Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #5 - QTY 8 Gridseed LA6M 48Mhash Scrypt [0/160]  (Read 22356 times)
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:00:34 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 03:37:42 PM by MWNinja

Closed. One of these miners mangled my finger pretty badly. I'm not happy with them, so bringing the total back to 160 shares as I don't want to deploy any more of these things.

We promised a Srcypt group buy; but the power consumption on GPUs really hurts the profitability over time.  Enter Gridseed, the first combo Sha256/Scrypt ASIC. I've placed the order for 48Mhash worth of Gridseed Asics - QTY 8 of LA6M.

If you aren't a current owner there are a few owners that are looking to sell some of their shares of earlier group buys, I will help facilitate your purchase. I think there are some offered at .25btc. Or PM me for interesting offers, we're still trying to grow the community and don't want people being left out.

Owners only, limit 1 per share you own.  0.55 BTC gets you 300kh/s of Scrypt hashrate hosted FREE as long as you maintain your other group buy shares in good standing.  If you take delivery of hardware for your other shares and want to keep the 300kh/s of Scrypt, a $14.99 per month fee per share of Group Buy #5 will apply.  We don't have an exact start date yet, but expect to be hashing no later than Feb 28th.  

Asiabtc has guaranteed shipping by Feb 20th, and promises a full refund if not shipped.  If they fail to deliver, any refund we obtain will be dispersed back to the owners.  We've done due diligence and asiabtc has been reputable, but we can not assume responsibility in the case where they fail to refund or deliver.

Who am I?
I'm an open source developer, and a Bitcoin mining hardware addict. I've run out space at several mining locations, and finally "bit the bullet" and moved into a world class datacenter. We are talking about a 24 hour security (multiple redundant power systems, back-up generators, back-up back-up generators, pre-chilled water tanks for back-up cooling, retina-scan access) professional data center. I am the Meetup coordinator for the Arizona Bitcoin Meetup group (now 110+ members strong; Bitcoin is kicking ass in PHX!!!). I've met many people from Bitcointalk and prominent members of the community in person as well. I've run a few Bitcoin related projects, designed my own Bitfury USB miner (ouch on that story), and pretty much eat, sleep, drink, live and breathe Bitcoin 24/7/365.

A full-time employee at the datacenter is a group buy owner. Our hardware is getting the coldest spot in the house, and will be well supervised! No more intense heat, fire risk, angry wife, or surprise electric bills. Let us host your miner(s) in an ICE COLD datacenter.

This Group Buy Includes:
  • 8 Gridseed LA6M Units
  • Free Hosting as long as you as long as you maintain your other group buy shares in good standing.

Terms

Payouts will be paid weekly. Hosting is FREE as long as you maintain your other group buy shares in good standing.  If you take delivery of hardware for your other shares and want to keep the 300kh/s of Scrypt, a $14.99 per month fee per share of Group Buy #5 will apply. As these units share a common control module, it's not possible to take physical delivery.  We expect to run these units for several years. Non-payment of hosting fees/deficit will result in forfeiture of ownership rights to the hosted hardware. Any and all payments are due when invoiced; 30 days late constitutes default and will result in forfeiture of your fractional ownership.

How to Buy

Current owners only send BTC0.55 x the number of shares you would like to the common group buy payment address:

1NiNJAGi1k51pfxKsQQQisf3MMwsPU5yCc

ACH Payments available on request via PM, at the preev.com rate.  

FINCEN Compliance: This group buy is hosted in the US and geared toward US persons who would like to take an ownership position of Bitcoin mining hardware. You are buying a fractional ownership of the hardware. The group buy coordinator is NOT offering any type of security or financial product, rather we are selling fractional ownership of physical hardware and providing hosting/management services. Out of an abundance of caution, we reserve the right to collect KYC information from our customers. You may be requested to present an ID and recent utility bill to verify your identity. The group buy coordinator is not a money transmitter, and merely facilitates hosting of miners for group buy owners.

Owners List

1DAemoNXFNQxeDQAeRdEg245WvYsCfdgE9   3   daemonfox
1G5rLhbccqhPKKt5becKvUU53zmjrjfoNP   6   Flep182
124WvbC1CND9R9eUdnyXHZeMoFT1HK5KeF   8   dunchy
18usMPsvQ2yCApwi2uP5z9kotJtaPjhCeK   4   sudoku
194eNhe2KHUBnuxFqssBKYPdJPpNBNesVK   1   Tragter
1A8VRiALKLa26aB2zRzxcjQHMeUBWM5H4A   2   Timetwister
1PoY1bpigWqqeTkY3XErUzJvKdNubPtRVS   7   dyland
1P7mZrQ1MWcAV8Kya8L8QK6w4qQbZ6PeHn   5   trentdk
19aasBiKnc77cMwYUz6fsdZb57jdMZy12T    2   pimd
16HTJx4cWsEP2GeLHhEWrTVSaFnmXwVmXT   7   sicHiRsch
1CGXBqwPUJv9LY6dhEz7n7FU1VsrExfG2c    1   nudeymagazineday
18vA71AdGgTJhuDYkj2WMNnxBoaVRuKGgc   2   MWNinja
1EHRAYFFtRajfAoTXuJzFTAbjBwfxrf5vP   5   n/a
1CpwUmo87uiX2LA6fM6YPcBYgVBjRqSkNz   16   ivandollar (reddit)
176V7LPmiu79wCPGTnfwrG67L5BJE7zfdE   11   tntdgcr
132GReLuHi3XzAPg4Uu12MZutsv1wvhW8C   2   n/a
16pq2mR6d5hmxdzCBjMF9Di3cEjSy6BYGD    1   AlexeyKV
1BhvKqYiew1ofQPg8L2QdN1W713oPScNG7   4   suchmoon
1PzekFkJoSrLMXGJ7V6CSEgyYHc5po36H7   2   lynn_402
1Lq9fbUozDqtmFUAG7fqrmppMFdSdBrXAj   8   lostering 
1Mcwke5wAQ4ow8jm3R7MnumTVhbttgtw4Z   3   nadroj1485
1LPGfJSnqtG9vSKqojVMP2Nah6PvaGquEq   15   Hkbtc
1BvkLSp5fyd2SE2cniXpuMyJuoLLzoNYGN   1   n/a
1y6kjWjx6oGBP7exRnQ6L85D4vUCHBWJB   15   n/a
1DqkjEXnKsaiyW3FAc5px68YTptuXZVMcs   10   mpjetta
1EbHhTEBbhor5gtB4TECgTRcq1u9e1tVt4   2   xanthin
1KNpkyHFShFkhmQnyjzLwNaE8uttobvfuA   1   key00
16yMPEDMV2JsgAh6bAwQN4iBPkGA1c7YTv   10   mullick
1EqZN19eiHWj9MA7q6anRVSApC4R6fevdF   4   suklee
1DpzuBzafKncPMsWUDrxVVJGEf9eow9cG4   1   n/a
1QG58iPBSxssxFr2Q33T1E8UqHdgaYakEP    1   terrabyte

Message me if your name is missing...the blockchain serves as the authoritative record of sales

Live statsView Live Stats

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:14:55 PM

Do you have any info on LA6M - is it just 2x LA3M grouped together?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:33:15 PM

Do you have any info on LA6M - is it just 2x LA3M grouped together?

Here's the technical specs from the Manufacturer
LA6M - 6MHS scrypt+200GHS SHA256.
20XUSB cell, 1X controller,4X 12V industry adapter,20Xmini usb cable,20 12V power cable,1Xusb hub,1Xmini usb cable,1X5V usb adapter
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

Are you gonna run sha with it too or just scrypt?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:17:48 PM

Are you gonna run sha with it too or just scrypt?
Scrypt only, it's not power efficient in sha256 mode.  The performance characteristics in Scrypt mode allow us to make this offering with ZERO hosting fees. 
daemonfox

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:20:27 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/ff1e656c5de23e07b94aa518817a291b7b6f2672d80f9e0d53f8cc6df807affa

2 shares to 1DAemoNXFNQxeDQAeRdEg245WvYsCfdgE9

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
maccd1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:03:31 AM

Do you have parking?
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:02:51 AM

What is your strategy for determining which coins to mine?

Same question here. I'm curious what the angle will be before deciding on jumping in Smiley

And will we be paid out in a certain altcoin or will it all be BTC?
sudoku

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:33:47 AM

Since this is scrypt, with which coin will you make the payout?  I would vote for doge!

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:04:35 AM

Middlecoin would be the easiest, then we could just pay in BTC (and you can always go buy whatever alt-coin you fancy).  We've got the monster rig from Group #4 to do some experimentation until the Gridseed arrive.  I wouldn't be adverse to having one or two of the rigs pointed to Doge. It's open to owner input, we're a small enough group where we can come to a consensus.
daemonfox

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:49:54 PM

Middlecoin would be the easiest, then we could just pay in BTC (and you can always go buy whatever alt-coin you fancy).  We've got the monster rig from Group #4 to do some experimentation until the Gridseed arrive.  I wouldn't be adverse to having one or two of the rigs pointed to Doge. It's open to owner input, we're a small enough group where we can come to a consensus.

Are you using cgminer? I know there are a few others but, CGWatcher has coinchoose API integrated and most of the coins added so that you can use it to define your own switching parameters. You just have to write the bat files to kill and start each coin when the triggers are hit for the swap.

This way, you arent depending on a coin pool to make your decision, you can choose the best pools to mine on for each coin and set auto payouts to the exchange for autosell.

Middlecoin would be the easy way out... a CGWatcher style solution would require a bit more work to monitor and make sure coins are being sold, but maximizes profit.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:33:24 AM

Let me start with one share. If I have more to spend in the weeks to come I'll add more shares probably Wink

579334cbd77f3b0d45385f7a104f2829376e31e461cf01538d2ed7febed3ef84-000
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:13:29 AM

So I'm supposed to get another grey hair grown over pre-order.....

Are those asics already paid for? Did asiabtc already deliver anything to customers?

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:23:54 PM

So I'm supposed to get another grey hair grown over pre-order.....

Are those asics already paid for? Did asiabtc already deliver anything to customers?

Of course we paid for it all up front.  They have been shipping these in China since November, they are just now hitting the western market.  Asiabtc has been delivering, check out a review https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314.msg111293#msg111293 and check his sales thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421921.  They may ship out as early as Monday of next week, and asiabtc just posted a screenshot of the modules running at 550kh/s each.  If our's are all able to do that we would be looking at 99Mh/s for this Group Buy....pretty awesome right?
dunchy

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:44:41 PM

Thanks for the links. I can't seem to find any place on the net where you can order them? How did you place the order?
dunchy

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:58:10 PM

Sent amount for 5 shares from:

https://blockchain.info/address/124WvbC1CND9R9eUdnyXHZeMoFT1HK5KeF

Please watch out, something went wrong with blockchain wallet browser plugin. I wanted to make 1 transaction, but it sent 2 transactions and I didn't have enough coins on that address for both. I am not sure if only second transaction is going to be invalid or both.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Thanks for the links. I can't seem to find any place on the net where you can order them? How did you place the order?

We ordered direct from asiabtc.  They haven't setup the retail channels yet. You can also get them through Taobao or Aliexpress.
dunchy

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:51:05 PM

OK I see the first transaction went through as expected:

https://blockchain.info/tx/b62deafb2a48e013e3731b1fe1ed1c348b7cd98d1975806fa88873e97e2e0f33

Sorry, something went wrong with either shitty plugin or I was too easy on a trigger and double clicked somewhere I shouldn't have...

Anyway, I'm interested in 5 more but I already burnt myself a bit in  asics arms race... It looks like this is the right moment for scrypt and I believe you did the due diligence right, but do you have any estimates on:

number of already delivered devices / gridseed chips ?

number of orders in near future (say next month or two) ?

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 03:08:18 AM

Are you using cgminer? I know there are a few others but, CGWatcher has coinchoose API integrated and most of the coins added so that you can use it to define your own switching parameters. You just have to write the bat files to kill and start each coin when the triggers are hit for the swap.

This way, you arent depending on a coin pool to make your decision, you can choose the best pools to mine on for each coin and set auto payouts to the exchange for autosell.

Middlecoin would be the easy way out... a CGWatcher style solution would require a bit more work to monitor and make sure coins are being sold, but maximizes profit.

It needs to be simple, the miners have their own control unit that works with a cloud interface, what about http://clevermining.com/?  Right now the Group #4 rig is on middlecoin, does anyone have historical data to compare return from the various auto-switch pools?
daemonfox

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:34:59 AM

With these possibly being much higher hash than originally advertised... are we expecting to see 1/160th total hashrate per share or still locked at 300KH/s?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦