Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #5 - QTY 8 Gridseed LA6M 48Mhash Scrypt [0/160]  (Read 22356 times)
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 08:41:46 PM

I'd be interested in getting more shares instead of selling off those extra's Wink

And poolwise, would it be an idea to do a "groupbuy" where we finance development of a specific low difficulty pool for these miners? I guess there will be massive interest for that and it might earn a nice fee for the group. Combined with some miners for the group too of course. No foul in mining Wink

I can make additional shares available in batches of 10; but since the hardware is priced in dollars we are looking at a per share price of .55btc. Still interested?

A pool of some sort is in the plans.... if I could just stop buying hardware long enough to get other things done. 
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:33:26 PM

You mean with the current low BTC rate? I'll check tomorrowmorning, but I think we can work something out Wink
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:12:13 PM

I'm looking at a node.js based stratum server, looks like we can have a private pool up and running pretty quickly.

This is a great idea.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8924

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:39:05 AM

I'd be interested in getting more shares instead of selling off those extra's Wink

And poolwise, would it be an idea to do a "groupbuy" where we finance development of a specific low difficulty pool for these miners? I guess there will be massive interest for that and it might earn a nice fee for the group. Combined with some miners for the group too of course. No foul in mining Wink

I can make additional shares available in batches of 10; but since the hardware is priced in dollars we are looking at a per share price of .55btc. Still interested?

A pool of some sort is in the plans.... if I could just stop buying hardware long enough to get other things done. 

I would buy a couple of shares under the same conditions as #5 (i.e. free hosting).

Also interested in the pool idea, I would definitely invest given an opportunity.
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:40:27 AM

You mean with the current low BTC rate? I'll check tomorrowmorning, but I think we can work something out Wink

Yeah I actually might go for this too instead of buying unit now that I think about it...

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:32:28 AM

Ok we have a tracking number, waiting for the package to get diverted from customs to us. 

I'm opening this back up for 40 more shares making it an even 200 shares. Offering is now .55btc
dyland

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:41:17 AM

Ok we have a tracking number, waiting for the package to get diverted from customs to us. 

I'm opening this back up for 40 more shares making it an even 200 shares. Offering is now .55btc

Would we still have to compensate for any differential with previous gbs?

Also I assume Canadian bank is ok for ach invoice --if I go that route (sorry still deciding as I have a feeling my wife will hate the LA3M in the house)-- as per my email?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:50:33 AM

Bought 2 (making it 4 of each GB4 and GB5).

1BhvKqYiew1ofQPg8L2QdN1W713oPScNG7

https://blockchain.info/tx/1c88deea0faba482d23db0d613cb1e2c0fd3b68325909a7d7959399bfb200c47
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:57:40 AM

Would we still have to compensate for any differential with previous gbs?

Also I assume Canadian bank is ok for ach invoice --if I go that route (sorry still deciding as I have a feeling my wife will hate the LA3M in the house)-- as per my email?

Yes, because due to the power efficiency we are able to piggy back these on your current hosting obligation.  I'd grab the group one shares that are for sale as their KNC will arrive before the others.

I understand the wife hating it...lmfao...my wife HATES it! And we have a room full still.... always need more space and power!
lostering

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:44:51 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 03:23:25 PM by lostering

Deposit BTC0.25 to reserve for 3 shares as discussed earlier. Will pay in full on Thursday

txID: c82f292faa2479ad9d3fa1c31314ec4dc1a3c2bf0b2fe2366c9308e10bdbd5b4

Just sent BTC2.684 to complete order of 6 shares. (Total own 8 shares in the group)

txID: eb3b837ec902876fd22264b8f68d68aee21d162ebdba7c9660201a7e5a9a4ed3

Thanks

BTW, how are things going with the extra units?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:34:41 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2020, 05:53:33 PM by suchmoon

We should just mine at Wafflepool, they automatically mine the most profitable coin, trade it for BTC and send them to the miners, all for just 1% (Middlecoin is 3.38%)

I have the exchange/payout system fully automated, no point paying any extra fees.  The problem is that these miners don't do well on high difficulty shares, which is all you can get with Wafflepool, middlepool, or clevermining.  There's a lack of transparency (what coin are we really mining?) that is also troubling. We're going to experiment with a few different pools (I already tried all the easy ones that convert for us, pretty disappointing). Really though we would be doing much better right now solo mining.  I'm looking at a node.js based stratum server, looks like we can have a private pool up and running pretty quickly.

My miners seem to be doing reasonably well on waffle. Clevermining was not good (lots of rejects). Will try middlecoin next.

Edited 2020-11-27 to fix a broken image
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:13:56 PM

Deposit BTC0.25 to reserve for 3 shares as discussed earlier. Will pay in full on Thursday

txID: c82f292faa2479ad9d3fa1c31314ec4dc1a3c2bf0b2fe2366c9308e10bdbd5b4

Just sent BTC2.684 to complete order of 6 shares. (Total own 8 shares in the group)

txID: eb3b837ec902876fd22264b8f68d68aee21d162ebdba7c9660201a7e5a9a4ed3

Thanks

BTW, how are things going with the extra units?

Thanks for your order!
We have a tracking number for the remaining units; we are waiting for them to complete their customs inspection.  I was hoping we would get them today, but now it looks more like Monday.

We should just mine at Wafflepool, they automatically mine the most profitable coin, trade it for BTC and send them to the miners, all for just 1% (Middlecoin is 3.38%)

I have the exchange/payout system fully automated, no point paying any extra fees.  The problem is that these miners don't do well on high difficulty shares, which is all you can get with Wafflepool, middlepool, or clevermining.  There's a lack of transparency (what coin are we really mining?) that is also troubling. We're going to experiment with a few different pools (I already tried all the easy ones that convert for us, pretty disappointing). Really though we would be doing much better right now solo mining.  I'm looking at a node.js based stratum server, looks like we can have a private pool up and running pretty quickly.

My miners seem to be doing reasonably well on waffle. Clevermining was not good (lots of rejects). Will try middlecoin next.

Looking good, what clock speed are you running them at?  We are struggling with stability issues on ours.  They tend to get some USB error and afterwards it takes a hard power cycle of the control module (and sometimes the USB hub).  We've ordered some remote power switches so we can better manage the power cycling. If the next shipment doesn't arrive before the weekend then I will have some time to work on setting up a private pool.  Looking at the blocks we are finding on DOGE, solo mining/private would be far more profitable than anything else. Also I am hoping we get updated control module firmware soon too.  As we get everything settled out, we can do some A/B testing to see what strategy is the most profitable ~ good to know Wafflepool is working now (did they lower the difficulty? it was fixed at 512 when I tried, which forced the miners to reboot every 10 minutes because a couple didn't find a share yet). Perhaps it depends on what coin they are currently mining.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:49:14 PM

Looking good, what clock speed are you running them at?  We are struggling with stability issues on ours.  They tend to get some USB error and afterwards it takes a hard power cycle of the control module (and sometimes the USB hub).  We've ordered some remote power switches so we can better manage the power cycling. If the next shipment doesn't arrive before the weekend then I will have some time to work on setting up a private pool.  Looking at the blocks we are finding on DOGE, solo mining/private would be far more profitable than anything else. Also I am hoping we get updated control module firmware soon too.  As we get everything settled out, we can do some A/B testing to see what strategy is the most profitable ~ good to know Wafflepool is working now (did they lower the difficulty? it was fixed at 512 when I tried, which forced the miners to reboot every 10 minutes because a couple didn't find a share yet). Perhaps it depends on what coin they are currently mining.

850 MHz. Waffle is still fixed at 512. I've had the controller declaring a miner "dead" and rebooting all of them, although not every 10 minutes, maybe once in 1.5-2 hours. I have not had an issue with the controller needing a power cycle.

I'm thinking to try "rooting" into the controller ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=490348 ) and see if there is a way to adjust the 10-minute keep-alive check to a more reasonable value.

I'm also following Raspberry Pi developments in some threads around here and once there is a solid port I'll probably cook something up with the Pi and relays to make sure that only the "dead" miner gets rebooted if the stability issues persist.

Overall I'm still very pleased. This required a lot less setup time than an equivalent GPU rig (no f$&%ing around with PCI-E risers), is much quieter, and the whole thing draws only ~80W at the wall (1/15th of a GPU setup).
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 09:40:44 PM

Update for any newbs wanting to join us:

Given that we don't currently have any open pubilic group buys, I am making the following offer for anyone looking to join our mining cooperative.
You get 1 share of Group #2(or #3, they are in essence the same) and 1 share of Group #5 for the low price of .75BTC.
With these shares there's just one low monthly payment $14.99 you get 18+GH sha256 and 300khash scrypt.
Please send payment to 1NiNJAGi1k51pfxKsQQQisf3MMwsPU5yCc and post in the thread to buy. This offer is EXTREMELY limited.
dyland

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

Given that we don't currently have any open pubilic group buys, I am making the following offer for anyone looking to join our mining cooperative.
You get 1 share of Group #2(or #3, they are in essence the same) and 1 share of Group #5 for the low price of .75BTC.
With these shares there's just one low monthly payment $14.99 you get 18+GH sha256 and 300khash scrypt.
Please send payment to 1NiNJAGi1k51pfxKsQQQisf3MMwsPU5yCc and post in the thread to buy. This offer is EXTREMELY limited.

^this only only for newbs?

PS I think I'm going to stick at my current shares and not get the LA3M at this point (if you haven't already sold it).

I can't get enough shares of the first GBs to get to 10 and the total cost if I were to (people taking offers at .2BTC in previous GBs) --7.5BTC-- is too much for me to sink in at the moment. Speculating instead to diversify.

Also sort of sitting on the sidelines with respect to forking and a new home purchase. I'll have a new huge cool concrete basement soon for GPUs if a scrypt fork comes.

All in all deciding to bide my time at the moment I think.

Great GBs and great organization and happy to have the shares I do.

Looking forward to an announcement when it comes from a large vendor, but I don't think this will come for another 6 months or so after regulators stamp it and venture caps figure out how to make it easy....this will turn the tide and we should see it go to 1500 by the end of 2014...in the meantime it will be a wild ride, probably sinking again to 400 with regulation news or another hack...but anyway, this should all go into speculation.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:47:49 PM

The offer is open for anyone.  We've been holding off on the big GPU group buy as we are watching what NVidia is doing very carefully.
dyland

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

The offer is open for anyone.  We've been holding off on the big GPU group buy as we are watching what NVidia is doing very carefully.

OK, I see. Thank you.

And just to clarify: do I have to buy multiple of ten shares in GB#5? e.g. if i buy another two shares through trade in GB#1, can I buy only two more here in GB#5?

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

OK, I see. Thank you.

And just to clarify: do I have to buy multiple of ten shares in GB#5? e.g. if i buy another two shares through trade in GB#1, can I buy only two more here in GB#5?

Multiple of 10 is for previous group buys to allow you to take possession of the hardware.  This Group Buy requires you to own 1 share for each share you buy.  So if you own 2 shares of Groups #1-#4 you could buy 2 here (because of the free hosting).  No minimum buy (whole shares only).

The rest of the hardware cleared customs today, I expect to get it early next week and we will pull out all the stops to get it up and running.  Hopefully we can resolve our stability issues this weekend.  The current batch is being moved from the staging area to the cage and we are developing a monitoring system to reboot dead miners automatically. Also a new firmware release is imminent.  And we are going to try to get our own pool up and running ASAP, with the kind of hashrate we have we can pull significantly more income using our own pool.
dyland

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

OK, I see. Thank you.

Multiple of 10 is for previous group buys to allow you to take possession of the hardware.  This Group Buy requires you to own 1 share for each share you buy.  So if you own 2 shares of Groups #1-#4 you could buy 2 here (because of the free hosting).  No minimum buy (whole shares only).

The rest of the hardware cleared customs today, I expect to get it early next week and we will pull out all the stops to get it up and running.  Hopefully we can resolve our stability issues this weekend.  The current batch is being moved from the staging area to the cage and we are developing a monitoring system to reboot dead miners automatically. Also a new firmware release is imminent.  And we are going to try to get our own pool up and running ASAP, with the kind of hashrate we have we can pull significantly more income using our own pool.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm on the fence buying the LA3M mainly because of the stability issues I've been reading about as I have no time to babysit while I'm at work or at home; really curious as to the results of the firmware test. Will definitely buy a unit if the stability issue is solved via new firmware and if those doubled hashrates that were posted somehow prove to be a reality (if they are, someone is probably protecting that secret).

If you do go to a private pool, can GB members get on that with their own equipment?

sicHiRsch

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:07:42 AM

As discussed via PM, here the deposit of 0.45 to reserve another 5 shares. Rest (2.3) will be sent as soon as I have them.

txid: https://blockchain.info/tx/d612d5dc59ef25169d84adfe848cf6235c1b5a78bdb94b7466b0e8ed44e6e02c

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: