Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin?  (Read 5183 times)
handini

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

For a lot of people bitcoin is an embodiment of cryptocurrency so whenever btc price changes it pulls almost everything else after it. I believe with time bitcoin's share of the market will get a bit smaller which will give alts a bit more independence.
in my opinion, it could be said that maybe the highest value currency could be a guide and the possibility could happen without anyone predicting in the future what it would be like to use the possibility to get a profit with any coin
in my opinion, bitcoin also affects ethereum prices, and not only ethereum is still disrupted if the price of bitcoin falls. so the price of the ethreum will also be damaged.
Isay_Gonzales

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

I believe that all coins depend on Bitcoin. And especially ethereum, because it is the second after Bitcoin and seeks to be like it. I am sure that when Bitcoin grows, all the coins will be pulled.
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
That seems to be true because if you compare the charts of btc and alts you'll see that they are mostly identical.
The only exception is the latest drop of Eth price from $700 to $220, which is related to the fact that many ICOs decided to cash out and sold large volumes of Eth.

tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:38:48 PM

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin is like an embodiment of all other coins in market, once their is a price drop in bitcoin then all coins will also drop in price and if the price of bitcoin rises then all others coins will follow suit. Therefore ethereum is not an exemption in this case.
afroman1131

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:43:40 PM

All together, I would say it is true, but on the other hand, we have seen what happened in the last months, Bitcoin price was stagnating, while Ethereum lost a lof of it's value.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Teal Deer

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

I don't think it's true, as the times already noted the reverse trend. That is, when BTC grew, and ETH, on the contrary, fell in price. Why did this happen I do not know and can not give you an exact explanation. But still one thing is clear that the price of the coins does not depend on each other.
Rkss4

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:56:44 PM

Yes I think the price of Ethereum depends upon the price of bitcoin... Because all altcoins directly or indirectly depends on bitcoin. If bitcoin price will fall down then Ethereum, altcoins also falls down.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
Gab20

Merit: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:15:53 PM

That the rise or fall of bitcoins sometimes affect the price of ethereum, does not mean that the price of ethereum is totally dependent on the the price of bitcoin.
Many times, u have noticed bitcoin rise with a reversal on the price of eth. The opposite also happens sometimes.
Whoever has been in the crypto space for quite some times now, would know that, so that he/she does not make a wrong decision by it.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:30:01 PM

Not a vice versa Bitcoin can make altcoins rise but ETH can't make BTC rise. But Ethereum can do affect the price of other Altcoin specially ICO tokens just like how BTC pull ETH. This is what really happening right now while BTC drop to it's highest price most alts drop too -80% of its peak and still falling specially those new ICO that been new to exchange.

Dmitry_K

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:44:24 PM

I think that all major currencies go in one direction. They are all related to each other.
if we talk about investments, then it seems to me better to have both bitcoin and ETH in your investment portfolio.
veter2601

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

The prices of crypto coins depends on many factors . Matters team of this coin , the news around this coin , how promising its future. Such as the eth blockchain , which have adopted many projects ico . But by and large the trend in cryptocurrency market sets btc and other coins go after him.
dagelan

Activity: 423

BitbondSTO.com

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:14:35 PM

I think they have their own fundamentals and different products, I see that ethereum prices have been 0.1 per btc and now only around 0.03 per btc, indeed the price is down, and it is affected by the unstable price movement of btc

Leard

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:18:42 PM

ethereum, like any altcoin, is tied to bitcoin pulses. if bitcoin falls - everything falls, including ethereum, and with a sharp rise in bitcoin, all coins fall in most cases

VIDY 👅 (https://www.vidy.com)
Video Layer for Ads ▶
https://www.vidy.com (https://www.vidy.com)
Irina_ortman

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:19:25 PM

Personally, I think Bitcoin has a big effect on altcoin prices. This is quite logical, and I am not surprised Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Simu111

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:21:29 PM

Anyways, it isn't always clean whether this is so in fact. in the end, all coins besides BTC do not lend themselves to any Analytics at all. that's why we should await this issue to be settled and we will additionally be able to always reveal the boom or fall of the coin, for the right time.
white_star

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:33:59 PM

Anyways, it isn't always clean whether this is so in fact. in the end, all coins besides BTC do not lend themselves to any Analytics at all. that's why we should await this issue to be settled and we will additionally be able to always reveal the boom or fall of the coin, for the right time.
In some point, I think all coins depended on market of bitcoin because this is one who leads in terms of high prices .But in the speculation of others it seems that they are different which not depended or lend because all coins is in race towards the future as a replacement for fiat. Everything has a good potential and different platform.

AFROCHAIN - The First Decentralized Blockchain for Africa
Revolusi Ecosystem For Seamless Crypto and Investments
childish

Activity: 619

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:35:20 AM

In some point, I think all coins depended on market of bitcoin because this is one who leads in terms of high prices .But in the speculation of others it seems that they are different which not depended or lend because all coins is in race towards the future as a replacement for fiat. Everything has a good potential and different platform.
increase in price that occurs at the Ethereum does not depend on the development of present on other coins. Instead it relies on its own development which brings progress on system improvement so expensive again in the future. so it would be nice with the presence of more support.

haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:40:22 AM

With the current situation, the ETH price has been removed from the BTC price. ETH has discounted much compared to BTC. However, in the future it is not possible to know in advance.
shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:59:31 AM

Yes if seen from Ethereum developments, we can see that the Ethereum as has relationships associated with Bitcoin. But we know that the Ethereum will move as many investors invest. But it also affects the growth of Bitcoin, Altcoin. And for the moment the condition down and Bitcoin also decreased. But we still believe that the condition of the coins will soon rise.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
ninokh

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:11:44 AM

I think it's true because I always monitor  up and down eth dependent bitcoin. bitcoin is the leader of altcoins. when bitcoin rises, almost all altcoins also rise. but there are also some coins that are not affected by bitcoin.
bitcoin is the benchmark for altcoin because bitcoin is the first and most popular in cryptocurrency so it is natural that ethereum follows bitcoin.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: