Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous Ads - bitcoin advertising network [migration to v.2]  (Read 44654 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:17:39 PM

AnonymousAds v1 is closed. Please join AnonymousAds v2!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

It seems that frequent very small payments (less than .0005) can cause serious problems to the receivers:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150291.0

Since I am receiving frequent 0.000000X BTC payments, I'd like to be paid just when my credit is above .0005.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:13:41 AM

It seems that frequent very small payments (less than .0005) can cause serious problems to the receivers:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150291.0

Since I am receiving frequent 0.000000X BTC payments, I'd like to be paid just when my credit is above .0005.

AFAIK it could be a problem if your wallet contains only microtransactions: when you spend bitcoins, transaction fees could be too high. You can create transactions manually to defragment your wallet without fees. Also you could consider using our "withdraw to campaign" feature to avoid bitcoin related fees.

We are sending payouts below 0.01 btc only if balance doesn't change for 24 hours (we can increase the interval probably if that is what our users need, but such withdrawals shouldn't be too frequent anyway). If we set up hard threshold of 0.0005 btc, then it could take several years to receive your first payout. Is it really what you want?

What we really plan to do is to allow publishers modifying their ad units (including withdrawal params).

If you do not mind, please me your ad unit id, I will look at the issue closer.

Thanks for your message!

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:52:00 PM

If we set up hard threshold of 0.0005 btc, then it could take several years to receive your first payout. Is it really what you want?
What we really plan to do is to allow publishers modifying their ad units (including withdrawal params).
If you do not mind, please me your ad unit id, I will look at the issue closer.
Thanks for your message!

Never mind: I re-created the ads pointing to an online wallet instead than my main wallet.
Anyway I don't see the urge to have daily payments: a weekly payment would be probably enough, while reducing somewhat the risks.
Thanks
CoinVisitor

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

Although boobs are usually good to display at anytime in my opinion and should be both promoted and welcomed. But I have to say in the banner ads on our site which is set for

Filtration level:50 (allows: gambling politics religion safe and appropriate)

Not diggin it, some of the users are complaining about it when they use it at work. http://www.strip4bit.com/   NSFW LINK !!!

Attention to it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

Although boobs are usually good to display at anytime in my opinion and should be both promoted and welcomed. But I have to say in the banner ads on our site which is set for

Filtration level:50 (allows: gambling politics religion safe and appropriate)

Not diggin it, some of the users are complaining about it when they use it at work. http://www.strip4bit.com/   NSFW LINK !!!

Attention to it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

Are you talking about coinvisitor.com?

I can see ad unit #928 (that does allow any content) is embedded there.

Currently publishers can't edit their ad units, so you can just register a new ad unit with the desired filtering settings, or PM me if you want me to edit #928.

PS: Filtration level 50 was in AnonymousAds v. 1 that has been closed. AnonymousAds v.2 has different set of filters.

Thanks for your message and for using AnonymousAds!

CoinVisitor

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:39:39 AM

If you could set it to proper safe for work level it would be appreciated, love the service and your ads load nice. It is great to have you as a service partner. Thanks for the attentiveness to this. And yes it is coinvisitor.com.

Kev

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:52:36 AM

If you could set it to proper safe for work level it would be appreciated, love the service and your ads load nice. It is great to have you as a service partner. Thanks for the attentiveness to this. And yes it is coinvisitor.com.

Kev

Thanks for kind words. Enabled NSWF filter for #928. It may take some time to propagate changes though. Boobs should show up less and less frequently and finally go away from your site within an hour or so.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:32:03 PM

are you saying that you get more money with a website that has a better value?

Theoretically - yes. Practically not sure yet since most advertisers don't reward for better traffic yet.

strip4bit

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

Strip4Bit Webmaster here. Sorry for it, but i rated my ad as NSFW Sad
But AnonymousAds doesn't profit for me... sadly, couse it's the only real usable Bitcoin AD Network :/
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:57:12 AM

But AnonymousAds doesn't profit for me... sadly, couse it's the only real usable Bitcoin AD Network :/

Thank you for using Anonymous Ads and for your feedback!

Do you mean that your advertising campaign was not successful and didn't bring new buyers to you?

I saw your daily budget was 0.25 btc. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a lower daily budget, because you get cheaper impressions if you are not in hurry (you can see how estimates change when you change the number).

AnonymousAds's success depends on success of our advertisers. Please PM me to discuss various options of how to achieve it.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:28:29 AM

Strip4Bit Webmaster here. Sorry for it, but i rated my ad as NSFW Sad
I would gladly run your ads on CoinAd if your banners didn't had NSFW images.

You could make a banner with the site description and a NSFW warning, without explicit nudity. You would reach a lot more publishers sites.

Maybe AA could add another filter option -> NSFW banner and NSFW link.
Option one, the banner contains nudity
Option two, the banner is safe for work, only the link gets you to a NSFW website.
hashcode

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:23:04 PM

[EDIT: The page I'm referring to that hosts the ads is NSFW. Just an FYI.]

So, comprehension question here:

I have two ad units #312 and #1229 that are active on my page. One is a horizontal banner and one is a tower. Both are active on the site, but looking at these links:
https://a-ads.com/catalog?ad_unit_id=1229&target_type=AdUnit&partner=1229
https://a-ads.com/catalog?ad_unit_id=312&target_type=AdUnit&partner=312

The number of impressions is drastically different. Am I doing something wrong in my implementation? Should I not be running two different types of ads on the same page? If so, which one would be the more advantageous one to keep?
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:56:03 PM

I have two ad units #312 and #1229 that are active on my page. One is a horizontal banner and one is a tower. Both are active on the site, but looking at these links:
https://a-ads.com/catalog?ad_unit_id=1229&target_type=AdUnit&partner=1229
https://a-ads.com/catalog?ad_unit_id=312&target_type=AdUnit&partner=312

The number of impressions is drastically different. Am I doing something wrong in my implementation? Should I not be running two different types of ads on the same page? If so, which one would be the more advantageous one to keep?

Thanks for your question. The reason is that we show only unique impressions to advertisers (i. e. globally unique IPs for the whole network during 24h period). You can see non-unique impressions here:

You can run as many ads on the same page as you want. Embedding several ad units on the same page should somehow increase your income, but not much.

Ideally more ads you have -> more buyers you attract to advertisers -> more income you have. Absolute amount of unique impressions should not be relevant.

But it works only when both conditions are satisfied:
1) publishers send buyers to advertisers.
2) advertisers pay per sale.

Currently it is not the case. According to current stats only <10% of earnings come from goals.

So currently we need to distribute significant part of money paid by advertisers somehow, and we use a number of globally unique impressions as one of the important criteria.

I know we need to document all this in detail. We are working to attract more advertisers that pay per sale. We offer discounts and free integration with our Goal Tracking API to such advertisers.

hashcode

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

So looking at the two stat pages you linked above, it seemed like #312 was performing better before I switched the layout around on March 17th. So maybe I should be switching things back?

I agree, a guide for new publishers laying out how everything works would be great. Mostly because I had a hard time figuring out what I needed to do to optimize my earning potential. Wink
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:08:21 PM

So looking at the two stat pages you linked above, it seemed like #312 was performing better before I switched the layout around on March 17th. So maybe I should be switching things back?

I don't know. What is your criteria of better performance? If you are talking about profits, then, as I said, profits are not much affected by amount of ads embedded on your page, because there is no enough advertisers that pay per sale and AA just rewards you for unique impressions...

If your page contains 2 ad units, impressions of ad unit that loads first can be counted as unique, but impressions of other ad units on that page wont' be unique in terms of AA. Unique impression is a globally unique IP during 24hour period. It is done this way to limit the incentive for non-diligent publishers without banning them.

I hope more advertisers pay per sale in future, and then amount of unique impressions will become irrelevant, and you'll be able to measure performance by comparing earnings from goals (currently they are 0 for both of your ad units).

We welcome advertisers that want to integrate with our Goal Tracking API to reward publishers per sale: we can offer free integration and advertising discounts. This all is not well documented, but we are working on that.

hashcode

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:56:53 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, just trying to understand.

I appreciate the service and I also appreciate that you're actively responsive on here to my questions Smiley
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:29:45 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, just trying to understand.

I appreciate the service and I also appreciate that you're actively responsive on here to my questions Smiley

Thanks for your feedback Smiley

PS: criticism is welcome too

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: