Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunters the cause of token dumping ?  (Read 18963 times)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:16:34 AM

Lets calculate bounty hunters will receive about 1-2% of all circulating tokens. How they can cause such damage to a project with only 1% of tokens? The problem is in passivity of post-ico projects.

CandyIzDelicious

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:33:59 AM

I think bounty hunters cannot be blamed in this case, because they work to get paid, if they already get tokens then they will sell it, and I think the tokens that are distributed to bounty hunters are only 2-5%, so even though they sell it all it doesn't will shake the market.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:37:56 AM

Both of the bounty hunters and the investors can responsible for token price dumping because many nembers of the two groups want quick profit. I'm one of the bounty hunters but I've been holding my tokens even it is already listed in the exchanges because I believe that these tokens has the potentials. Some of these dumpers may regret their decision to sell their tokens when the price go up several weeks later.

Yes, you are right i don't know they keep on saying about the bounty hunters because they are allocating 1 or 2% of total supply but if you compare with the investor's bounty people are holding the coins compared to investors. Even i am holding the coins for more than 1 year some time until the real developments will start.

Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:40:16 AM

Both of the bounty hunters and the investors can responsible for token price dumping because many nembers of the two groups want quick profit. I'm one of the bounty hunters but I've been holding my tokens even it is already listed in the exchanges because I believe that these tokens has the potentials. Some of these dumpers may regret their decision to sell their tokens when the price go up several weeks later.
Investors would definitely not sell their tokens if it's below ICO price, but bounty hunters can because they don't invest anything to own a token.
They are somewhat the reason but the blame should not be on them, it should be on the team as they are the one managing the project, if they list it on liquid exchange, it would not dump.

TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:17:28 AM

Investors would definitely not sell their tokens if it's below ICO price, but bounty hunters can because they don't invest anything to own a token.
They are somewhat the reason but the blame should not be on them, it should be on the team as they are the one managing the project, if they list it on liquid exchange, it would not dump.
There are 2 kind of investors, who hold until higher than ICO price and there are some people who get cheaper price when join presale of an ICO. I think that second type usually short term investor that will sell their assets immediately and change to other project.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:33:11 AM

Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.  I don't think bounty hunters are to blame because a lot of bounty hunters hold their coins for years.

One thing to consider is volumes. Often they are very thin with newly listed coins coming out of an ICO. If a coin raises $10 million at $1 a coin, and then starts trading and drops to $0.1 per coin, then this isn't necessarily dumping - if volumes are only $10,000 per day, then what it means is most people are holding, and a tiny minority are dropping the price, and it also means that even though you can pick up the coins for cheap, you can't pick up many without exhausting the order book.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 09:21:47 AM

Token dumping can be caused by anybody. It means that there is not enough demand to sustain the sellers.
Dumpers could be the creators of the coin, the exchanges, the investors, bounty hunters or all of them. You can't blame bounty hunters as they are surely not the only sellers. And some don't sell their coins.
Bounty hunters also have a very limited number of tokens. An average of 4-5% of the tokens.
The project can only blame themselves about not having enough buyers.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:12:27 AM

Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.  I don't think bounty hunters are to blame because a lot of bounty hunters hold their coins for years.

I think this depends on the case, there are indications that bounty hunters can destroy the price of tokens when they are just exchanged, but the most important role is the team and developers how they can get around and have a strategy so that tokens are not destroyed when they are exchanged.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:20:34 AM

Crypto is a free market and there is no law compelling anybody to hold or sell their token.
However the following set of holders should be blame,  the exchange websites because they also dump to bring in some cash.
2, the project developer of course you already understand that.
3, those that purchase token during presale with high discount.
4, bounty hunter these people have the lowest blame because they all share between 1-5% of the token supply.
anggle

Activity: 377
Merit: 1

"AMANPURI●ultimate exchange"

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:33:45 AM

Maybe they shouldn't blame the bounty hunter. We can see that the token allocation for bounty hunters is very small. And you can also check the allocation of the biggest tokens for what part. We cannot avoid price reductions and you must be patient because I am sure if the price will rise again.

┈┈┈┈┈ AMANPURI ❘ ultimate exchange ┈┈┈┈┈
● High Leverage ● Asset Protection ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://amanpuri.io/tokensale ┈┈┈┈┈
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:42:07 AM

Lets calculate bounty hunters will receive about 1-2% of all circulating tokens. How they can cause such damage to a project with only 1% of tokens? The problem is in passivity of post-ico projects.
Indeed, with a very small number of tokens when the project began to distribute to bounty hunters, it was not enough to create major damage to projects, agree that bounty hunters always sell token immediately when it is listed but when compared to the total quantity provided by the project, it is only a small number. Therefore, the reason for dumping token can only be caused by the project and the investors in that project, unprofessional planning and management, combined with greed of investor, that creates dump, don't constantly blame bounty hunters on this issue, take an objective view

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:26:28 AM

Indeed, with a very small number of tokens when the project began to distribute to bounty hunters, it was not enough to create major damage to projects, agree that bounty hunters always sell token immediately when it is listed but when compared to the total quantity provided by the project, it is only a small number. Therefore, the reason for dumping token can only be caused by the project and the investors in that project, unprofessional planning and management, combined with greed of investor, that creates dump, don't constantly blame bounty hunters on this issue, take an objective view

a small amount of total circulating supply, but if the volume is quiet little than the damage caused will be bigger. Actually, it's not right to put only bounty hunters on a blame because project's team and investors are also involved in it. Why don't we blame other people for not buying this token on the market and make the price raised up?  Grin Grin Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:58:04 PM

in my opinion this is indeed a matter that has become a debate about bounty hunters because until now it is still a conflict because they become a loss to the dump that happened
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:05:54 PM

in my opinion this is indeed a matter that has become a debate about bounty hunters because until now it is still a conflict because they become a loss to the dump that happened
Recently, I have only observed such a tendency, when the bounty hunter pays their rewards a few weeks after the wall or something like these rules.  Based on this, it is generally impossible to accuse the participants of the Bounty companies in the dump.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:04:28 PM

Recently, I have only observed such a tendency, when the bounty hunter pays their rewards a few weeks after the wall or something like these rules.  Based on this, it is generally impossible to accuse the participants of the Bounty companies in the dump.
Yes, and I think all parties also understand that, but the problem is why this kind of topic is always discussed over and over again, even though it should not need to blame each other.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 08:34:22 PM

Maybe some of bounty hunters sell their coins, but also there are some who hold the coins for long, but i also think if the % of bounties is small this should not affect the price for long time even if they sell their coins.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 09:42:27 PM

It all depends on the bounty hunters themselves. Many of them are certainly not interested in the development of the project and sell tokens at the first opportunity. But there are those who do more in-depth research.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:24:56 PM

Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.

If you would look closely, most bounty pool ranges from almost less than 1% to 5% of the total supply of the project which means it's just a little portion of the total supply. Unlike pre-sale investors where they get a huge amount of bonus or discount, which most whales or big investors buy. So, I think people should stop blaming bounty hunters for this and lock-up pre-sale investors or huge token holders token if they want to avoid token dump.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:31:11 PM

Most of the percentage are selling their tokens once the token listed to the market and that is really true. Im not saying all but yah they have bounty hunters are hding their tokens for longterm but only few so it means the number 1 cause of falling token price is the bounty hunters and we know all that because we know how bounty hunters do.
arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:57:08 PM

at this time they were one of the people who were blamed when a price dump occurred after the bounty distribution. but the team should have anticipated when things like this would happen to be able to increase traders like contests
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: