Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #5 - QTY 8 Gridseed LA6M 48Mhash Scrypt [0/160]  (Read 22356 times)
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:40:12 AM

Update for any newbs wanting to join us:

Given that we don't currently have any open pubilic group buys, I am making the following offer for anyone looking to join our mining cooperative.
You get 1 share of Group #2(or #3, they are in essence the same) and 1 share of Group #5 for the low price of .75BTC.
With these shares there's just one low monthly payment $14.99 you get 18+GH sha256 and 300khash scrypt.
Please send payment to 1NiNJAGi1k51pfxKsQQQisf3MMwsPU5yCc and post in the thread to buy. This offer is EXTREMELY limited.

^this only only for newbs?

The offer is open for anyone.  We've been holding off on the big GPU group buy as we are watching what NVidia is doing very carefully.

OK, I see. Thank you.

And just to clarify: do I have to buy multiple of ten shares in GB#5? e.g. if i buy another two shares through trade in GB#1, can I buy only two more here in GB#5?

Multiple of 10 is for previous group buys to allow you to take possession of the hardware.  This Group Buy requires you to own 1 share for each share you buy.  So if you own 2 shares of Groups #1-#4 you could buy 2 here (because of the free hosting).  No minimum buy (whole shares only).

The rest of the hardware cleared customs today, I expect to get it early next week and we will pull out all the stops to get it up and running.  Hopefully we can resolve our stability issues this weekend.  The current batch is being moved from the staging area to the cage and we are developing a monitoring system to reboot dead miners automatically. Also a new firmware release is imminent.  And we are going to try to get our own pool up and running ASAP, with the kind of hashrate we have we can pull significantly more income using our own pool.

Sorry for all the questions...if I grab another another two bringing my total to 10 overall, do I still get to take possession of antminer? or do all ten have to be in the same GB?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
sf2

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:08:08 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:47:28 PM by sf2

Smiley
tntdgcr

Activity: 219

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

We should probably power mine AUR for 24 days Smiley

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
lostering

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:14:21 PM

We still havent got paid out for this GB this week right? I just want to make sure
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:55:42 PM

We still havent got paid out for this GB this week right? I just want to make sure

We haven't paid out on this one, it doesn't have all it's hardware yet and we are still trying to get it deployed.  One of the gridseed miners mangled my finger yesterday, lots of drama with the install. We are continuing the install today, and more miners are expected to arrive tomorrow.  These things are a royal pain in the ass to setup in a constrained space;  I would rather work with GPUs. Watch out for those fans...ouch.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:23:56 PM

Plus there's (according to the statspage) only 1.65 BTC to distribute. No problem rolling that over into the next week Smiley
lostering

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:18:55 PM

We haven't paid out on this one, it doesn't have all it's hardware yet and we are still trying to get it deployed.  One of the gridseed miners mangled my finger yesterday, lots of drama with the install. We are continuing the install today, and more miners are expected to arrive tomorrow.  These things are a royal pain in the ass to setup in a constrained space;  I would rather work with GPUs. Watch out for those fans...ouch.

Sorry to hear that, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into installing these.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 12:39:53 AM

We are now solo mining doge in our own private pool. Give me a few days to work on getting the rest of the pool software setup so I can publish an API back to the coinninja.com website. Our pool is totally DDOS proof (it's behind our firewall).  It's nerve racking waiting to hit our first block.
dyland

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:56:02 AM

Sorry to hear that, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into installing these.

+1

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
daemonfox

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:52:53 AM

We are now solo mining doge in our own private pool. Give me a few days to work on getting the rest of the pool software setup so I can publish an API back to the coinninja.com website. Our pool is totally DDOS proof (it's behind our firewall).  It's nerve racking waiting to hit our first block.

Please open this up to your owners so we can help... I have my own gridseed now as well as my GPU and I would happily mine at our DOGE pool.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
dyland

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:30:26 AM

Please open this up to your owners so we can help... I have my own gridseed now as well as my GPU and I would happily mine at our DOGE pool.

+1

Was able to source a pretty cheap LA3M.... Will arrive in a week or so.

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:16:02 AM

Same here, I have 40 of those badboys in order and unless there is a fireware update that fixes the problem that they can't handle high difficulty I'm looking for a nice pool to run with. Doing it on our GB pool will help the group and help me getting better results!
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:53:46 PM

I registered a domain for the pool, so we are totally intending to open it up.  http://www.coindesk.com/coin-miners-dogged-mining-pool-security-flaws/ this kind of stuff makes me a little nervous though; we need to take some time to ensure we can properly lock everything down.
daemonfox

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:45:02 AM

I registered a domain for the pool, so we are totally intending to open it up.  http://www.coindesk.com/coin-miners-dogged-mining-pool-security-flaws/ this kind of stuff makes me a little nervous though; we need to take some time to ensure we can properly lock everything down.

If you would be open to it, I can point a few people your way that can help in this matter... even if it is just answers. I know a few pool operators that already have a ton of experience going through these types of fortifications.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
dyland

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:00:43 AM

Hey Ninja,

This might help the cause:

Quote from: miaviator on Today at 12:56:09 AM
Quote from: maardein on Today at 12:44:37 AM
Quote from: miaviator on March 03, 2014, 11:29:09 PM
Quote from: darkfriend77 on March 03, 2014, 11:09:04 PM
Quote from: miner765 on March 03, 2014, 11:04:29 PM
Do you really need the fans if you are going LTC ONLY mode?

nope check out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482352.msg5491441#msg5491441

I also just got a picture of 20 gridseeds running in a 2U case with no fans! (on the gridseeds) the standard chassis fans did all the work.

Waiting on permission and I'll repost.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. If you would put them on their side, so the airflow can get through the fins easily, you could probably put 4 rows of 15 miners each or so in a 2U case with some high speed fans  Grin

No need to put them on their side if you run in scrypt mode:

Quote from: miaviator on Today at 12:13:32 AM

2U rackmount chassis on sale at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219022

High Def Photo: https://i.imgur.com/ShUX1sD.jpg

bobby35ny is running 10 gridseeds with the fans removed in these cases as pictured.  *this case won't fit a standard atx PSU.

I run my 10 in a rosewill 4U.

I thought about putting them on their side, just so you can fit more units in one case Smiley But maybe you need a 3U case for that.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 05:52:49 AM

I gave up on trying to stuff them in the cab (was doing 30 per 2U space).  We now have them on top of our cabs, it looks totally awesome.  I'll try to get a photo once we deploy the remaining 40.  Cases would add too much additional cost.  We already had to buy remote power strips to try to manage the resets.

I'd love to hear lessons learned from running a pool.  I've run some websites before so I know the basics and we have CDN bandwidth for any static content.

I'm thinking the front end, stratum, and database/coind all need to be on separate servers.  We can load balance the front end if we get huge, and add additional stratums to improve user performance.  It's really tempting to throw the machine on the DMZ and just roll with it, but it's probably best to be cautious.

We mined our first block, a bit of a crappy one with only 8661 doge; but at least we know the pool is working!  http://dogechain.info/block/467645b8e15aad97418890956111aaa9701323deb7ee81ea09dd43bb8d7d69ce
dyland

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

We mined our first block, a bit of a crappy one with only 8661 doge; but at least we know the pool is working!  http://dogechain.info/block/467645b8e15aad97418890956111aaa9701323deb7ee81ea09dd43bb8d7d69ce

Yay! A win is a win.

sicHiRsch

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:01:51 PM

As discussed via PM, here the rest (2.3 BTC) for my 5 reserved shares.

txid: https://blockchain.info/tx/73b2c82ebe3e69da1b232476b1ababe3734d28d07d9b7b472494f63bf2126c57

Dividends for all of my 7 total shares to this address please: 16HTJx4cWsEP2GeLHhEWrTVSaFnmXwVmXT

thank you ;-)
daemonfox

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:21:16 AM

so quick question... you on the modded cpuminer with the power fix that makes these ~8W per unit on scrypt?

Also, I figure you are on Linux so... here ya go...

https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355

nice cgminer 3.7.2 with gridseed support and full stats minus temps (guess there is not a sensor?) and has the same power fix so ~8W per unit.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:15:15 AM

We are using the lightning asic tp-link controllers and a remote power switch to power cycle when the USB bus hangs.  Does a PC platform give you much of an advantage performance wise or stability wise?  It looks like the tuning options are better, but how is the stability?  The tp-link boots up pretty quick, I'd hate to have to keep cold-starting a server/pc to recover the USB bus. I guess we could probably root and install this on our TP links without too much difficulty. 

We're going to have to put in a couple of servers to do the pool right.  The front end and stratums will be on 2 different VM's on one server in the DMZ, and the database and coindaemons will be on the other on our LAN.

so quick question... you on the modded cpuminer with the power fix that makes these ~8W per unit on scrypt?

Also, I figure you are on Linux so... here ya go...

https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355

nice cgminer 3.7.2 with gridseed support and full stats minus temps (guess there is not a sensor?) and has the same power fix so ~8W per unit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: