Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX <-> BTC BID/ASK  (Read 74801 times)
CryptStorm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:10:44 AM

Still buying for 75%

Still open to deal?

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptStorm

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:12:07 AM

Looking to discuss selling 64 GoxBTC with safe procedure for 50 BTC. Please PM to continue conversation. Thank you in advance.

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1768

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:23:15 AM

I'll offer to buy goxbucks at 70% maybe a bit more or less depending how much the spread will get

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
thecapitalr

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:48:22 AM

Will trade 6 XPM for 1 Gox BTC
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:50:47 AM

Will trade 6 XPM for 1 Gox BTC
rofl  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
double my 1% offer  Grin
naylorfriend

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:55:08 AM

I am still buying goxbtc at 70%.  up to 180 btc.  I give you real bitcoin.
Ff you want to sell goxbtc, please contact me. thanks.

PM to discuss logistics.
or Skype id: ebayren.

Continue buying.....buying....buying.

history: traded with those members, want to buy more:

ImI via PM   he send 4 BTC to me first. trusting guy. total 30 goxbtc. He is OP.
ELI   via skype
kupiciel   via PM
ozgennn via email
biodieselchris via PM  he still owe me 2 mtgoxbtc+1mtgoxbtc. (because he want to wait until confirm, and he now has to go to bed)
bigtimespaghetti via PM
kwilliams via email
malaise via PM
naylorfriend via PM

They are very good.
Smooth transaction.

Just sold johnscoin 2 Mt. Gox BTCs. Very smooth, quick to send coins. Thanks johnscoin!
usabitcoinbuyer

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:18:58 AM

How does one go about actually receiving gox-btc in this transaction?
just use bitcoin withdrawal and unclick "open transaction", transfer will be facilitated off the block-chain(route through internal system), be on your own risks on counterparty risks though.

Does anyone know if this will work for unverified accounts?  (I am _not_ going to let them extort a pile of my personal info just to free my BTC!)
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:22:52 AM

How does one go about actually receiving gox-btc in this transaction?
just use bitcoin withdrawal and unclick "open transaction", transfer will be facilitated off the block-chain(route through internal system), be on your own risks on counterparty risks though.

Does anyone know if this will work for unverified accounts?  (I am _not_ going to let them extort a pile of my personal info just to free my BTC!)

Prob not.

daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:01:01 AM

Given Gox's indefinite timeframe, and given the btc-e/gox spread, I'm currently willing to buy goxBTC for 65-70% realBTC depending on the amount.

I have completed 7 realBTC - goxBTC deals with members from this forum: gabbynot, rpietila, bimmerhead, micucci1127, OldHacker, jackmccauley, kwilliams.

The market is very volatile so things can of course change.

PM me to discuss more.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:09:02 AM

Stamp is at 705 Gox at 550 for a 78% spread  Shocked
I can still offer 70% for gox BTC as long as the spread doesn't continue to widen. PM me

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:18:44 AM

Surely you mean ~22%?

http://www.coinometrics.com/bitcoin/dispersion

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:26:04 AM

Stamp is at 705 Gox at 550 for a 78% spread  Shocked
I can still offer 70% for gox BTC as long as the spread doesn't continue to widen. PM me

Yes you are correct. Meant Gox is trading at a  78% of stamp (100-78=22  Grin )

joshbb

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:26:28 AM

Hey guys!

I saw this thread and got to thinking.. this could be a whole lot easier if somebody just made an actual exchange between "Real" BTC and "Gox" BTC!

So I did!

Since my https://www.bitcoinbuilder.com/ site had fallen into a little bit of disuse (I made it two years ago... back then it was for using dwolla to automatically buy bitcoins on mtgox!), over the last two days I've re-purposed it to exactly this purpose. And now it's ready to launch!

Advantages of this over using this thread:

1. People who want to sell gox btc, you know any offers in the order book are legit and will execute immediately. No need for constant PMing and hoping the person willing to buy your gox btc is online right now and still willing to honor their post!
2. People who want to buy gox btc, you can now accept any size order without it being any work for you. Just place your limit order and forget about it.
3. As the exchange, I am a trusted "escrow" service all in one.. no more sending small amounts piece-by-piece/skyping/etc. (I can be considered "trusted" as a long time member of bitcoin talk.. I'm Josh Jones, founder of DreamHost, the Los Angeles Bitcoin Meetup, ChunkHost.com, BitMadness.com, 310-570-COIN, and so on!)

Note: there's a 2% transaction fee for all trades on bitcoinbuilder, and to be safe your withdrawal BTC addresses (one for "Real" BTC and one for your "Gox" BTC... must be a mtgox deposit address!) are permanently set and locked once you put them in. Also, all withdrawals are processed manually by me, once daily at (around) 11pm PST. That's because no coins are kept on the server at all, and you know, just to be super safe!

So, go check it out! I hope it makes sense and you find it useful. It seems to me like it should be somewhat at least!

Thanks,
josh!
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:13:01 AM

Hey guys!

I saw this thread and got to thinking.. this could be a whole lot easier if somebody just made an actual exchange between "Real" BTC and "Gox" BTC!

So I did!

Since my https://www.bitcoinbuilder.com/ site had fallen into a little bit of disuse (I made it two years ago... back then it was for using dwolla to automatically buy bitcoins on mtgox!), over the last two days I've re-purposed it to exactly this purpose. And now it's ready to launch!

1. People who want to sell gox btc, you know any offers in the order book are legit and will execute immediately. No need for constant PMing and hoping the person willing to buy your gox btc is online right now and still willing to honor their post!
2. People who want to buy gox btc, you can now accept any size order without it being any work for you. Just place your limit order and forget about it.
3. As the exchange, I am a trusted "escrow" service all in one.. no more sending small amounts piece-by-piece/skyping/etc. (I can be considered "trusted" as a long time member of bitcoin talk.. I'm Josh Jones, founder of DreamHost, the Los Angeles Bitcoin Meetup, ChunkHost.com, BitMadness.com, 310-570-COIN, and so on!)

Note: there's a 2% transaction fee for all trades on bitcoinbuilder, and to be safe your withdrawal BTC addresses (one for "Real" BTC and one for your "Gox" BTC... must be a mtgox deposit address!) are permanently set and locked once you put them in. Also, all withdrawals are processed manually by me, once daily at (around) 11pm PST. That's because no coins are kept on the server at all, and you know, just to be super safe!

So, go check it out! I hope it makes sense and you find it useful. It seems to me like it should be somewhat at least!

Thanks,
josh!

Heh, now that's the funniest kind of an exchange! :-)
No offense to you, all offense to MtGox!
I wish you good luck - and to everyone involved in this situation.

Well, before, you didn't need to be verified to transfer Bitcoins in and out. I didn't hear otherwise, and I guess they are busy with other things now instead of changing KYC games..
You should be all fine.

Ente
desper

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:23:36 AM

Hi Josh, this sounds a good idea! I signed up for your site and might buy some GoxBTC on it.
It would be great if we could see a history of trades that have been made on your site.

I see from your previous posts that you appear to be running Chunkhost and also doing a couple of other entrepreneurial things...it would be great if someone well known or with higher trust in the forum could vouch for you.

Hey guys!

So I did!

Thanks,
josh!
joshbb

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:30:09 AM

Heh, now that's the funniest kind of an exchange! :-)
No offense to you, all offense to MtGox!
I wish you good luck - and to everyone involved in this situation.

Thanks! I definitely was drawn to it a bit by the surrealism of it all, but also that nevertheless there clearly is a real need!
joshbb

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:33:06 AM

Hi Josh, this sounds a good idea! I signed up for your site and might buy some GoxBTC on it.
It would be great if we could see a history of trades that have been made on your site.

I see from your previous posts that you appear to be running Chunkhost and also doing a couple of other entrepreneurial things...it would be great if someone well known or with higher trust in the forum could vouch for you.

Great, thanks for checking it out! I'll add a history of trades... as soon as there are some! Smiley

Ah yeah, when I first signed up I got verified by "maged" that I was josh@dreamhost.com.. I'm not sure if he or anybody else more well known in the forum could do that again? Or just post here....?

I have been a bit of a lurker recently on bitcointalk!
Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:56:20 AM

Still buying Gox BTC at 70%.
I have been a member here since May 2011 and have made deals with Koparki and PeterBrand in this thread. I have also made a ton of other deals through this site without any problems, just search my username.
PM me if you want to sell.

I will also be putting up some orders to buy on joshbb's exchange.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
hamma

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

hahaha goxBTC to BTC exchange ... 10 out of 10 for entertainment value - love the idea joshbb!

But the real reason I'm posting here is this - imagine this hypothetical scenario:

1) someone buys goxBTC for real BTC
2) the seller of goxBTC is later found by MtGox to have cheated them by exploiting the current technical bug (withdrew BTC from Gox but then was reimbursed by Gox for what they thought was a "failed" transaction) and then sold the reimbursed goxBTC to an unsuspecting buyer for real BTC.
3) Gox go through all the customer account balances and delete the non-existent goxBTC from all accounts as part of their current fix

Possible? - Yes!
Probable? - Yes!

Does the buyer loose their acquired fraudulent goxBTC? - possibly!!!

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:31:04 AM

hahaha goxBTC to BTC exchange ... 10 out of 10 for entertainment value - love the idea joshbb!

But the real reason I'm posting here is this - imagine this hypothetical scenario:

1) someone buys goxBTC for real BTC
2) the seller of goxBTC is later found by MtGox to have cheated them by exploiting the current technical bug (withdrew BTC from Gox but then was reimbursed by Gox for what they thought was a "failed" transaction) and then sold the reimbursed goxBTC to an unsuspecting buyer for real BTC.
3) Gox go through all the customer account balances and delete the non-existent goxBTC from all accounts as part of their current fix

Possible? - Yes!
Probable? - Yes!

Does the buyer loose their acquired fraudulent goxBTC? - possibly!!!

Ouch!
If what MtGox says is true, this scenario is quite likely.
If MtGox is full of shit and the maeelability bug, known since 2011, is not the real reason - good luck with your new, 'cheap' Goxcoins.

The real trainwreck might still come..

Ente
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: