Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unpaid bounty  (Read 2351 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:50:34 AM

When you have followed some bounty then at the end of the bounty they promise to distribute their tokens based on the time they have specified. But in fact, after waiting some time token not sent. What's worse, it turns out bounty that we have followed is a scam.
How do you deal with this while your time has gone to work on bounty to promote their projects.
I haven't been involved into any ICO nor invested nor joined.

In such cases the best thing that you can do to deal with this situation is to move on, move forward and learn from those scams.

You can't recover your losses, your effort and time that was wasted.

When you search for another bounty make sure you have learned from it and use the lesson from that experience.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:52:45 AM

This is a horrible situation and I know you feel bad, but this is the risk associated with this cryptocurrency market. The extreme volatility and the plethora of scammers and hackers have scared off many investors over time, but many people like me still invest time, money and effort despite the risks involved due to the possibility of earning small to huge rewards over time. I advise doing more research in the future op before choosing a particular bounty campaign. Luck is also an important factor in this aspect. Don't lose hope and choose better campaigns in the future op.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dusunbesemah

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:52:53 AM

Can only wait and be patient I can do because it all takes time and process, if the time is over will definitely be paid if the project is not a scam, if not yet paid while others have been paid then we must report it to the admin from the project.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:54:34 AM

When you have followed some bounty then at the end of the bounty they promise to distribute their tokens based on the time they have specified. But in fact, after waiting some time token not sent. What's worse, it turns out bounty that we have followed is a scam.
How do you deal with this while your time has gone to work on bounty to promote their projects.

If it is really a scam, then you need to check what details you have given them and take any security precautions necessary.
If they just haven't paid the tokens, then often you are best contacting them in Telegram - I've found that often gives quickest responses to queries.

Really if they decide not to pay, there is nothing you can do except try to learn from it and take great care with the next bounty project you choose to follow.

You also have to bear in mind that sometimes a project fails to hit its soft cap at ICO. This means that they haven't made sufficient sales for the project to be viable. In this case no-one gets any coins because without any project they would be worthless.

548khen

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:00:58 AM

Well this is a part of life of a bounty hunter, if the bounty manager decide not to pay, there is nothing you can do except trying to learn from it and take care with the next bounty project you choose to participate.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

When you decides to join bounty program you should know the risk and unpaid is part of them. Never give up and join another bounty, by time you'll have knowledge to understand which one to join or not. There's nothing you can do about bounty payment, developer decision is final. patience is also needed to face this risk not just for hold, join several bounty is solutions.

bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:03:33 AM

That is why you as a bounty hunter will keep an eye on what seem to be suspicious to these ICO. Some of them are scam just as there are rotten apples in a basketful. Not getting paid means a waste of time. Don't rely much of your time on bounties, find a real job online. There are freelance sites for you to find job, one that you might wanna register soon is the bitjob.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:05:35 AM

bounty campaigns is good and i think that you can cou t on it in case you choose wisely and i think yoh should abpvoid scammers

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

That is why you as a bounty hunter will keep an eye on what seem to be suspicious to these ICO. Some of them are scam just as there are rotten apples in a basketful. Not getting paid means a waste of time. Don't rely much of your time on bounties, find a real job online. There are freelance sites for you to find job, one that you might wanna register soon is the bitjob.
bounty campaigns and airdrops i thonk they are an addition chance to earn momey, nit the main income, so you should be careful

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:06:34 AM

Just learn from it, search for something that could have given away the fact that they were scamming.

On your next bounty, pick your ICO more carefully than ever and I'm sure you'll get your motivation back.

gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 492

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:08:11 AM

Nothing, doing bounties is like gambling.
we are risking our time and effort on that project.
we promote them for their who ICO.
there are ICO that turned out scam.
there are ICO that don't want to pay bounties and giving so many reasons and delay.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

handyhuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:10:10 AM

Honestly this is the most embarassing and the saddess moment when we dont get paid at the same time the ICO manager gone away without any explaination
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:14:00 AM

Ill think it is not a scam because some bounty was too busy to compute some stake in the spreadsheet, And they will going to distribute if you have some patient abount to your bounty rewards. Even me i'm always experience in that so must better to wait to your rewards.
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

Yes, I experienced something like that, and it feels very disappointing. For the next, of course should be more selective in choosing the project. In addition, should be more vigilant in following the project with the same manager, so as not to happen again.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:15:50 AM

My friend has experienced the same thing. But what i told him was that not all campaigns in bitcointalk are scams. I told him some points he needs to check to minimize or even assure you are not scamed. Here it is:

1. Know the manager. Check feedbacks, previous campaigns run. Rank also matters but not entirely, it means he is trusted long term in the forum
2. Read/research. Check the whitepaper if the project is worthy. Check the website if its working.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:19:09 AM

First of all as a bounty hunter you should know that 90% of the project you've joined may end up as a failure or a SCAM. That's the risk you're going to face as a bounty hunter, that's why I decided not to involve with the bounties (But I joined sometimes when I did a research of the project and believe it was legit)

The thing you can do that is to report the bounty manager and the project so other will be aware of it, that's the best thing you can do... and about the reward, you may not get it.
chocochild

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:21:40 AM

Doing bounties is like betting in the lotttery you will never know if you can get the jackpot and who will pay it incase you win.
Komandor8957

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

Once the bounty program is over, then I do not expect when I will receive a reward for it. I am taking up the next and starting monitoring project in which I participated, I follow his successes and defeats.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 10:25:38 AM

I think unpaid bounties becomes something common nowadays. I'm facing it from time to time , but this year is a a total disaster , because the amount of scam bounties has doubled. Sometimes it's not a scam , but just a project which facing with financial problems (which is not rare in present days) , in this case I'm trying to talk with their team in telegram or on forum to clarify payment dates and corrected roadmap . It usually works well and all I need to do furher is wait for distribution . But in some cases , when project turned into scam , I really don't know what we can to do , so I don't bother about it. I believe karma will find them with time .
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

You feel bad at first but there's nothing to do, it's some kind of gambling. Sometimes projects run their own bounty and this is even worse if they dont pay you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: