Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:14:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7205 times)
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:00:39 PM

I think that bitcoin itself has no security problems, but its storage can become your weak point. Therefore, before buying bitcoin, carefully study the issue of storage and choose the best one for you.
It is true. If you do not think it's easy to lose everything quickly. He thinks what you install on the computer and where you keep private keys ...
Stormyblue

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 09:30:43 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

The Blockchain technology ensures and guarantees that Bitcoin is safe without being kept in physical systems.
I do upport your claims mate, I think if the rules to keeping a wallet safe and ensuring that every Blockchain is built with the right cryptography, then thses hacks will be reduced or stopped
bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:02:47 PM

4 years using bitcoin I had no issues with it security exactly hackers attack are the only danger that we can fight during usage of Bitcoin. And if you will be careful and Wise enough it would be another case for you.
Amanda Green

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:16:29 AM

It is difficult to predict how it will develop in the future. Everything could happen, therefore, the smartest way to invest in digital assets is to build a well-diversified portfolio based on your risk preference and investment goals. Such a portfolio would likely include a substantial holding in bitcoin and small exposure to promising ICO tokens. I have found a trustworthy ICO project. It is called Socratus.  It is an insurance ecosystem which provides a digital platform for insurance companies. So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem. Their main aim is to create a win-win insurance whereby you get instant claim payment,  fair and transparent dealing and friendly prices. They are also helping insurance companies to reduce costs (it can be reduced from 15 to 25 %) and get their business on a new level. Also, they are powered by Smart-contracts & Socratus Oracles. It means that there is no more solo human decisions to pay or not to pay, no more lingering manual claims handling procedures.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:22:45 AM

I think it's easy to be safe...you just need to be smart and organize your information and your keys you will never lose your money but there is always inevitable things can happen

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
melina152

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 01:55:35 AM

My opinion bitcoin is safe if you can keep it safe.
StephanieSalting

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:04:19 AM

If your wallet is not die, bitcoin is still protected because it is saved in a system in the internet.
legok

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 03:11:35 AM

Do not open unfamiliar emails related to crypto ... Save our wallet
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:15:24 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

I am using an online wallet. In order to make sure that I am safe, I always check the website that I am logging in to. I only memorize the password for my wallet and I do not save it in my computer. If you do not like online wallet due to its high risk, you can have a paper wallet or a hardware wallet. Being careful is the best way to make sure that you are safe even it is a paper wallet or online or hardware.
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:15:29 AM

Bitcoin for me is so safe and secured because it will not use by many if it is not. I think your bitcoin will not safe only if you trust others because there are so many people that is willing to do everything just to get what they want.
ASHANABEY

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:17:44 AM

Well Bitcoin as a currency is build to be fail safe by design to allow user's to do transactions without any issues or worrying but the problem is platforms and exchanges that we are using to do them are not perfect so we are vulnerable to hackers and other criminals. which is not a problem with bitcoin at all it is doing fine considering it's design purpose so we may need to be more care full when using third party services which will help to avoid such issues  
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:24:04 AM

I think bitcoin is very safe because bitcoin is use the blockchain system that we know the safest system right now, and I think that bitcoin is the great digital currencies, its use the private key only, there are no people in the world that know about your private key. so its very safe

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:45:31 AM

I think bitcoin is very safe because bitcoin is use the blockchain system that we know the safest system right now, and I think that bitcoin is the great digital currencies, its use the private key only, there are no people in the world that know about your private key. so its very safe

Yes I agree all transactions that's thru bitcoin are all recorded in the blockchain system. But sometimes since bitcoin transaction are approved automatically, there might be a possibility that it will be used for fraud transaction too.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:32:38 AM

There are many ways you can protect your Bitcoin!
I often prefer some options:
  + Use the official Wallet software
  + Create a wallet on a computer without an internet connection
  + Always keep a backup of the wallet.dat file
  + Do not log on on a less secure computer!
PDNade

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

D E P O S I T O R Y N E T W O R K

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:47:25 AM

Yes! As i recall because is the most secure crypto currency hackers are nothing to do with it... but if you are a holder of bitcoins and using weak wallet....they will guaranteed stole it in no time. Using hard wallet to store some big bitcoins... as u can see bitcoins is the most valuable coins in crypto world 😁✌

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
farshid.shastri123

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:58:47 AM

Before landing on to a specific conclusion regarding how safe is bitcoin, let us take a look at a number of traits that bitcoin possesses. These characteristics can play a role in either elevating or decreasing the bitcoin safety.

* Open Source
* Transparency
* Anonymity
* Decentralization

lonelma

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:59:30 AM

I think the Bitcoin is an toàn, don't know your comments as you, Which you processing and keep your bitcoin you must be a large element. Research and seek as how to be blocking to your lost Bitcoin by the Internet is an nguy hiểm.
GreatGEEK

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:52:12 PM

Agree with the others. To keep your Bitcoin safe, better get a cryptocurrency wallet and transfer the majority of your assets there. Don't keep it within any exchange.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 10:15:19 PM

I think that Bitcoin has  a strong secure system so  I hope  it's very hard to hack BTC but hackers always can find weak places in people's wallets. So people should be very careful with their private keys and other information

When you talk of hacking, any coin at all has the risk of  being hacked not even our bitcoin. It depends on the platform on which they are saved. For best storage, I suggest using a hardware wallet like the bitcoincore and the latest can always be downloaded on bitcointalk here.

CryptoFeller

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

The security of Bitcoin is powered by the Blockchain technology. The decentralization and distribution of the publive ledger -'Bitcoin' makes it very safe and impossible to be tampered with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: