Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7205 times)
phanquan5111994

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:35:58 AM

I see Bitcoin as a very safe currency today !!!
I am currently using and very peace of mind about this genre !!!
And I will continue to use it in the future !!!
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:41:21 AM

I think you can secure your bitcoin by providing security in your wallet by providing security like google authentic and some other security configuration, to be more secure you can store it in blockchain directly.
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:54:30 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

Bitcoin is most safe because it does not cost you enough to just buy whatever you want as long as you only know your bitcoin account and your private key anywhere you can transact and make it cash out the reason why bitcoin is really safe.
Lauff

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:34:30 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

so long as bitcoin is safe to use or to be stored in the long run, your bitcoin becomes insecure or 100% lost is from the owner's own carelessness that is not careful in storing their asset access code
xilense

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:43:55 AM

bitcoin is safe yet risky, its just depend on user who using
no matter how safe something there must be somehow to hack it
marktanlao

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:49:06 AM

Bitcoin has no such safety net. If your Bitcoins are lost or stolen, there's no intermediary with the power to make you whole. There are two basic ways to hold Bitcoins. You can participate in the Bitcoin network yourself, storing the keys to your Bitcoins in a wallet stored on your hard drive
marktanlao

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:52:26 AM

As with almost every other asset, it is possible for Bitcoin to be stolen. However, if you are diligent and store your coins properly, you can make them incredibly secure - far more secure than the average set of credit card details, for example.

When you purchase Bitcoin it’s likely that you will be doing it on an exchange. An exchange is like a market where cryptocurrencies are traded between each other or for fiat money (Dollars, Pounds, Euros etc).

Although there have been some horror stories about exchanges being hacked, most modern exchanges are secure and safe to use. However, if your Bitcoins are sitting on an exchange then they're not technically in your possession.

You own it, and you’ve paid for it – but an exchange is not a bank. It’s a service designed to transfer cryptocurrency and not a place to store it long term.
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:10:29 AM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i also think that it maybe stolen or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet also and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.

Are you sure of that? many people are doubting the security of online wallet, why are you very confident with your online wallet? is not offline wallet better? some wallet hardware menawearkan security better than online wallet
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:00:43 AM

Bitcoin is known for its security and we all know that how safe and confidential the bitcoin is, bitcoin is a very sustainable crypto currency and its investors faith and trust in it makes it sustainable and the most important reason why millions of people trust over bitcoin is its safety and confidentiality and this is the foremost reason why people loves bitcoin as it transactions provides user anonymity and peer to peer transactions and thus enabling very safe and confidential transactions.
Mat_Myers9844

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:04:25 AM

Your bitcoins are safe untill you didn't share your Bitcoin key with others
LeoHonek

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

Bitcoin was safe as long as your private key, account details and personal data was safe if any thing happens you can minimize the risk by taking care of your private key and other important details of your account
maivui5411241@gmail.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:41:43 AM

In talking of security and safe keeping Bitcoin is safe as long as we know how to keep our credentials, accounts details, private keys and personal data to be safe. Our ignorance will not be a reason if we will not ensure the safety of our Bitcoin but in talking of how safe is Bitcoin as investments then i could say there is no guarantee of the safety
amwer

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

But it's not just the big wallets that are targeted, most hackers are actually more active trying to scam and hack individuals since they are easier targets and less likely to “bite” back, just google “I was hacked, bitcoin”.
So hacks, scams, fake wallets, phishing attempts, fake ICO’s and bugs in computer code are all concerns that we need to be aware off. But it doesn't end there since we must also look out for the human-error factor. Its not uncommon for users to send coins to the wrong address or reveal their private keys or even forget to back them up and loose them! The following tips are not a guarantee for the safety of your coins, but will surely help you guard them against the most common threats.
ggezlink

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:16:55 AM

The safetiness of your bitcoin relies upon you, in light of the fact that on the off chance that you are reckless with your bitcoin then bitcoin isn't sheltered. You should know additionally where to store your bitcoin securely in light of the fact that numerous blockchain wallet and trade currently are effectively get hacked. So it truly relies upon how cautious you are with your bitcoin.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:22:23 AM

Bitcoin is very safe for me, if you know how to keep it securly ofcourse. There are many ways that you can keep safe your cryptos. First of all you need to understand the progress and the securty level. I don't think that some one would never loose his bitcoins with knowing the security protocols, that is impossible.
si2000

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:33:32 AM

its security is stable enough at a high level, you do not need to forget that you should not go to suspicious sites and leave your data there!
Antonina

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:34:44 AM

Speaking about security and secure storage, bitcom is safe if we know how to keep our credentials, account data, private keys and personal data safe. Our ignorance will not be the basis, if we do not ensure the safety of our Bitcoin.
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:36:13 AM

I think that already enough tools have been invented so that you can secure your bitcoin and crypto-currency in general, try not to keep your bitcoin on the stock exchange and transfer it to a purse and have two-factor protection.
melch100

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:42:03 AM

Bitcoin is very safe for me, if you know how to keep it securly ofcourse. There are many ways that you can keep safe your cryptos. First of all you need to understand the progress and the securty level. I don't think that some one would never loose his bitcoins with knowing the security protocols, that is impossible.

Yeah if we are aware of the things to be needed for the secure storing of bitcoin we can never lose it. Bitcoin is safe, the people that uses it and store it are the ones who are not taking care of their holdings.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Mr. Ar_Mongi

Activity: 332
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:50:13 AM

Bitcoin itself is very secure. I can't  remember a single case when people taking advantage of the vulnerabilities of Bitcoin, stolen coins. Also, I can not remember not one case when because of a bug in the Bitcoin code (in the code of the Bitcoin!), people lost or frozen their coins accidentally  (because of the bug, not because of human negligence). I can't say the same thing, for example, about Ethereum.   Most of the fraud associated with Bitcoin occurred due to the imperfection of the code and all kinds of vulnerabilities of Bitcoin storage location: wallets and exchanges. And the remaining part of the fraud associated with Bitcoin took place on human stupidity and negligent attitude. My advice: carefully choose the place of storage of their Bitcoins. Do not keep all your Bitcoins on the exchange. Follow all the latest news. Don't let the scammers fool you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: