Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7183 times)
Sirnero111

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

Bitcoin to me is 99% save as nothing on earth is 100% due to this and many more reasons I said bitcoin is 99% is that The blockchain architecture itself appears somewhat immune to hacking risks – it's not an interconnected series of individual accounts that have a certain amount of assets sitting in them, but rather a record of all past transactions. When someone wants to transfer bitcoins to someone else, all computers running bitcoin software process the sender's public signature through an algorithm and checks the past transactions encoded in the blockchain to ensure the sender owns the bitcoins they say they do. To me its safe to some extent
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:25:40 PM

My bitcoin is protected as dependably in my online wallet, I likewise feel that it possibly stolen or hacked now and then that is the reason I don't place it in only one record, I cashout a portion of my bitcoin and the other I put in my option bitcoin wallet additionally and I introduce antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best additional safety measures.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:29:51 PM

My bitcoin is protected as dependably in my online wallet, I likewise feel that it possibly stolen or hacked now and then that is the reason I don't place it in only one record, I cashout a portion of my bitcoin and the other I put in my option bitcoin wallet additionally and I introduce antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best additional safety measures.

Why don't you try hardware wallets to be more secure. Instead of being worry all the times, try to learn how to keep your coins offline and be safe.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:42:06 PM

Bitcoin itself is safe, i think not safe is the wallet we are using specially if it is online wallet we do not have any control we only have is key which if the owner want to run bring all the balance in our wallet they can. That is why its not advisable to put huge money in online wallet much better to download hardware wallet to make sure you are the one who can open that wallet.

alexs_03

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:45:20 PM

My opinion is very safe in bitcoin, but it can fall or grow, but it will never be lost. If you keep it for a long time, then you will go into a big plus, believe me Grin
Sandy25

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:56:22 PM

Bitcoin is safe invesments are not it is always at risk.. So only risktaker can invest on crypto we should be awre on the consequences upon investing or trading.. In terms of storing bitcoin well just dont put all your assets in one wallet only thats the best waybto secure it.. At least if one get hacked still there something left.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:50:37 PM

I do not think online wallet is enough to prevent hacking, so I suggest to use wallet hardware that is nano ledger, and at the time of making wallet must use a complicated password so that the results of encryption hard to hack into hackers.
adjudicator

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:55:42 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

Bitcoin is much safer than a fiat money because as you can see your wallet has a private key before you can enter and use it than an ordiany wallet it cam easily steal and snatch by someone else.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

As long as your private keys are safe your bitcoin is safe. Because it is merely impossible to breach into another's wallet without knowing private keys. So keep your private keys safe. Best use offline wallet to ensure security. 

I definitely agree with you, since your password to your wallet keys is safe, then you can assure that it can not hacked by the thiefs or hackers or else they have a way to find your keys or they managed to get your social media accounts that where you store and kept your private keys, but somehow this is a less chance to hacked easily.
Anish02

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:33:08 AM

Bitcoin is a most secure thing. Or it is much safer than fiat currency or any other financial system. So don't be worried about how safe is bitcoin. It is more secure than anything else which relates to digital or financial activity. 
mimiko

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:27:19 AM

bitcoin secure thing  and    legit then ussually used usd, because it cant be forged and supply is really limited.  Bitcoin is more secure than most other financial systems. Investing in a secure wallet is essential in keeping your Bitcoin safe.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:17:48 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

indeed it has become the risk of investors with their bitcoin security, maybe what you have said in your opinion is already the answer needed to answer security issues for me personally to periodically update the key code that I do for now

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
fireman2001

Activity: 214

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:43:07 AM

In my own opinion, I think that bitcoin (BTC ) is safe and secure to invest in. It is well known for its safety. We shouldn't be really worried about these things because it is indeed the most secure digital currency.
Manjita950

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

I install antivirus for the best extra precaution.because my bitcoin is safe in my online wallet.
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:02:28 AM

bitcoin is well known for its safety the biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins the high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards...think no one can really say or claim that he is safe of his bitcoin to any hackers knowing how advance our technology these days. we can only lower the risks of anyone on getting our bitcoin by doing some precautionary actions can do sorting our bitcoin on multiple online wallets so that it is distributed we can keep our bitcoin on other type of wallets like paper wallet or hard wallet and keep our private keys safe, the reason why it is called private  because we must not be careless by putting it on any platforms online....
MrLBE

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:26:54 AM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet  Cool
Ramonranger

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:31:13 AM

BITCOIN is well tested for safe transaction making, but the only thing that prone for hacking is on what kind of application wallet you used to stored bitcoin because i think hacker do prefer to try to hack the site of different application wallet which involve currency savings.
elsie34

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:55:47 AM

BITCOIN is well tested for safe transaction making, but the only thing that prone for hacking is on what kind of application wallet you used to stored bitcoin because i think hacker do prefer to try to hack the site of different application wallet which involve currency savings.

Hackers are not only foccusing on wallet or any other money related stuffs because hackers are also active on hacking social media accounts , forum accounts , and government related websites .

Bitcoin on the other hand is safe . the risk of using it will only depend on the user if what safety measure he or she is using .

storing your coins on a hardware and offline wallet is also helpful to secure  your coins more evenly .
axemelada

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:03:42 PM

You can be sure that the safety of your bitcoins is 100% guaranteed. For the secure storage of access keys to accounts, years-proven cryptography with the division into public and private keys is used.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
kuntet99

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:27:59 PM

I think bitcoin is very risky, if you are not careful or you make a mistake you can lose your coin in an instant
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: