Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam?  (Read 5439 times)
chikucrypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:41:33 AM

I think to protect ourselves  from scam You have to collect more information about the project and it's team and take decision with patience do not hurry for investment.These are some tips by that you can save ourselves from scam.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:51:41 AM

the best way for us to be protected from fraud is to make good observations and analyzes on every project that you want to be involved in, pay attention to the project team, do verification on their team members, don't be easily tempted by bonuses and cheap prices, don't be greedy and continue do research.
Johnsonyu

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:02:42 AM

I think we can save or protect ourselves from scam or fraud through information fetched or collected about the project. Read about the whitepaper of the project. You can ask your colleagues you know how to recognize good bounties to help you confirm bounties authenticity of
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:40:33 AM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
We can not avoid that scammers do exist. The least that we can do is be cautious upon participating on any investment, either ICO or bounty campaign and airdrop. First thing we do is checking the legibility of the team and the project. Then securing our personal information and the  password to our online wallet to avoid being a hacker's victim.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
gatholocco

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:28:03 PM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?

as long as I join Crypto, I haven't found a way to protect myself from a scam. I think a scam is a risk that we have to face in cryptocurrency, we will not be able to avoid it, but to anticipate it the key is that we have to be careful, and of course do research before starting something in Crypto.
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:50:36 PM

There are several ways to protect ourselves but there is no 100% guarantee that it will save you from been scam... Scam project are all every where  so I don't think there is nothing that can be done to stop that..... You as a person before you invest on any ICO always make research first..... Most of the investors don't want to take their time to learn about crypto well all they are after is making money.... So I think making of research will protect us a little bit from scam.
AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:52:15 PM

only our knowledge can help us to avoid scams. the more this knowledge the less likely to get to the scammers.
RESPONSIBLE_

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:10:40 PM

Now SCAM projects look even better than normal projects that want to work. All the attention of the normal project is directed to the solution of the tasks set, and the scam projects have a kind of site and fashion photos of the fake team and nothing more.
Ania Alison

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

I think from this no one is insured. It is necessary before investing, to study in detail the project. In the world of crypto currency, there are a lot of scammers now.  Sad
dropper01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:14:59 PM

nothing can guarantee you can escape from a scam, because a scam is unpredictable even we have difficulty predicting it. what is clear is that we must be careful in choosing a project, it will minimize the scam.
irinakovallove

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:15:09 PM

You have to be very careful. Before you join a bounty program, analyze them. And so there is no way to guarantee that this or that project will be successful. And you need to investing only in proven coins.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:20:30 PM

In order to protect yourself from scam, you must take part only in those projects that you can trust as much as possible. The project should have an experienced, qualified team, strong sponsors and an innovative idea that wasn`t previously implemented. On the example of Caspian (https://caspian.tech) you can see all these factors. This is the guarantee of a successful project that inspires trust.
blockchain09

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:20:40 PM

some scam project maybe very hard to verify if it's legit or not, the idea is to make people to believe what they're doing and earn their trust so the only way to solve this is to trust your gut if the project is worth invest in or not.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

Obviously, the answer will be clear and the only answer. Experiences, knowledge and research are the most important factors in this sector and these are the main reasons for the biggest mistakes made by amateur investors. That is why it is necessary to acquire the experiences and experiences of research and others. Well, what kind of points need to be taken care of while researching? To give a brief description;

Project Technology: The technology that the project will present to us and how this technological infrastructure will be provided gives us important details about the project. Generally, many poor quality projects always specify the same technology goals and these targets are extremely simple, easy targets.

Project Team: The gold point is here, so you need to know more about the project's team to understand how good a project is. If there are qualified individuals on the project team, we can understand that the project is a good future. But it is also easy to understand that if the individuals involved in the project team had previously worked in poor quality projects, that project would not benefit.

Project Goals: It is very important to have information about the project's objectives and how they will reach them, because projects that do not have a good vision are often far from garbage.

Project Partners: A quality project can be a quality partner for itself without the need for advertising. For that reason, detailed information and research on project partners will help me to acquire a good knowledge of the project and to reach a conclusion.

It is possible to get good information about the project if we investigate a few details I mentioned above to the careful and fine details. Lastly, I would like to point out that it is also useful not to trust ICO scores because these scores can be increased with certain payments.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:44:11 PM

No one is immune to fraudulent projects, but we can reduce the risk of collision with scammers. All you need is a detailed study of the project.
jacksonhen

Activity: 158
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:44:41 PM

It is very difficult to distinguish a scam project and not, several times I was deceived because I was too confident without doing research first, to reduce the risk of scam you should study the project team and see some ICO benchmarks to see the rating of the project.

There are several websites like whois.com to find out domain names and identify anyone, even though that doesn't guarantee you avoid scams but at least you can reduce the risk of participating in a scam project.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:03:18 PM

There is no other way than educating ourself how to do some basic due diligence about the project when we want to invest on it.
Cryptocurrency is a good opportunity to investing our money, but some peoples misused this to scam and fraud others because they are greedy.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:15:32 PM

I think from this no one is insured. It is necessary before investing, to study in detail the project. In the world of crypto currency, there are a lot of scammers now.  Sad

I do not have complete opportunity to avoid cheating. We can only try to minimize the risk of being cheated by a deep analysis of the project and all its components. But even this may not save us from fraud.
thanhdatdat23

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:18:26 PM

First, stay away from MLM coin (lending coin) -> always scam. Second, only buy/sell with reliable exchange/exchanger or if you have to buy/sell with unknown person, you should do it through middle-man. Third, only invest when you know about that project well, do your own researches, not through media, friends...
becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:23:37 PM

It is hard to find a good projects, most of bounty and signature now are scam. There are many people are lost of this scam projects. Therefore, it also not in that easy finding and a bounty and protect from the scam. In this case, I also ask my friends about the good bounty and signature because I realize that I am not good finding the best projects. .

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: