Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:46:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin?  (Read 5183 times)
DavidSurf

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

Simple answer. Yes. ALL cryptocurrency is tied to both fiat and BTC. Some hope that Ethereum or other will overtake BTC because of its issues, but for now, thats the current state.
JunMel

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:19:13 AM

I think the whole market is running with the bitcoin position if the bit coin is down market is down and if it is up market is up so i think ethereum price depends on bitcoin 90% .

Yes I agree since bitcoin is the mother of all coins its affect all when bitcoin go up some alternative coin goes up too so does ethereum. But mayba in the future some of this coin will establish their own platform and can be independent from bitcoin. For now I think bitcoin controls the crypto  market.
Suharjo

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:20:30 AM

yes it is true if bitcoin prices greatly affect the price ethereum. because bitcoin is already considered by the crypto community as a cryptocurrency icon, so when the BTC price falls, others will follow it. no wonder people panic when bitcoin prices continue to decline lately.
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:41:12 AM

That's really true. Look at what happens to the Ethereum when the price of Bitcoin falls now. Bitcoin leads almost all the altcoins and Ethereum is among the altcoins that are affected by Bitcoin.
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:00:14 AM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
All I know is that Ethereum is not dependent on Bitcoin because what I see that is dependent on Bitcoin is Altcoin because altcoin always follows the bitcoin movement hence Ethereum is not dependent on Bitcoin, let alone what I know Bitcoin and Ethereum are against each other

[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:27:02 AM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
Yes, price of Ethereum and other altcoins depends on Bitcoin. Even if there are already a fiat pair with other altcoins, Bitcoin is their standard basis for their price. If you notice, Bitcoin rise and fall affects altcoin value as well.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:28:54 AM

Nearly every alt have price dependency on BTC price, this is because of the fact that most of the people still trade ALTs on there satoshi value and not the FIAT value.
So if satoshi value goes high in terms of FIAT, the ETH and other ALTs price reacts directly proportionate to it.
BanishedDemon

Activity: 49
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:31:18 AM

Bitcoin’s marketplace cap is large. when bitcoin is going up, cryptocurrency index is going up and vice versa. Bitcoin is the de facto digital currency. The reason noted inside the other answer is likewise actual that FIAT-ETH conversion is not supplied by means of all exchanges, often instances you have to spend BTC to change ETH. again, the cause is the big quantity of alternate for bitcoin. while ETH will be a actual project to BTC in phrases of trade, in all likelihood we won’t have this problem anymore.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:33:26 AM

Thats not completely true. They get things mixed up all the time! This is not about the BTC itself, but its about the fall of whole market that we see many times. I mean with the fall of whole market cap, every other crypto currency including BTC goes down in the similar fashion and even their generated graphs looks like same to everyone. But that doesn't mean they are following the BTC but they are following the whole market itself.  Wink
So thats a wrong mindset and must be removed from everyone mind to prevent FUD's from happening.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
WuGong

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:35:49 AM

Yes, all coins in the cryptocurrency market are dependent on Bitcoin. Only Bitcoin is the core. Although Ethereum is relatively independent this year, it is actually inseparable from the effects of Bitcoin.
CHE}|{OK

Activity: 195

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:37:32 AM

It seems to me that they are not very connected with each other, but still when bitcoin falls and then falls the entire currency including the ether. But the air should be kept in the long term as it is a very good asset

Nell Theres

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

as far as I know, I think the price of ETH is related to BTC. because when BTC drops sharply,
then ETH has lag, but ETH price also will drop sharply. so it all depends on the first coin ie BTC

capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:46:18 PM

I think that they have some kind of depending on each other, but it is not that Direct depending, so if one of them would be ended shut down or destroyed I think the other one have all the abilities needed to survive that.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Tim Murray

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

All coins are dependent on Bitcoin. This is due to the fact that Bitcoin's dominance takes at least 30-40%.                                                      
bledex17

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

For now it seems so, but not only Ether, even almost all altcoin top50-100 have the same trend. Of course this is not a good thing, and making crypto a bit unattractive. But I'm pretty sure the percentages will be different from each other, especially during the upward trend.
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:55:05 AM

I think yes. The value of ETH depends on the value of bitcoin. Two virtual currencies are always changing together. As we look at the value of bitcoin being reduced we see that the value of ETH also decreases and vice versa.

Tilisil

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:02:55 AM

All coins depend on the bitcoin on the market,if bitcoin price falls,price falls all the coins and Ethereum among the coins influenced by bitcoin.
Brivwe

Activity: 182
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:29:42 PM

I think that Ethereum price is not dependent on Ethereum even I know and I've heard if Ethereum price go up bitcoin price will decrease and vice versa if Bitcoin price rise Ethereum price will decrease and as it is now when Bitcoin price will return to its peak Ethereum  price experienced a decline

I do not think because I know now that the price of Ethereum is declining and while the price of Bitcoin will soon go up then I am not sure if the price of Ethereum depends on bitcoin moreover I know the price of ETH and Bitcoin are opposite each other and thus I am sure the price of ETH is not depended on BTC

bkbbtr

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:36:13 PM

Yes, Ethereum relies on Bitcoin from the start. Ethereum is the most valuable coin in all Bitcoin, but it may grow even higher this year.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:05:45 PM

Yes, Ethereum relies on Bitcoin from the start. Ethereum is the most valuable coin in all Bitcoin, but it may grow even higher this year.
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth
The only Vitalik and foundation do - reinvest money to Bitcoin,
Vitalik cannot use fiat for keep this criminal money.
The only "investors" have - passwords of fake money and 150000 lines of opensource code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ponzi
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/ponzischeme.asp
Vitalik (and ETH foundation) don't have money to buy back from all scammed people. So sell now, while you still can.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: