Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin?  (Read 5183 times)
ehiozuwa

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:47:07 PM

Yes, every token is in a way tied to bitcoin. When btc rises ETH also rises almost in same range by percentage
Swanh

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:50:57 PM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
The price of etherium depends on the changes of the price in bitcoin,that is what i've observed until these times that i am here,seeing the market capitalization once bitcoin lowers its value so as etherium.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:53:40 PM

do not think so ,, bitcoin and eth are the two different coins ,, and maybe both have different price levels ,, as we know that more and more users will get higher the price of both coins ,, and I think up and price drops are completely unrelated
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:13:47 PM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

There is some correlation between the price of Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Many times when the price of Bitcoin rises or falls, altcoins get pulled with it. However, that’s not always the case though because sometimes a coin will have some specific news about it that makes it move up or down independently. I thibk Etherium is one of those coins that does separate itself often times.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:20:36 PM

Bitcoin is the lead market of the crypto market and each altcoin is just underneath of it.

You can also take notice that whenever bitcoin starts to move up, the rest of the alts are also going up. Ethereum isn't an independent coin although there are too many uses like smart contracts and too many ERC20 tokens are there still its still depending to bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:00:31 AM

There seems to be no dependency, but it may be affected. And it does not happen only on Ethereum, all top20 coins seem to have almost the same graph. This might be a good thing, at least if the market starts back, we would not be too difficult to choose altcoin.
bojosari

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:18:40 AM

at this time the price of ethereum and bitcoin is down, if anyone says the current price of bitcoin and eth rises it is a lie, you can see the price of the coin on exchange

══════════════☛Ignite Blockchain☚═════════════
Fast & Secure Solution for DeFi
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:36:35 AM

I think it does not depend on bitcoin because Ethereum has a good growth while Bitcoin itself also has a good popularity because this coin is also much in the interest by people and many who invest in this coin because this coin is also a lot of people who know so I think Ethereum not dependent on Bitcoin
freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:42:24 AM

Actually, that's right. Bitcoin's been the first cryptocurrency in the world where it has been around for quite some time now compared to Ethereum. Because of that, Bitcoin has been the price base of all the altcoin in the world. If the price of Bitcoin moves in terms of Dollars, all the price of altcoins will also move in terms of dollars. But there's this thing where altcoins's price are base on satoshi where even if the price of Bitcoin moves, the price of altcoin in satoshi won't, unless something happened to that coin. So yeah, Ethereum as an altcoin is still dependent on Bitcoin.
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

I think the current ETH price is relatively independent.
Because all other altcoin prices fluctuate with the price of bitcoin, the ETH may have independent price changes.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kiatitami

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:52:03 AM

Yes, I think the BTC is the king of the cryptographic market, they will reduce the altcoin altogether and with ETH, I think they will grow again in the future.
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:56:33 AM

We do not know whether the pattern is formed because we believe, or there is an interconnected pattern and we begin to believe it.
But it seems like throughout the year, we always see a similar pattern in both. But I think if there is going to be a big rise, Ethereum will get a lot more.
GsxR150

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:08:04 AM

It seems there is a price correlation between Bitcoin and Ethereum right now, even almost all of the famous coin.
And I think this pattern will last at least until the end of this year.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:20:21 AM

in general condition, all the coin’s are depend on bitcoin price. As we know with the market condition now, ethereum and bitcoin are in the same situation (price down). But the other hands another coin are in Pumping mode like (LATX , etc). so the condition are relative

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:23:50 AM

Yes, I think the BTC is the king of the cryptographic market, they will reduce the altcoin altogether and with ETH, I think they will grow again in the future.

Hello bro , I mean your answer are not correlate with the question. what do you mean reduce all of of the altcoin ? the situation all not always exactly like that .

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
tng811

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:26:19 AM

It is still true even if Etherium is a bitcoin contender. Bitcoin actually acts as a market leader and when it fails, the whole crypto market fails together and that's why we see they go in the same direction.

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:31:04 AM

Without gathering more resources then I think you realize it yourself and maybe if you have long been in the crypto world so many examples for it, of course with many provisions that the exchange itself for Bitcoin, I think it will at least have an effect, all prices depend on Bitcoin where Bitcoin is the most desired coin and king of all coins, worried about the decline of Bitcoin will be anxiety for all investors of any kind in this world, not only Ethereum but all will be in influence.
siap86

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:33:49 AM

Unconsciously, today we always find the same pattern in crypto price fluctuations, especially in the first layer.
Probably not directly, but I think this kind of indication will become a trend in the future, and form an opinion that Altcoin's price will depend on Bitcoin.
Luigieee

Activity: 148
Merit: 4

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:34:24 AM

I think it was,this is my only observation about ethereum price,but now im still wondering why many other token was depending only in the price of bitcoin,so what if if bitcoin price was still in the dip so the market of crypto was still red too?

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:42:13 AM

The trend had been like that since ethereum was launched except by January 2018 that the price rose to 1500. I can't explain how it rose so high against bitcoin but at this price people predicted a fall to 300 and it had gone as low as 375 but not at the same fall rate with bitcoin. The trade volume had always been high and ICO had always requested for it more than bitcoin. I am still struggling to understand why it found itself so bitcoin dependent.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: