Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FIAT rewards for bounty hunters.  (Read 1551 times)
unpack

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:52:57 PM

That's very good opinion. I would build the one part of the exchange with token/USD and then the other platforms to change it for other crypto. But I'm a little bit affraid that it wouldn't help at all, the price would be different and bounty hunter would still go there where it's for more money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:55:16 PM

I think that it is impossible. Imagine how many problems will be there if we were paid in fiat money. Nobody knows you and in a classic world, everytime when you receive a salary government should know about it and also about you Cheesy.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 07:00:54 PM

Hello all members!
I am a bounty hunter, as well as many of you  Smiley Wink
And I heard that bounty hunters dump the coin price at the ico end.
So I was wondering, if the team doesn't want its coins to be sold on exchange date and thus be dumped, why they reward bounty hunters with their token, not FIAT.
Because they anyway accept fiat for selling the tokens, so the coin won't be dumped by bounty hunters, and bounty hunters are satisfied too.
Because those who need money, they have it, those who want tokens, can buy it at exchange etc.
It seem to be a good idea. But, paying fiat for bounty rewards would take a lot of resources to pay for every bounty hunters. And the project is accepting mostly in cryptocurrency. It would be the best if lot of projects would pay in bitcoin and eth would be great.
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:07:34 PM

Fiat payment is hardly an option of payments as ICO's are in business too. Paying in fiat is against the unwritten rules of the cryptocurrency industry. However, I think they can explore the option of paying in ETH as well.
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:09:25 PM

Not fiat, but those coins in which the ICO takes for investment
Ethereum Bitcoin, etc.
This is often said at the forum recently. And this has its advantages for all parties, both for the ICO and for the Bounty of Hunters.
I would also like to see ESCROW in companies. Lately, too many scams.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

Hello all members!
So I was wondering, if the team doesn't want its coins to be sold on exchange date and thus be dumped, why they reward bounty hunters with their token, not FIAT.
Because they anyway accept fiat for selling the tokens, so the coin won't be dumped by bounty hunters, and bounty hunters are satisfied too.
Because those who need money, they have it, those who want tokens, can buy it at exchange etc.
It seem to be a good idea. But, paying fiat for bounty rewards would take a lot of resources to pay for every bounty hunters. And the project is accepting mostly in cryptocurrency. It would be the best if lot of projects would pay in bitcoin and eth would be great.

In my own opinion, it was normal for the price of the ico tokens to drop after it was released in the market because the growth of the coin will always be depending on the platform.
Ninellechka

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:29:15 PM

As a rule, bounty rewards amount only to 0,5-2% of overall issued tokens. Do you really think it will influence much a coin's price? Hardly. Yes, hunters very often dump the coins as soon as they get them, and it causes a short-term drop, but then the price recovers. Besides there are a lot of bounty hunters who choose to hodl just like investors. That's why it will remain more preferable to pay with crypto, besides not all the projects can afford to pay in fiat.

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Maxbold123

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 07:32:20 PM

The idea sounds logical but in reality, it can't be done that way and the reason is that bounty hunters are a part of the ICO buyers in the sense that they pay for their token through the services they rendered through bounty campaigns. So it is impossible to pay them in Fiat.
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:45:42 PM

Hello all members!
I am a bounty hunter, as well as many of you  Smiley Wink

It is a good way but not feasible. The main problem is that ICOs don't have too much cash to pay for the bounty hunter. Projects don't have enough money to continue, so they raise fund through ICOs. If they have to spend a great amount of money for bounty campaign, that isn't good for them.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:52:36 PM

This is very good opinion and I think it should be followed. That will help to the project as well as investors and bountyhunters.but I don't think that project manager will not be follow this as if project fails they have to pay it from their pocket otherwise they always give the coin.
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:53:43 PM

that's a good idea but selfish at the same time, since we bounty hunters are promoting the ICO or project it would be better to receive the token of the project itself. It's just normal nowadays that hunters are dumping the price since they don't fully support the project.
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

Even so many peoples say bounty hunters dump coin how that's possible because of no ICO distribute more than 5% for bounty hunters. Usually its 2% or 3% of total allocation so it's hard to do such a thing.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:03:08 PM

Let us be absolutely honest your supposition is wrong because participants of bounty campaigns cannot drop prices of really strong and perspective companies because there are tremendous demand on such companies and prices grow despite of anything.

I disagree with you,  just take a good survey at some of the bounties projects, they dumped after listing and only rise up quickly if it's a solid project
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:13:05 PM

Yes fiat for bounty hunters is a good idea it could benefect both bounty hunters and investors.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:20:28 PM

Hello all members!
Getting a reward in tokens might be more profitable because you never know how many X this coin will make.
Over the past several months I kept a number of bounty tokens in my wallet worth around $50, but today they were pumped and sold at a price like 11 times higher.
Isn't that more pleasurable than getting a fiat reward?  Wink
marados

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:23:15 PM

Hello all members!

That's good thinking. Would be great if bounty hunters could choose whether to receive they prize in FIAT or crypto but then again, imagine sending FIAT all over the world to bounty hunter, I think that would be just pain... It's definetly easier to pay in crypto.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:04:10 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 09:19:02 PM by chaoscoinz

Hello all members!
I am a bounty hunter, as well as many of you  Smiley Wink

Ico's are offerings of shares in order to raise Capitol for building a business from the ground up. In an initial coin offering, shares of a company's token, or coin etc, are offered instead of fiat because of the next to nothing cost of the initial startup.
   It's's easier to give digital coins away that are made up from lines of code, than to just hand over hard earned cash to pay bounty campaigners.
    At the time of inception, new coins and tokens have little to no instrinic value, because without a market availabe, the coin has no life on the trading block, at least until it becomes an active coin.

luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:10:36 PM

Well. I've met several times BBB- buy back bounties, which obligated to make payout in ETH or BTC instead of tokens.
this action should prevent massive dump and I am really in favour of this
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:23:32 PM

The idea is good, some projects do this, but the problem not everyone has fiat. And all the funds collected in ICO, they are spend to develop.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
ningo

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:34:27 PM

Hello all members!

I do not agree with this insertion.Tell me if you were a project team member ,will you be willing to give someone money who do not believe in your project Am saying so because giving hunters fiat means that the hunters do not believe in the project they are working for and this could also be disastrous for the project.Another issue I have here is that ,it is not only bounty hunters that dump the coin because sometimes ,private sale investors do dump a coin at exchange because of the huge bonuses that they get from the ICO.There are projects that did not give hunters tokens yet the price dump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: