Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin is most likely going to die, here is why...  (Read 2821 times)
Triwiyono

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:58:52 PM

bitcoin can survive almost 10 years, there are also many who maybe preach if bitcoin will die. but in fact bitcoin is still able to survive until now, even though the price is now very cheap, but there is still a possibility for the price to rise. bitcoin will not die unless the internet is lost.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

I am one of the believers that bitcoin will not die and will never die. Even though it looks like it is going to, I am still hoping that it won't. It really helps the poor people.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:09:41 PM

i do believe that bitcoin will die soon. yes it is a fact that bitcoin is no longer unique but we have to wait when the market dictates when bitcoin is no longer useful for them  but for now, let us enjoy the price of bitcoin.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

Are you sure bitcoin is going to die because of these reasons. Bitcoin is the most unique techology that has ever happened to the finanncial sector. Bitcoin for striving for 9 years , It wont die like other inventions.

I agree with this, in fact this year is a correction which we can say will bring out the best that we can for holding since the real time for us to gain will be probe next year year since the prior year was not properly maintained the proper flow how should the bitcoin price will fluctuate and I guess that's the main reason why we suffer this year, but keep working this will work as soon as possible I hope.

Evil eye

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:27:52 PM

Everyone has some good and bad ideas about Bitcoin. Yes it's just some people think Bitcoin will be dead. But many people say that Bitcoin is less likely to die. Selling a product is not always the same price when selling in the market. The religion of the market value is the rise and fall. Sometimes the price will increase or decrease the price, it is normal. Bitcoin is just like that. The notion that Bitcoin will die if Bitcoin's price drops is not correct. Bitcoin's price is low, but it will increase again anytime.
bitcoincitr

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:05:32 PM

It is difficult to say bitcoin is not unique anymore. Bitcoin is bitcoin and others are only alternatives. Hence it is unique.  It is an asset for people who want to store their savings privately within a decentralised system, just like people are doing via storing their investments under pilow for centuries.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

You were wrong in the previous prediction and you will be wrong for this one too. Even after experiencing all this, if you are still thinking what Bitcoin has done or why the price will increase then I will have to suggest you to study more about cryptocurrencies.
Agilth@mail.ru

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:05:52 PM

it is unique  technology. At least it can't die that soon. I personally estimate that in following 5-7 years bitcoin will rise to the sky and replace the current value or it will go to the grave and nobody will talk about it.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

You are worng because Bitcoin going to never die but this price is everyday die right now.at the present moment now Bitcoin price 6400$ it's thinking Bitcoin price decrease look at 2017 last year.but Bitcoin price unstable so it can be increased anything and anytime.
Dean Collins

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:11:06 PM

This is an interesting point of view, but not the most correct. I prefer to just watch the process, and not get into all the predictions about cryptocurrency.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:52:25 PM

This is just the early stage of bitcoin despite Bitcoin is already ten years old but is a revolution cutting across every area of sector. China unbanned cryptocurrency because they know if they don't adopt it on time ,they might loose their place as the economic power of the world. More institution are now introducing blockchain technology to their curriculum. According to Warren buffet Bitcoin is here to stay. I strongly believe in Bitcoin and it will not die .

rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:53:05 PM

no one can know the development of even bitcoin crypto currencies because it is already the nature of the currency, the development of crypto currencies depends on their own investors
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:03:42 PM

Really? I think bitcoin is just starting. There are times that people think it will die, well it is just normal since we are all free to give our opinions. The price is just low but if you will look at the development of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the whole world, you can notice how it change the way it before.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:55:03 PM

I don't agree about some other notions that bitcoin is not going to make it in the future, will going to be obsolete, or even going to die soon. What i see in the future is a very healthy bitcoin and cryptoworld that's simply because the usage of bitcoin today is already high and that the integration of blockchain into businesses today is already in the spotlight.

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

I do not own any bitcoin, but I knew about bitcoin 6 years ago, before most people even heard about it. Except I didn't buy it then, I was wrong about that prediction. So I am trying to see if I can make some money now.

But looking into the future, I am still not convinced about bitcoin. Before anyone get all defensive, I would like to know WHY you think it will go up. Because I would like to make some money too.  Grin

In my view, there are several problems:

1. Bitcoin value is all based on sentiment. Most people say it is under valued now, but that is only a reflection of how you feel about it. And this is fine, because in comparison most stock prices are irrational as well (especially these days). people make lots of money buying over valued stocks. But the problem I see is that the fear-of-missing-out sentiment has passed. Almost everyone know about bitcoin now. And they also know Bitcoin has dropped 70% of the value since its highest peak? Once someone get burned by something, the others will be a lot more cautious. And when people become rational about a investment that is built on sentiment, that is a huge problem for future growth. there are many examples of puffed up stocks crashing down to earth, and never to recover its value. The ones that can recover and soar in the long run all have great business fundamental to support its value, in other words "making money".

2. Bitcoin is no longer unique. Regardless of what people say, bitcoin is not like gold. Sure, the amount of bitcoin is finite, but it is not unique compared to other cryptocurrency. The only thing special about it, is the name itself. And there are tons of new cryptocurrencies now, and people can create infinitely more types, IF it is profitable. Correct me if I am wrong, what is the fundamental difference between a "bitcoin" and a "ripple" other than the value? nothing at all.

3. technology risks. There is always a possibility a more advanced cryptocurrency will emerge and completely outshine bitcoin. I believe there are already some cryptocurrency that transact faster than bitcoin? Not sure of the detail but I have read it somewhere. And when it happens again and again bitcoin will be wiped out. Remember we used to use CDs? tapes? camera films? Bitcoin was created almost a decade ago, that is a lifetime ago in the technology world.

other issues: practicality, and safety. It doesn't actually make paying for something easier, and some argue this is safer than traditional banking, well just look at the news of people lost coins or got hacked.

I do think it is possible for bitcoin to go up (not skyrocket though), but it seems the headwind is getting really strong. So why do you think you should hold on? Instead of just saying "it will go to the moon", "it will change the world", please provide reason.
I disagree with your points that bitcoin will not succeed in the nearest future since the existence of this cryptosystem bitcoin has proving to be the most valuable, secure and controller of all other cryptocurrencies. Many people feel disappointed because of the price increased as at 2017 ending which not reduce drastically again but they forget that this same coin was $0.8 as at 2009 if am not mistaking. So I will advice will learn to avoid greediness looking for 100% profit in our investment here always leads to regret and stories that touch.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:21:04 AM

If bitcoin dies, all existing crypto will die, and there will be no more cryptocurrency. That is the uniqueness of bitcoin where every existing crypto moves its price following the movement of the price of bitcoin. For that I believe that bitcoin will never die, and always lead in the crypto currency market and become a guide in the price movements of each crypto that exists.

Are you sure though that without bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies will cease to exist as well? But what if there are other coins that are structurally better than bitcoin?
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:36:05 AM

If bitcoin dies, all existing crypto will die, and there will be no more cryptocurrency. That is the uniqueness of bitcoin where every existing crypto moves its price following the movement of the price of bitcoin. For that I believe that bitcoin will never die, and always lead in the crypto currency market and become a guide in the price movements of each crypto that exists.

Are you sure though that without bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies will cease to exist as well? But what if there are other coins that are structurally better than bitcoin?

The idea that if bitcoin dies all crypto dies is Complete and Utter Nonsense.

1.  Other coins such as Litecoin / ETC / ETH and others also have fiat gateways.
     Bitcoin could die tomorrow and the other coins would continue unabated.

2.  Other Crypto coin have no reliance whatsoever on the Bitcoin Mining infrastructure, they can continue regardless of bitcoin's life or death.

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: