Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7183 times)
amobi

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:09:23 PM

bitcoin is safe but its safety totally depends on the owners, if you take every measure to secure ur wallet, surely your coins can never tampered with by any hacker in any way

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karine15

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:16:31 PM

The safety of bitcoin depends only on you. And the price will definitely return in the near future. Just wait a bit.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:19:08 AM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i also think that it maybe stolen or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet also and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.

Sorry, but no one can really say their Bitcoin is 100% safe in any sort of online wallet. I'm not saying people can't or shouldn't use their BTC online(obviously), but at least realize the risks. Cold wallets with properly stored information in order to recover them is are thr gold standard.
yes you are collect as far as you bitcoin is store or save online it automatically not safe because it will be easy for third party to get access on it, i think the only way you can say your bitcoin is %100 safe is when you say them offline (either by ledger or any other means)
tracy2233

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:04:05 AM

Safety is all what and how you play. Bitcoin safety depends on an individuals knowledge about the market trends. If u are master at your work and know when to take a move then bitcoin is as safe as u think it should be but if u got trap into a wrong one whether its a scam or fake news it will be your biggest nightmare. So bitcoin safety depends on one’s knowledge and skills of market and its analysis.
annaso

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:33:02 AM

Even with the negative stories that seem to flood the news at times, Bitcoin is actually more secure than most other financial systems. Taking the time to learn about how Bitcoin works and investing in a secure wallet is essential in keeping your Bitcoin safe. The biggest threat to your Bitcoin investment is not with the network itself, but with the volatility of the price. As more people begin to use Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies, though, the price should stabilize.
With proper education and correct storage practices to keep your Bitcoin safe, your funds are as secure as when using other financial channels.
fnamcma879

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:02:37 AM

Bitcoin is relatively early in the market, it is stable and uses advanced Blockchain technology. Maybe it's safe for serious investors.
Austino1

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:21:56 AM

Bitcoin is very safe and would be much safer if a bitcoin holder is very very vigilant or even use "cold storage" which will prevent online hacking
Mudah_rezeki

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:54:16 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

I agree with your opinion, on the basis that bitcoin is safe in any wallet, it's just losing BTTC due to the user's negligence in using it, both in terms of sell ,, in terms of announcing a weak password or something else ...
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:10:57 AM

it depends on the wallet you use, I advise you to use a paper wallet, for long-term investment purposes.
to protect your assets from hacking attacks.
blockdragon

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:16:33 AM

the exchanges have really improved their security measures but as far as I can see in last months so many exchange got hacked and no one even got a responsibility for it such as the hack of API on binance, and some other exchanges during that time. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
dav-santoshi

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:23:58 AM

Even with the negative stories that seem to flood the news at times, Bitcoin is actually more secure than most other financial systems. Taking the time to learn about how Bitcoin works and investing in a secure wallet is essential in keeping your Bitcoin safe.
dgreat

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:57:03 AM

Stories of million dollar hacks, an unknown creator, and scam ICOs all may have you wondering, if Bitcoin is safe for your  investment for your money. Even with the negative stories that seem to flood the news at times, Bitcoin is actually more secure than most other financial systems. Taking the time to learn about how Bitcoin works and investing in a secure wallet is essential in keeping your Bitcoin safe. the founder of bitcoin, the unknown developer of Bitcoin satoshi , built the network with certain measures to ensure its safety. Over millions of computers keep track of the Bitcoin ledger and validate transactions on the network. This is drastically different than the storage of data on centralized servers used in traditional finance. All transactions that you make using Bitcoin are public and irreversible. There’s mathematically no way to fake transactions or make errors in recording account balances. A transparent ledger of transactions also decreases the risk of fraud and money laundering.
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:18:13 PM

Among all crypto currency Bitcoin is the most safe one. It's the most oldest one and most importantly it's the most trustworthy crypto currency in the crypto world. If any new person wants to invest in crypto currency then most of them feel safe to invest in Bitcoin. The capital of Bitcoin is also the most highest one among all. So I see no problems regarding the safeties of Bitcoin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
cuongskymtpcute

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:20:28 PM

Among all crypto currency Bitcoin is the most safe one. It's the most oldest one and most importantly it's the most trustworthy crypto currency in the crypto world. If any new person wants to invest in crypto currency then most of them feel safe to invest in Bitcoin. The capital of Bitcoin is also the most highest one among all. Bitcoin is safe and secure. still alive. Don't panic.   Cool Cool
vucuong16101997

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:05:41 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

That is why it is the most valuable.
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:24:08 PM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i also think that it maybe stolen or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet also and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.
That's bright idea we need to be careful all the times in our account in bitcoin. Never put only one account always have copies so that you will notice if someone hack your accounts and make sure your gadgets have antivirus and spyware for your protection.
kemonojim

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:28:03 PM

Your bitcoin security is maintained for you, you can store your bitcoin in trusted online hardware or wallet wallets, make sure you don't save your bitcoin on a trading or market site so that no matter what your bitcoin happens.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:35:48 PM

That's bright idea we need to be careful all the times in our account in bitcoin. Never put only one account always have copies so that you will notice if someone hack your accounts and make sure your gadgets have antivirus and spyware for your protection.
Only antivirus and spywares are not enough to keep our accounts safe but we do need to follow major rules of the privacy and security so that it gets much challenging for the hacker to enter inti your system. As per i have information, bitcoins are much safer untill and unless you share your private details with any unknown. Doing so can risk your funds and you can also loose them.

Just follow some minor steps and you will be always safe here. Bitcoins getting stolen is not the problem in the current situation but the major problem now is about the bull run markets. The markets are about to crash and it is making the peoples invested their funds inti bitcoins worry much.

Bitcoins have kept us safe and now it is our turn to keep them safe. We should do each possible activity to keep bitcoins really safe.
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:43:27 PM

I also do that because if there's problem, you have extra money.  I think there are some wallet that use offline and there are some wallet that are secured.   But if the hacker get your money, you cannot do anything to back your money because once they get it, they use it immediately unless you caught the scammer and he back the money that he has scammed.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:46:38 PM

Bitcoin is much stronger and popular coin. It is the king of crypto currency market. It is safe and has more security. Don't be worried about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: