Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #5 - QTY 8 Gridseed LA6M 48Mhash Scrypt [0/160]  (Read 22356 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:39:17 AM

We're thinking the smart move is to ebay as many of these as we can right now and switch the group to one of the A2 60Mhash miners.  If we can sell them quickly enough we should be able to net enough funds for the upgrade.  What sayeth the group?

Yes.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:44:55 AM

We're thinking the smart move is to ebay as many of these as we can right now and switch the group to one of the A2 60Mhash miners.  If we can sell them quickly enough we should be able to net enough funds for the upgrade.  What sayeth the group?

We have 200 of them, right? Should be enough for more than 60 MH/s, e.g. something like this:

http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/88-000khs-95-000khs-a2-scrypt-asic-stock-in-hand
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:55:36 AM

GAW is hocking the individuals for $80.

We still have 160 correct? Best case scenario... you can get them all sold for about $11K and we can all benefit from a 50%+ increase in hashrate.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:17:07 AM

Don't forget to take into account Ebay fees, Paypal fees, taxes, etc.
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:37:54 PM

We have 200 of them, right? Should be enough for more than 60 MH/s, e.g. something like this:

http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/88-000khs-95-000khs-a2-scrypt-asic-stock-in-hand

This is exactly what I was contemplating with my own mining operation before i realized I had no money left for such a purchase.

Don't know if you want to work with Jack again, but he is selling 75M for $8500 USD, and 90M for prob just a bit more - May 15 ship, I believe.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421921.0

Also, guy out of Holland, username blaater, selling 60M right now for $9150 USD

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585169.msg6505894#msg6505894

You can probably find a lot of buyers for the pods (including me!) at 60 USD, which would would prob net enough to
get you a 90M, if you went that route.

Any, I'm all for the purchase. I say start selling now, and then by the 15th you should have enough capital to make the order and have it shipped out.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:42:45 PM

Yes.

+1
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:20:52 PM

Ok we have an auction going up today. Hopefully we can raise enough for a nice upgrade before the prices plummet.  I'm giving first dibs to current owners, $900 shipped for a complete set up 10 with power supply, hub, cables, and controller.  Send me a PM if you are interested.

pimd

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:23:47 PM

any news about selling?
dyland

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:46:15 PM

there are definitely buyers out there for 900 full kit.

Name your price Ninja and I'll see what I can do to help.

We really need to leverage these units in the next week or two; if you price these to sell at $800.00 for full 10 pack kit, we can get a 90M plus a 30M for 120M and keep this GB going.

If everything goes well, we should ROI in two months, before Titan hits the market, and if things go really well, Titan may not hit until September, and we have two months profit taking.

I would then say Flower Techs Scrypt-N Asics will be out and we should jump onto that.

Alternatively, we can all say our goodbyes and pocket $80.00 per share on the total sale price.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dyland

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:42:52 PM

It looks like you have managed to sell quite a few from what I can see--that's great!

were you able to get the $900.00 price for all 9 that you have sold?

If so, I know of 75M rigs shipping now for $8000.00--let's get back on this train!

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:08:23 AM

And for the ones that are left, have you tried switching to rpi's with Minera? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.new;topicseen#new)

They autotune the gridseeds to the most effective freq.

As long as there are still gridseeds running ofcourse Wink
pimd

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:34:31 AM

I'm no shure about the Grids being sold. The assumption is based on the stats-page i presume but a week ago most of the miners were also down. A few days later they suddenly came back up again. Coinninja is keeping quiet while he was always quick to communicate. I hope he is not running away.
dyland

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:58:55 PM

And for the ones that are left, have you tried switching to rpi's with Minera? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.new;topicseen#new)

They autotune the gridseeds to the most effective freq.

As long as there are still gridseeds running ofcourse Wink

Yeah, we also should have had volt mods done on all these guys too--would have amounted to an average of at least 20 Mh/s over 160 units extra.

If these are not sold, I could have someone turn this around in 2 days for $10/unit.

$1600 for an extra 20 Mh/s. Not bad if you ask me....

Anyway, get back to us Ninj.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

We've sold a couple of invidual units so far; no luck in selling the 10 packs.  We've been slammed with a move, and equipment failures.  Looks like a breaker is thrown at the Gridseed warehouse space, I'll head there after work and get them all back up and running.

Our seeds have been defanned and are running on the latest v3 Lightning Asic controller that is very stable and supports automatic individual overclocking.  We're also looking at the voltage mod; its a ton of work (we would do it, shipping time would be too costly).
dyland

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:29:48 PM

We've sold a couple of invidual units so far; no luck in selling the 10 packs.  We've been slammed with a move, and equipment failures.  Looks like a breaker is thrown at the Gridseed warehouse space, I'll head there after work and get them all back up and running.

Our seeds have been defanned and are running on the latest v3 Lightning Asic controller that is very stable and supports automatic individual overclocking.  We're also looking at the voltage mod; its a ton of work (we would do it, shipping time would be too costly).

A ha.

I know you are a busy man, but I say sell, sell. And once you get the hang of it and if you have the right gear, the voltage mod takes about 5 minutes per device with two people assembly line style. I'd make mods on all units, and you can get rid of modded units for $80-100 per unit. Non-modded to sell them fast it's now like $65-80 per unit.

Name your price for full kits and and/or single units. I can have my friend who runs a fairly popular web store here in Canada advertise on your behalf (for small finder's fee) and/or if the price is right he can buy wholesale from you.

If we can get rid of these units now, we can keep jumping through the technology and surrounding circumstances should change enough that we find profitability.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:20:15 PM

Send your offers for these to me via PM, we are still trying to sell them here, on ebay, and on craigslist.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

Any update on the quantity of gridseeds sold and on what we'll upgrade to?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:01:29 PM

We've sold 14 so far; there's not a ton of market demand and ebay is VERY competitive. We're working a deal for 30 more right now.  Ideally the move is to increase our overall hashrate, so we would be looking to upgrade to A2 terminator based devices.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:04:53 AM

We've sold 14 so far; there's not a ton of market demand and ebay is VERY competitive. We're working a deal for 30 more right now.  Ideally the move is to increase our overall hashrate, so we would be looking to upgrade to A2 terminator based devices.

Have you tried Amazon? I sold a bunch of Gridseeds there for between $90-100 most recently. Mine were unmodified with fans though.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:35:26 PM

24 Gridseeds sold total.  We hope to be able to upgrade to a 60MH A2 based miner in the near future. 

The grids are temporarily down as they are being relocated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: