Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:21:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread.  (Read 211653 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:38:18 PM

guys i've been away for several months. had some money on coinmarket. what's the latest news? any chance of the site going back up again?

Basically no. No one is doing anything to go after them so nothing is going to happen. As usual - much whining, little action.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:30:39 AM

there is very little law enforcement going on around crypto in general that is why crooks from all walks of life are stealing from newbies on daily basis.
Was Mark Karpeles a poor man living in a poor country? how about Ross Ulbricht, Trendon Shavers or Charlie Shrem?
How did Charlie end up in the list of three, mate?
As far as I am aware, he was accused of money-laundering because he failed to report to FINCEN the high volume of BTC purchased by of one of his clients (who sold it to his own clients on the now-defunct Silk Road).

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1946
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:57:38 AM

So, what happened with this "gem"?

Just stopped on april 1st?
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:06:38 AM

I shouldnt have used these smaller exchanges for trading.
Lessons learnt in a hard way.

Given the number of scams happening here, there is huge potential for some hacking group
to form a SWAT team for finding out these scumbags.
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:30:21 AM

return my 0.5btc
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:58:08 PM

So the latvian bastards ran away with my 0.56 btc and noone raises a finger...
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

who's stopping you from raising your own finger...?
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:38:26 PM

who's stopping you from raising your own finger...?

+1  did you report it to the police or talk to a lawyer yourself?  legally no one else can do that for you, its up to you
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:32:39 PM

I thought Kenneth said he was closing down hosting end of the month, are you planning to maybe keep the exchange alive and kicking after all this is sorted?
Are you processing btc deposits/withdrawals that were made after exchange was stopped end Feb?
Kenneth did not warn us about stopping communications. He just disappeared Sad
Among other things, Kenneth was aware that no security was 100% guaranteed by running this code.
There were some additional delays, but things are moving and we are sure he is monitoring the situation aswell.
As the remaining coins are still on his server, a premature shutdown is not what he should do.

Just remember Kenneth stole coins too as per the bolded part. They were both in on it and it would be much easier to track Kenneth in a 1st world country.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:58:17 AM

fucking scammers.

yolo
oker

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:59:09 AM

So 5000 posts of people screaming about their lost coin and so far the most anyone has done is one guy that emailed coindesk about it hoping they would do an expose. Nothing else has been done, right?

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. <BNWgzRMApfiwjDksTBXRNSB7BDBzRaPcy9>
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:09:01 AM

this site is scam, dont send coins there or u will never see them.

yolo
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:51:54 AM

there is very little law enforcement going on around crypto in general that is why crooks from all walks of life are stealing from newbies on daily basis.
Was Mark Karpeles a poor man living in a poor country? how about Ross Ulbricht, Trendon Shavers or Charlie Shrem?
How did Charlie end up in the list of three, mate?
As far as I am aware, he was accused of money-laundering because he failed to report to FINCEN the high volume of BTC purchased by of one of his clients (who sold it to his own clients on the now-defunct Silk Road).

he didn't just launder money he destroyed bitinstant in the process and burnt all its employees, customers, and investors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitInstant
http://www.coindesk.com/bitinstant-gets-hit-with-a-class-action-lawsuit-by-frustrated-customers/

he didn't just fail to fill in a few forms either.. if you read the actual charges in the money laundering case he was actively complicit in the laundering of drug money from silk road to the point where he even overruled his own business partner (leaving a trail of email evidence) just to get at his precious shiney..

the guy is a greedy little troll who put money before everything else and he deserves what he gets.
just like the guys behind coinmarket.io who ripped me off along with many others.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
jcgarrick

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:41:02 PM

So 5000 posts of people screaming about their lost coin and so far the most anyone has done is one guy that emailed coindesk about it hoping they would do an expose. Nothing else has been done, right?

I agree, sheer madness
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:58:28 PM

TORCHES AND PITCHFORKZZZ!!! BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA  Grin

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:28:31 AM

I will be giving my months notice at my job tuesday. Smiley Will buy my plane ticket to Estonia wednesday and fly out beginning of May. So this gives Kiur a headstart to get out the country or get protection.

Already have organised a place to stay in his town and know his current address.

I will also make a video of the whole process, I don't care about getting caught or dying for a good cause. I want to take out a bad guy to make the world a better place.

I will post my plane ticket next week Smiley

All I ask is someone PM me the whole story from A to B on what has occurred so far and I will carry on from that point.

There is a good chance he might kill me before I kill him and I will make sure to PM his details to everyone on these forums. I am giving it 3 months.

Wish me luck and if he does return the btc I will stop the chase and video will never be made public.

Since no one else is going to say it, I will.

I hope you're only kidding here. I think people are interpreting it as a joke, but I'm not so sure. Maybe an April fools thing, I dunno. Either way, none of this is worth doing what you're suggesting. Hopefully you have some friends or family you can discuss any personal issues you might be going through at the moment. If not, feel free to shoot me a pm. Not sure I can help, but you can get something off your chest if you need to.

As far as this coinmarket thing. I lost money. I'd like to get it back. I'd like to see all of this resolved, but is worth hurting someone else or yourself over? Really? Hopefully you guys aren't determined to make this a violent endeavor.

ST - update?  Like many others who've read this and similar threads, I've also gotten to the point where I actually hope you really weren't kidding.

I've searched through this forum, actively hoping to find some evidence of even a modicum of justice brought against the types of worthless human beings that steal cryptos in organized droves from unsuspecting users.  One of the replies to the OP mentioned it - these thefts ruin people's lives and the perpetrators have zero empathy for what they're doing to their fellow man.

That's why whenever I see people willing to take action I encourage it.  Considering what the mafia does to people who steal their money, as well as the overall lack of coordinated law enforcement effort dedicated to remediating this widespread issue, I cannot understand why there haven't been more reports of baseball bats, brass knuckles, and firearms being used to rectify the situation.
cfrm

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:58:15 AM

I will be giving my months notice at my job tuesday. Smiley Will buy my plane ticket to Estonia wednesday and fly out beginning of May. So this gives Kiur a headstart to get out the country or get protection.

Already have organised a place to stay in his town and know his current address.

I will also make a video of the whole process, I don't care about getting caught or dying for a good cause. I want to take out a bad guy to make the world a better place.

All I ask is someone PM me the whole story from A to B on what has occurred so far and I will carry on from that point.

There is a good chance he might kill me before I kill him and I will make sure to PM his details to everyone on these forums. I am giving it 3 months.

Wish me luck and if he does return the btc I will stop the chase and video will never be made public.

I hope you're only kidding here. I think people are interpreting it as a joke, but I'm not so sure. Maybe an April fools thing, I dunno. Either way, none of this is worth doing what you're suggesting. Hopefully you have some friends or family you can discuss any personal issues you might be going through at the moment. If not, feel free to shoot me a pm. Not sure I can help, but you can get something off your chest if you need to.

As far as this coinmarket thing. I lost money. I'd like to get it back. I'd like to see all of this resolved, but is worth hurting someone else or yourself over? Really? Hopefully you guys aren't determined to make this a violent endeavor.

ST - update?  Like many others who've read this and similar threads, I've also gotten to the point where I actually hope you really weren't kidding.

I've searched through this forum, actively hoping to find some evidence of even a modicum of justice brought against the types of worthless human beings that steal cryptos in organized droves from unsuspecting users.  One of the replies to the OP mentioned it - these thefts ruin people's lives and the perpetrators have zero empathy for what they're doing to their fellow man.

That's why whenever I see people willing to take action I encourage it.  Considering what the mafia does to people who steal their money, as well as the overall lack of coordinated law enforcement effort dedicated to remediating this widespread issue, I cannot understand why there haven't been more reports of baseball bats, brass knuckles, and firearms being used to rectify the situation.

Well he weren't kidding. It was just a useless internet-threat as was posted 100's of times by many different people in this thread. One can only cry/laugh that obviously none of them walked the talk.

People are oh-so-dangerous on the internet, but in real life rarely so. In this case no one had the guts or lost enough money in the theft to pursue the guilty people further, unfortunately.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:12:30 PM

Well he weren't kidding. It was just a useless internet-threat as was posted 100's of times by many different people in this thread. One can only cry/laugh that obviously none of them walked the talk.

People are oh-so-dangerous on the internet, but in real life rarely so. In this case no one had the guts or lost enough money in the theft to pursue the guilty people further, unfortunately.

Yeah to be honest, its just not worth it.  Its pretty sickening that humans can do the kind of things that even prompt these discussions, but nah, I don't think violence is ultimately the answer.  It does seem to be the case that people talk a much bigger, scarier game online (just like in the gaming community).

ST - don't do it man.  You've got more to live for than money...
kulin3422

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:24:29 AM

I want my coin back!!!
alexvillas

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:27:26 AM

I want my coin back!!!

yes me too  Angry

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: