Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam?  (Read 5441 times)
gabinsight

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:13:39 AM

There is no complete perfect or 100% way with which one can avoid scams.. However, the good way to reduce your chances of falling into scam ICOs is to have the patience to study the project and the team background.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Underlord

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:27:50 AM

My friends advise me before joining bounty you have to learn first the terms and conditions that exist, as well as check overall team, manager and web from ICO in question.
security is not guaranteed because blockchain does not have the authority to govern this, it depends on your knowledge and selection. not all bounty that gives big advantage has a good rating.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:32:31 AM

It is difficult to determine ICO scams because, scammers are now professionals.

All the discussion and information about to protect and get rid of scam projects, All this has been done by professional scammers.

So if we choose legit projects, it is also a good consultation with professionals who review legit ICO projects to protect us from scams. It's just a matter of paying, but we're definitely safe investing.
Yeah, that was I bolded above is a better way to determine which ICO's are good. Only professionals can smell if that project is smell like fishy and I'm sure that project is a scam. Like choosing a good and professional expert manager that who manage the ICO for the whole project they know much better than us because of many projects they handled.
Searching, reading and studying that's the major part that we something to do to know further in the project.

Actually, choosing a good manager not always solve the scam problem. Right now, I have a problem with Bitpaction bounty. The team seems will not pay the rewards. But Julerz as a campaign manager can't do anything about that.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:36:39 AM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?

The most common suggestions will be to review well the project and the team members in the google to check if they are legit persons and if the project is really exist but still it will be the regulation well protect the interest of the people that is why we need to support it to ensure that these scam ICO will be screen out from the good one.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:51:50 AM

The best way is to wait and see (yes, you will be slower than other) but better than rush in and got scammed.
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:00:32 AM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
We have to see the project that we will follow good or not because otherwise, we will not know whether we are avoiding fraud or are we exposed to fraud so from now on I am sure that you see and read before we invest or follow your project will be spared from fraud
southcat

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:00:59 AM

If you have no way to judge whether it is a scam, it is best not to invest, or not to do the rewards task, you can pay attention to forums, posts, news and other information about cryptocurrencies, first understand, then investment.
Hinugh

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:14:26 AM

To protect ourselves from scam is to always protect our personal information. We have to secure the information related specially to cryptocurrency. And if someone is trying to ask you for new investment then after few months it will double the profit without any hard work is a scam and you have to feel doubt and make some investigation and do background check.
Boyong02

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:18:43 AM

I can only say is just do your own diligence research when jumping into something in terms of crypto..
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

we can look unto something that is different from the traditional ICO, if the project is not that good to earn enough fund then you should avoid it but of course it end it depends to the team there were some ICO that ends successfully but the team run out.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:11:54 AM

Scam means we sent money or invest in an ICO and nit being paid after all. The teams just left us with his gotten a large amount of money. Only solution is to avoid investment so no possibilities someone scam your money. If you want then buy a coin not in ICO, pick currency which is already have volume in market exchange. Free to scam
rohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:21:13 AM

One way to avoid scam is to earn enough knowledge. Read about the projects you are to participate. Don't hesitate to ask someone about it. Protect your wallets, pivate keys and dont let it on your clip board because some might copy it and get all your funds. Be careful in phising sites.
tronghai12345

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:28:49 AM

You need to look into the projects whitepapers, their roadmaps and visions. Check to see if they are really making new progress and updates on their Github also (You should learn how to use Github).
ngochuyen0071

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:02:34 AM

The best way to avoid scammers is to raise own knowledge and to have some criticism towards at the first blush good looking projects. Good things usually don’t have big publicity and attracts people by itself.
anucrypto

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:51:54 PM

In crypto market , there are lots of project and most of them are ended as scam project . It is very difficult to determine about scam project .  You can be safe from by carefully research and study the project and its features that you join or invest . You will be careful to joining new links if you have any doubt  then dont send your private key .
likeishouldever

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:57:12 PM

It's pretty easy actually, you need to read a lot and you need to invest only into projects that seem bullet proof in terms of funding, team expertise and the idea needs to have sense of course.
MilesEldwin

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

Research! What else can I say?

There are a number of projects out there and you have to find the right one. Whitepapers are important, their competitors, problems being faced now and in future. What sector are they targeting? What is their target market and where is it based?

Check out these projects, I have studied them extensively and I think these are my favorites so far. Kleros, Liven, Ubex and RedCab.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:03:06 PM

It is very difficult at this  point to total move out of scam because there are still people who perform the act which happen to be the scammers so there will still be scam.But we could  help ourselves this i mean is making research on programs ensure they are legit before registering
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:51:10 PM

It's very hard to fight scammers in the crypto industry and scammers are now very and very much. I myself became a victim of scammers and it is very sad. I think soon clever people will come up with some kind of methods to fight fraudsters.

copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:00:15 PM

Many types of fraud, came up with the cryptocurrency. These are phishing sites, fraud in ICO, fake wallets, exchanges, etc. This should be dealt with comprehensively, and the main task is to protect your data from fraud. The first thing I recommend to do is not to store passwords from wallets, exchanges, e-mails on the computer, it is better to store on a separate removable disk. Second, it is all your tokens to store on hardware wallets, such as ledger nano s. And the third, the exchange and wallets to move only from pre-created bookmarks in the browser. This will eliminate the possibility of getting to a phishing site. Be careful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: