Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX <-> BTC BID/ASK  (Read 74808 times)
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

That's exactly the type of argumentation I was trying to read

The price is somewhere around 0.10-0.30 but the deal doesn't seem easy to do

If you want to take a bet, you might want to research the various btc betting sites and see if you could set up such a bet and get any counterparties to that bet.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 12:04:36 AM

That's exactly the type of argumentation I was trying to read

The price is somewhere around 0.10-0.30 but the deal doesn't seem easy to do

If you want to take a bet, you might want to research the various btc betting sites and see if you could set up such a bet and get any counterparties to that bet.

It may be possible but it may be hard to know exactly what percentage the clients received if they don't receive the same percentage when they lost fiat or btc

I will just forget the mtgox fiasco and try to accumulate more bitcoins before the spike up to new highs Wink

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:26:32 PM

I am looking to buy goxcoins if anyone is selling. Please message me if you have a large amount. I know a way it could be done.
[citation needed]

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:26:39 PM

Sadly the only way to do this is trust that the person will pay you if Gox returns the money. Then you might as well bet on it.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

Sadly the only way to do this is trust that the person will pay you if Gox returns the money. Then you might as well bet on it.

Pretty much. I don't think there is any way to do this except based entirely on trust. That and I suppose you could take their ubikey, if they had one?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
eXSn

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:11:54 PM

I trust the legal system enough to hold up a contract signed & notarized by both parties. Wink

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:11:33 PM

I trust the legal system enough to hold up a contract signed & notarized by both parties. Wink

There is that. How much would a goxcoin go for right now out of interest? Did you complete a contract with someone?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

There is that. How much would a goxcoin go for right now out of interest? Did you complete a contract with someone?

200/750 if the liquidation was at no cost at all.

So more like 100/750 or 150/750

eXSn

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:34:58 PM

I'd say about 20% is right as of today, but factor in the two years until bankruptcy courts order them to liquidate + creating procedures for claims, gox possibly selling the coins on open market to cover fiat shortfalls as well, BTC price appreciation over that time and you'll be going down into pennies on the dollar.

There's also a chance that they'll sell off ALL the BTC and return fiat to BTC holders at their last closing value. That's how they valued the liabilities in their books.

Most people don't want to settle for something like that despite the eventual outcome. I'll do a deal if it makes sense on the probabilities but nothing as of yet.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:41:32 PM

I'd say about 20% is right as of today, but factor in the two years until bankruptcy courts order them to liquidate + creating procedures for claims, gox possibly selling the coins on open market to cover fiat shortfalls as well, BTC price appreciation over that time and you'll be going down into pennies on the dollar.

There's also a chance that they'll sell off ALL the BTC and return fiat to BTC holders at their last closing value. That's how they valued the liabilities in their books.

Most people don't want to settle for something like that despite the eventual outcome. I'll do a deal if it makes sense on the probabilities but nothing as of yet.

Actually MTgox has not filed for bankrupcty so they might still make a deal with its customers. Meaning that they don't go through a long and pricey liquidation. But then again i don't know much about japanese bankrupcty law !

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

There is also the issue of MK Bitcoins on Gox. since he had allegedly held his own bitcoins there you can count those 120k out of your equation since customers come first. So it's 750k-120k = 630k
200k/630k + Debts in Fiat. There is also the issue of claiming your share in the insolvency proceedings, and recent deposits will most certainly get larger shares back than people who had their coins there for years.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

There is also the issue of MK Bitcoins on Gox. since he had allegedly held his own bitcoins there you can count those 120k out of your equation since customers come first. So it's 750k-120k = 630k
200k/630k + Debts in Fiat. There is also the issue of claiming your share in the insolvency proceedings, and recent deposits will most certainly get larger shares back than people who had their coins there for years.

750k is without gox coins. Sadly, their 100k coins brings the total to 850k coins :O

eXSn

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

lmao, another 3+ year case to show that MK is personally liable and should pay out of pocket to creditors.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:49:50 PM

lmao, another 3+ year case to show that MK is personally liable and should pay out of pocket to creditors.

that won't happen i fear. It is very rare that owners are liable for a bankruptcy. it is sad!

Mota
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:53:30 PM

No, actually it's pretty much reasonable to assume that his personal assets will be paid out last if they were held on Gox. Since he is the CEO of Gox his own assets held on Gox do NOT flow into the creditor mass. It's pretty easy to explain actually: The failure to stop trade on the day of the discovery does make him personally liable. And there is also the issue of him being the debtor, and being creditor and debtor at the same time for the same insolvency is regulated in the same way as in most other countries: ALl the other creditors come first.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

No, actually it's pretty much reasonable to assume that his personal assets will be paid out last if they were held on Gox. Since he is the CEO of Gox his own assets held on Gox do NOT flow into the creditor mass. It's pretty easy to explain actually: The failure to stop trade on the day of the discovery does make him personally liable. And there is also the issue of him being the debtor, and being creditor and debtor at the same time for the same insolvency is regulated in the same way as in most other countries: ALl the other creditors come first.

This only applies IF his personal assets were in Gox. Sure his stock in MTgox and the companies reserves are now gone, but he said some time back that he owns 100k+ BTC in his own stash NOT on the site. So there is that.

eXSn

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:37:38 AM

Any BTC he had on the site would be held and paid out on equal footing with the other creditors. Karpeles is not the debtor, its MtGox Co, Ltd., which is owned by Tibanne Co, Ltd., which Karpeles has whatever % ownership in.

It's pretty easy to explain actually: The failure to stop trade on the day of the discovery does make him personally liable.

Unfortunately, whether or not it makes sense won't simplify the extended lawsuit and appeal that'll come from proving it.
BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:54:21 AM

that won't happen i fear. It is very rare that owners are liable for a bankruptcy. it is sad!
This is true generally speaking, but I guess it very well may depend on proper case argumentation by lawyers representing debtors. At no point should they agree, to ANY extend, about tech team and MK in particular not being liable for losses. As known to most "practicing in the field", such losses WERE preventable, with very minimum security precautions, which apparently haven't been taken, yet advised.

Empty
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:41:22 PM

This is true generally speaking, but I guess it very well may depend on proper case argumentation by lawyers representing debtors. At no point should they agree, to ANY extend, about tech team and MK in particular not being liable for losses. As known to most "practicing in the field", such losses WERE preventable, with very minimum security precautions, which apparently haven't been taken, yet advised.

At no point where I doubting that. But it is very hard to convince a judge/jury of that. Breaking the limited liability is very rare in most states.
As someone with money "stuck" on mtgox, i hope that sucker pays every single cent he owns!!!!

Mota
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:00:34 AM

At no point where I doubting that. But it is very hard to convince a judge/jury of that. Breaking the limited liability is very rare in most states.
As someone with money "stuck" on mtgox, i hope that sucker pays every single cent he owns!!!!
Really now? Breaking the limited liability is really easy outside the US.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: