that the vast majority of the holders will reveal their assets. Because Bitcoin is very difficult to trace, unlike some of the other assets such as bullion and equities.

I am sure that there will be some volunteers, who will do it willingly. These people simply always follow the rules. If they are obliged to pay taxes for BTC, they will do it, but the majority will not.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:52:46 AM

I am sure that there will be some volunteers, who will do it willingly. These people simply always follow the rules. If they are obliged to pay taxes for BTC, they will do it, but the majority will not.
as long as it is not regulated by government and regulated in regulations, i think there are indeed many who don't pay it. but later if the regulation has been established, i think it will be an obligation
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:23:04 AM

There is no technology to regulate the circulation of cryptocurrencies unless the user is willing to do so. Usually this is not acceptable. Taxes for future cryptocurrencies can only be taxed through ordinary commodities. Otherwise it is impossible to achieve.

Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:38:07 AM

In my opinion. there will be an increase in migration from bitcoin to other cryptocurrencies that is more anonymous and imposes no taxes for transactions. on the other hand, imposing taxes on bicoin holders defeats the purpose of anonymous transactions, there is nothing wrong with this as long as there will be regulations to protect the identity of the customers at the same time protecting also the interest of the investors
kewlia

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

i think that, all bitcoin can agree pay to tax if government give legalige. if come any problem in cryptocurrency, and government can do solve support. then all bitcoin holder can do trade, investment earn big profit. all holder can make rich and all time they feel happy so eassily can pay taxes.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:37:47 PM

than just pay it.
if government, officially issue regulation about people that have bitcoin must be taxed, it mean we must pay tax. its mean that bitcoin is something valuable and profitable for government, and they admit it. but they still never try to control it
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:18:27 AM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Maybe the expansion of BTC community will get low than usual.
No for now because bitcoin has no clear definition on what really bitcoin is considered. Some may say that bitcoin is an asset which could be taxable by the government or a digital currency but not functioning as digital currency because of its form(decentralized currency). So we should not speculate for these things to happen because we do not want also that our bitcoin holdings will be taxed out by the government.
Yeah, you are right about that but you should see that there are many countries where Bitcoin is legal and tax free and people living there are enjoying it. On the other hand countries where it is banned already there is no concept of any tax system on crypto because there is no legal crypto system. Furthermore, few countries are there including America is not tax free so people living there will have to pay tax over it.
Yeah for now there is no proper tax system to implement on crypto, so many countries don't seem to think about legalizing it, but not all countries legalize on the condition that they provide taxes, some countries make free to use bitcoin, like America but don't ask for tax
denmark00

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:51:51 AM

What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Maybe the expansion of BTC community will get low than usual.
That is not what will happen in the future but already started in some countries now. I think it is a good sign proving that the government is gradually accepting bitcoin.
rationotled

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:45:09 AM

This is impossible. If Bitcoin needs to be taxed, it can only be done by the toll collector, but this is basically impossible, so Bitcoin loses anonymity, and there is no difference between cryptocurrency and traditional currency.
Taxes are for the countries in first place and it make the country rich and rise the living standard of the people so I do not think it is a bad thing as long as they are fare enough not to discourage the investors.
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

I don't think paying their taxes is good in this situation of the market and I think payments of taxes in bitcoin is not bad at all but what I think is it is not yet legalized in any country. That's why it is fair not to pay taxes because we know that it is unstable currency and it is hard to predict when will gonna start increasing his value.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1762

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

If the government legalizes Bitcoin in the country where we live I think it is legitimate in tax collection, provided that Bitcoin is officially traded.
Another thing is that now Bitcoin is still no attraction between the government and holding Bitcoin.
so the conclusion of Bitcoin if the tax law is made okay.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:04:14 AM

Of course not, bitcoin holders should not have to pay taxes because this bitcoin does not have rules like, anyone who has free bitcoin is not taxed and no bitcoin will be able to manage it. anyone will not be able and will not be able to tax the bitcoin holder.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:24:06 PM

Of course not, bitcoin holders should not have to pay taxes because this bitcoin does not have rules like, anyone who has free bitcoin is not taxed and no bitcoin will be able to manage it. anyone will not be able and will not be able to tax the bitcoin holder.
- Exactly, bitcoin is really special and it is not controlled by the government, so the bitcoin holders will not be bound by the law and taxation is an impossibility, but over time, I think the government will shorten the gap with bitcoin and they will be able to control every bitcoin activity. The profit from taxing bitcoin holders is too great, the government will not ignore this benefit but when this time comes, if the government does not adjust the tax accordingly, the bitcoin holder can rebellious and create a wave of protest, so the government will need to consider carefully the taxation

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:54:26 PM

Capital gains on crypto will always be taxed unless some regulations here in the U.S. are changed. A friend mine cashed out about $850k USD worth of $BTC this year, he is freaking out. He doesn't know yet how much his tax bill will be next year. He's sort of an anarchist. He hates govt. and the IRS. He feels that taxation is theft.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:01:18 PM

Capital gains on crypto will always be taxed unless some regulations here in the U.S. are changed. A friend mine cashed out about $850k USD worth of $BTC this year, he is freaking out. He doesn't know yet how much his tax bill will be next year. He's sort of an anarchist. He hates govt. and the IRS. He feels that taxation is theft.
if in my country, the income in cryptocurrency is included in other sources of income, so it will be taxed. there is a certain formula for calculating it. but as long as he does not spend on property, cars, or other valuable objects related to bureaucracy, i think it remains safe in the bank, because in my country the tax office has not been connected to the bank
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: