Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:08:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin?  (Read 5183 times)
meejay

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 07:33:53 PM

Hi there,

Mostly yes. Prices of all the altcoins are dependant on Bitcoin especially during Bear market times. This might not apply during bull market. But Ethereum has different problems such as scaling but, frankly it seems that it will be the choice of platform start-up for quite some time.

Kind regards,

Dinsdendo

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

if you look at the market, we will see that Ethereum really depends on the price of bitcoin.
earn20

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:01:54 PM

All cryptocurrencies are linked. And to some extent the price depends on each other.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:03:04 PM

The price of etheruem is dependent on bitcoin price because bitcoin is the king of all coins
It also determines the price of other coins including etheruem.
AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

Well to some eXstent it seem like it is, because when the BTC prices go down, the ETH PRICES MOST O THE TIMES GO DOWN WITH It, Though we do know that the coins are two independent coins and basically depend on each other for nothing, one interesting thing however is that sometimes the value of BTC get back up but ETH doesn't follow immediately, making a case that ETH prices isn't entirely dependent on BTC

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
makawa

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:47:17 AM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

What I believe now is that the mindset can influence prices. Maybe each percentage will be different, but I think it's not just Ethereum, but almost all famous altcoins will have the same reference, the Bitcoin situation.
bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 02:50:07 AM

Hmm i really don't want to say this but it seems it is true. the price of ethereum really depends on bitcoin since bitcoin shows dominance over almost all the altcoins. The dominance of bitcoin currently is around 49.2%.

Tosterg

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:55:17 AM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptography, where the first curve appears in cryptography. In crypto, bitcoin has tremendous powers in developing the travel of another altcoin. Thus, bitcoin reduces or increases the bitcoins, it will also affect the entire Alcon, which will follow the course of instruction or bitcoins
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:20:02 AM

such reference is not entirely correct. many cases do not comply with the foregoing where bitcoin ride however ethereum down and also occurs for all altcoin. may indeed many like-minded it however it is not entirely wrong. If looking for a reference for a true then surely there will be no one could know for sure.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:22:48 AM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

I think there is indeed a direct correlation between Bitcoin and Ethereum, although I'm sure the percentage will always be different. What matters is that right now we are starting to make Bitcoin as a determinant of market trends. I think this is not a good situation, because the market will be easily manipulated or stimulated by large investors.
PutuPartoHarjo

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:28:57 AM

Maybe it will be very easy to judge in general, because the situation is like that. But when Bitcoin is corrected, we see almost all altcoins experiencing the same trend. Maybe this is not a matter of how many altcoins pair with Bitcoin, but our mindset that makes the price of many altcoins correlate with Bitcoin.
Rika eparani

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:32:36 AM

indeed, all coins and ETH do follow the price of bitcoin which is a fact because bitcoin is always in demand by investors who have a lot of money, and indeed this is the reality why we are not surprised by this price and this is the crypto world, we can debate all day, but it is still clear that BTC is in control.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:55:41 AM

I think there is indeed a direct correlation between Bitcoin and Ethereum, although I'm sure the percentage will always be different. What matters is that right now we are starting to make Bitcoin as a determinant of market trends. I think this is not a good situation, because the market will be easily manipulated or stimulated by large investors.
We can't deny the fact that most of those alts project still relied with btc run, as we can see even ETH which is the second well known crypto currency are also falling beside btc, the way the market flows right now are still depends with how supporters of bitcoin will support the crypto market, we will be able to conclude after seeing the bounce back or if the market change directions favors to alts / btc.
chienlm05

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:14:01 AM

I think that there is price independence but they are still influenced by each other. In terms of stability I like Bitcoin more than Altcoin
chienlm05

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

I think the whole market is running with the bitcoin position if the bit coin is down market is down and if it is up market is up so i think ethereum price depends on bitcoin 90% .
90% dependence is too big.. ETH is a very popular platform, if you notice ETH usually goes before Bitcoin on the downside. ETH is powerful enough to be independent of the trend and not rely on the BTC as much as you say
Krezi777

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:21:19 AM

Of course, the etherium depends on bitcoins and not only does the etherium, as well as all other strong ones, depend on this coin. Now the time is not right, the whole decentralized and centralized currency has fallen in price and investing its investments is very problematic.
Comfort1

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:31:26 AM

I can say it is. Bitcoin goes high accompanied by ethereum and the other altcoins. The price of bitcoin is directly proportional to the other alts. I am patiently waiting for ethereum to reach 1K soon  Kiss.
dagelan

Activity: 423

BitbondSTO.com

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:32:37 AM

I don't think so, but because more than half of the market potential is controlled by bitcoin, making all altcoins focused on bitcoin and influenced by the movement of bitcoin.

dedi joni

Activity: 386

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:43:41 AM

I think all altcoin feel the same way. where is bitcoin has the ability to move the market the crypto it makes all altcoin including the ethereum affected with bitcoin.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:08:57 AM

yes the possibility is correct or I think yes. Because I see it that way, when bitcoin goes up ethereum also rises and when bitcoin goes down ethereum also goes down
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: