Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:09:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🌀 Blur Network(BLUR) 🌀 | PoW Cryptonight-Dynamic | CPU/Solo Mining | DPoW  (Read 41210 times)
DobroFenix

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:34:09 AM

Site is down?!?!/  Embarrassed
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:58:17 PM

Hm, what's the novel thing here? We already got a lot of CPU-only coins lately, snowblossom, Deft...

Any real-world usecase you are targeting that would make the coin interesting to non-miners to buy and hold?

This is a cpu-only variant of the cryptonight algorithm.  RingCT signatures on a cpu-only coin are only implemented by NERVA, aside from this project.  Cryptonote coins lack that aspect of design, otherwise.

so in short no real world use case at the moment. just another variant of altcoin. without actual usage most of the time, an altcoin will just fall in the trading.
and without strong community backing that coin, this is too easy to die.
unless the dev team has other plans as ive seen so many reserved posts here?!

Well, what's XMR's use-case?  Monero's design has failed in terms of decentralization.  So has bitcoin's.  Solving a previously unsolved problem is hardly the way superior technology comes to dominate a market.  Rather, a superior solution comes along to disrupt a previous solution, and makes it inferior (usually based on design or expansion of capabilities in solving future problems).  

That devil's advocacy aside... Yes, there are bigger plans and your reserved post observation is an astute one.

You consider Monero a failed design? The market has spoken so far and entrusts networks like Bitcoin and Monero with hundreds of billions of dollars. Even if it's CPU only, what if the tech giant fire up their warehouses full of hardware and mine with that? Fully preventing centralization from happening is probably impossible to do.

I didn't say they were "failed designs".  In my opinion, they failed to reach their goal of a scaled and truly decentralized network.  All one has to do is look at what's happened with pooling to see that.  I mean, look at the distribution over the past few days from MineXMR.com .  Does that look like a decentralized network to you?

Moreover, a community rallying behind something does not mean that it is fulfilling its initial design goal... much less, hundreds of billions of dollars hasn't anything to do with decentralized architecture.  Usually, that kind of valuation is an indication of the opposite (cartels and market power). I'd even bet that they're correlated on a near 1.0 R-squared relationship.  To quote Vitalik Buterin... "proof of work necessarily operates on a logic of massive power incentivized into existence by massive rewards".  Centralization is the only way that this can occur.  I agree with you that fully preventing centralization is probably impossible.  But that doesn't mean that we should repeat the mistakes that have been revealed to be clear and burdensome design flaws (...that constantly need adjusted to keep attack area manageable).

In this technological environment I wouldn't be surprised if after just a few years a seemingly nicely decentralized architecture could converge to centralization due to new technology. If a network becomes worth more over time the incentive to come with something up to take control of it also grows. Interesting game theory here! Smiley
Yeuph

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

What's the difference between this coin and the one it's forked from (Nerva)?  Someone correct me but the only thing I can see so far is that this coin has a premine whereas Nerva didn't.

If you have 2 coins that are essentially exactly the same - because Blur's code is Nerva copypasta - why not pick the original coin without a premine instead of the copycat *with* a premine?

If there is actually anything new here and it's not just a really shitty coder copying someone else's work and selling it to stupid people so he can dump his premine I'll dedicate a few Ryzens to mining it.

So, what's the difference?

Biggest differences are emission speed is (20) - that's an exponent - and total supply is cut in half vs Monero's 18.4M (9.2233M).... those variables are present in the equation (Block Reward)=((9223300000000000000)-(Available Supply)*10^12)*2^-20*10^-12).

The values in Nervas code are 18 (a good bit faster) and 18.4M, respectively. You're mistaken about the pre-mine as well -- that is present in both projects.

OK, cool.  So you're right about the premine.  It was months ago that I read the Nerva announcement and I jumbled that information with another coin, so apologies.

You didn't delete my somewhat negative comment so kudos to you.  That was half of my test to see if you were legit (in my eyes).

So currently at least you feel the major - and perhaps only difference - between Nerva and Blur is the block rewards as neither your project nor Nerva have mentioned other focuses yet (which is fine, getting a truly CPU-bound algorithm down is enough to put someone into top 50 CMC after a few years).  I'll add a little hashpower to your network, though I am still *more* interested in Nerva but I am open to having you change my mind.

I would like to bring up that I am a part of the Guardian team and we just released our beta escrow platform.  It is the first piece of software we released in our ecosystem.  Over the next 12 months we're going to be releasing a rather astounding suite of programs designed to prevent fraud in cryptocurrency.  Safe P2P transactions is one of several dozen areas we are targeting.  I don't want to get into *too* much more detail until our whitepaper comes out in a few days but that's the general gist of things.

Anyway currently listing on our platform is cheap as it's a beta release (thoroughly bug tested, it's safe) and we are trying to build our userbase and awareness of our product.  Trading using our platform is also cheaper than using exchanges as we only charge the blockchain transaction fee after initial listing.  One of our beginning goals with the escrow platform is to provide coins with limited exchange access a way to safely trade/sell their coins.  Listing cost is 1000 GDNC which comes out to about 150 USD.  As our full suite of software starts coming out and the scope of Guardian is recognized we are hoping to be the tide that lifts some other smaller but *extremely* valuable projects.  I am currently working to list Nerva and I believe having Blur on the platform would be beneficial too.

If you're interested in discussing it further let me know, send me a PM.  If you like you can look at our escrow platform:

https://escrow.guardiancoin.online/

blurnetwork (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 9

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 07:33:02 PM

What's the difference between this coin and the one it's forked from (Nerva)?  Someone correct me but the only thing I can see so far is that this coin has a premine whereas Nerva didn't.

If you have 2 coins that are essentially exactly the same - because Blur's code is Nerva copypasta - why not pick the original coin without a premine instead of the copycat *with* a premine?

If there is actually anything new here and it's not just a really shitty coder copying someone else's work and selling it to stupid people so he can dump his premine I'll dedicate a few Ryzens to mining it.

So, what's the difference?

Biggest differences are emission speed is (20) - that's an exponent - and total supply is cut in half vs Monero's 18.4M (9.2233M).... those variables are present in the equation (Block Reward)=((9223300000000000000)-(Available Supply)*10^12)*2^-20*10^-12).

The values in Nervas code are 18 (a good bit faster) and 18.4M, respectively. You're mistaken about the pre-mine as well -- that is present in both projects.

OK, cool.  So you're right about the premine.  It was months ago that I read the Nerva announcement and I jumbled that information with another coin, so apologies.

You didn't delete my somewhat negative comment so kudos to you.  That was half of my test to see if you were legit (in my eyes).

So currently at least you feel the major - and perhaps only difference - between Nerva and Blur is the block rewards as neither your project nor Nerva have mentioned other focuses yet (which is fine, getting a truly CPU-bound algorithm down is enough to put someone into top 50 CMC after a few years).  I'll add a little hashpower to your network, though I am still *more* interested in Nerva but I am open to having you change my mind.

I would like to bring up that I am a part of the Guardian team and we just released our beta escrow platform.  It is the first piece of software we released in our ecosystem.  Over the next 12 months we're going to be releasing a rather astounding suite of programs designed to prevent fraud in cryptocurrency.  Safe P2P transactions is one of several dozen areas we are targeting.  I don't want to get into *too* much more detail until our whitepaper comes out in a few days but that's the general gist of things.

Anyway currently listing on our platform is cheap as it's a beta release (thoroughly bug tested, it's safe) and we are trying to build our userbase and awareness of our product.  Trading using our platform is also cheaper than using exchanges as we only charge the blockchain transaction fee after initial listing.  One of our beginning goals with the escrow platform is to provide coins with limited exchange access a way to safely trade/sell their coins.  Listing cost is 1000 GDNC which comes out to about 150 USD.  As our full suite of software starts coming out and the scope of Guardian is recognized we are hoping to be the tide that lifts some other smaller but *extremely* valuable projects.  I am currently working to list Nerva and I believe having Blur on the platform would be beneficial too.

If you're interested in discussing it further let me know, send me a PM.  If you like you can look at our escrow platform:

https://escrow.guardiancoin.online/

No worries at all — I won’t ever bash or shy away from questions that have their root in critical reasoning and/or fundamental analysis. In my opinion, criticisms and competition are the main driving forces  that make a project or idea better. If it hasn’t been challenged, an idea has no basis to stand upon. On that point, small things like total supply and emission can make or break a project. Being perfectly honest, I didn’t see a way to go about changing metrics like that without forking into a new coin. My goal here is to be as transparent as humanly possible while obscuring the areas that necessitate such a “blur”. Transparency and privacy in the selective areas that benefit our userbase and network the most. A longer term goal is increasing ease of use (particularly with mining) for those who aren’t quite so tech savvy. Needless to say, that’s a bit far from where we’re at currently.  

I’ll follow up via Discord, since I just saw your message.

Haven’t heard of Guardian before so I’ll have sift through what information I can when I get a bit of free time. Always great to meet others who enjoy building things.
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:40:57 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 01:55:37 AM by DobroFenix

Roadmap:
July 2018
Exchange Listing(s)
Brave claim
Given that the coin still can not normally be recovered.

At what stage will the working version of the stratum be available?
I can not make a coin without a pool.
My servers issue 100-200 hashes, while the ryzen in people under 2000

No one except you and your premine had time to get the coins, and you were already going to the stock exchange to go out!
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:25:20 AM

This coin is not even a month old and there are already problems and accusations being thrown around, not a good start I must say although the main dev seems responsive and active.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

Roadmap:
July 2018
Exchange Listing(s)
Brave claim

No one except you and your premine had time to get the coins, and you were already going to the stock exchange to go out!

I'm not sure what you're taking issue with, here.  Given a long enough time mining, you'll have actually a greater chance of mining coins.  With pools you would need to contribute a share greater than the pool difficulty.  That's very unlikely if you're hashing 200 vs a pool of 2000s.  Luck is fair.  Diluting hashes to give fractions of coins while a pool operator takes commission, is not. 

The lesser of the two evils here results in A.) You receiving more coins.  B.) No single operator being able to launch a 51% attack and you potentially suffer a loss in an outright theft of coins.

NIKOLAY_TETUS

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:27:25 AM

Roadmap:
July 2018
Exchange Listing(s)
Brave claim

I'm not sure what you're taking issue with, here.  Given a long enough time mining, you'll have actually a greater chance of mining coins.  With pools you would need to contribute a share greater than the pool difficulty.  That's very unlikely if you're hashing 200 vs a pool of 2000s.  Luck is fair.  Diluting hashes to give fractions of coins while a pool operator takes commission, is not. 

The lesser of the two evils here results in A.) You receiving more coins.  B.) No single operator being able to launch a 51% attack and you potentially suffer a loss in an outright theft of coins.

Im mine about 24 hours with 1kh/s and did not guess a any block, why? And algorithm was not good because coin was mine only hi-end equipment.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

Roadmap:
July 2018
Exchange Listing(s)
Brave claim

Im mine about 24 hours with 1kh/s and did not guess a any block, why? And algorithm was not good because coin was mine only hi-end equipment.

You can calculate how long it will take you to mine a block by looking at the nethash, difficulty, and your own hashrate.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:08:39 AM

New binaries have been released for Blur v0.1.6 'Amorphous Glare'
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:45:32 AM

New binaries have been released for Blur v0.1.6 'Amorphous Glare'

What's new? Do I need to update?
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 03:42:36 AM

Don't know whether to start mining or not,problems at lunch

Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:52:16 AM

The asic, GPU resistance feature looks great but how much does a person mine on an old system?
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:36:16 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 04:56:08 AM by DobroFenix

The asic, GPU resistance feature looks great but how much does a person mine on an old system?

I failed to get a single block on AMD FX6300, although h/s is not bad

I do not want to make a pool - I'm talking about some kind of decentralization, although the network capacity is unrealistically high - it's unclear what it supports. either himself on the GPU and ASIC

I do not exclude the possibility that the developer produces coins (supports the network) on the GPU
Too much power of the network, given that the coin was just launched.

============================================

nethash: ~350 kH/s
Prior to this, netnash was 550-600 kH/s
1 ryzen 1700 get - 3 kH/s
I do not think that the developer has 150 hi-end ryzen machines.
Most likely there is somewhere there is a GPU miner

Gabriellla

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:06:09 AM

long-term project with a promising concept. has a goal to provide convenience and maximum results for the use of platforms. but it takes more effort and promotion to make this project successful and get lots of investors. I hope the development team can get it right.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

I do not want to make a pool - I'm talking about some kind of decentralization, although the network capacity is unrealistically high - it's unclear what it supports. either himself on the GPU and ASIC

I do not exclude the possibility that the developer produces coins (supports the network) on the GPU

You're incorrect, there.  I don't mine the currency myself, at all, apart from testing purposes.  I simply run the seed nodes with no mining in the background even.  There is a donate option, should you decide to put any of your HR toward my development fund... However, the donate option is disabled by default...

The reason you are finding less blocks can be due to "luck" which is a component of randomness, or the fact that in any blockchain, the easiest to mine blocks are mined first.  As the network progresses, blocks become increasingly difficult to solve, on average.  With a similar hashrate on an i7-7700HQ, I have seen similar results on occasion.  It really does vary a bit.
Nightz

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:38:03 PM

You're incorrect, there.  I don't mine the currency myself, at all, apart from testing purposes.  I simply run the seed nodes with no mining in the background even.  There is a donate option, should you decide to put any of your HR toward my development fund... However, the donate option is disabled by default...

The reason you are finding less blocks can be due to "luck" which is a component of randomness, or the fact that in any blockchain, the easiest to mine blocks are mined first.  As the network progresses, blocks become increasingly difficult to solve, on average.  With a similar hashrate on an i7-7700HQ, I have seen similar results on occasion.  It really does vary a bit.

It can be unlock, but as with most other coins that get launched by an unknown person the launch has been well prepared in advance and hardware has been set up to get an advantage. That is how it usually works and we all know it.
blurnetwork (OP)

The Blur Network

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 10:21:53 PM

It can be unlock, but as with most other coins that get launched by an unknown person the launch has been well prepared in advance and hardware has been set up to get an advantage. That is how it usually works and we all know it.

If you join my Discord server (or Telegram), I'm very transparent about being the sole individual behind this project.  I think that your opinion there is a gross generalization, as well as an inaccurate one.  If you believe that decentralized platforms are rigged to that extent, I'm not sure why you participate in supporting any network that would have practices such as those.  I wouldn't.
DobroFenix

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

What's new in the new version of the wallet?
Why is it only for Linux?
What does the mark on the 20000 checkpoint give?
Nightz

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

If you join my Discord server (or Telegram), I'm very transparent about being the sole individual behind this project.  I think that your opinion there is a gross generalization, as well as an inaccurate one.  If you believe that decentralized platforms are rigged to that extent, I'm not sure why you participate in supporting any network that would have practices such as those.  I wouldn't.

Isn't it right to say that 99% of "decentralized" platforms are rigged due to some premine, instamine or shady initial distribution?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: