Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam?  (Read 5450 times)
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:45:50 AM

active in forums or groups about bounties,
this can minimize us from fraudulent actions, especially about making transactions and so on, and don't use them more.

and for account security, it would be better if we activate 2FA,
and this method proved effective to fight and fight from hacker attacks,

Together, it will be much easier for us to define scam projects and avoid getting into them. The forum is already moving in this direction, and its effectiveness can not be overestimated. However, I would like so much more people to be more attentive and by all means try to define scam projects.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

I don't even know how I can protect myself from fraud. they are very difficult to distinguish from reality. I think that you should always re-check any information in several sources
nitammys

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:07:38 AM

Being very careful, that's the only thing needed to avoid falling victim to scams, put strong and secure passwords, always double check the links where you are and do not download something that does not come from a reliable source practice is to follow the indications of windows now that I think of it
If we will stay a longer time in the crypto communities and stay in connection with the expert people and ask from them about any of our step in the crypto investment or other things then gradually we will learn that how to stay away from the scammers in this place. We also have to go through all the news about the blockchain and the projects related to it.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:55:00 PM

Very much has happened like this. from ICO scam, phishing link. All the people are fooled by this problem. Indeed the crypto world is so vast. That's why many people become cheats in the crypto world. One way to avoid this problem is to always be careful of suspicious things. That's all you can do.

Nivugas

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:02:29 PM

IMO you should always check the team behind the project, that they really work on the project and have capabilities to do what they re planning.
LickKing

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

Do not participate in ICO's investment, do not trust any media news, do not trust any experts to give you investment advice, do not enter the telegram group of the altcoin project. When you are able to think independently, you can participate in transactions in the cryptocurrency market.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 09:42:54 AM

The best way is to invest time in research and improve your knowledge. That is the most effective way to protect yourself from fraud in this crypto space.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Considered

Activity: 504

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:52:02 PM

The best thing you can do for yourself to protect yourself from scammers is to make sure that you are very vigilant when it comes to doing anything that relates to your coins in any way. You can always take out extra time to make sure that you are on the right sites because phishing scams are one of the ways that people end up getting scammed the most

tuvic01
Copper Member

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

Can we really safe ourselves from this people, anyways we can be careful enough to avoid them and their trick though. We should make sure we read well about any bounty we want to do so as not to fall victim of their many tricks. We should also ask questions about any bounty we want to do too because this people come with fake bounty most of the time
Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

Never trust anybody. I have met so much scammers on Telegram that messaged my with an investment offer. I do not know how much people got scammed, but they are trying again and again to get access to your private key. Be aware guys.
Yes never trust to anyone must better we are the one on how to protect ourselves to those scammers, Actually in the telegram they too many on there sometimes they PM you even if you don't know who is that. And be careful also those link sending to you some of them are phising site.

NoobyIntellecutual

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:08:49 AM

Can we really safe ourselves from this people, anyways we can be careful enough to avoid them and their trick though. We should make sure we read well about any bounty we want to do so as not to fall victim of their many tricks. We should also ask questions about any bounty we want to do too because this people come with fake bounty most of the time

You are right, in the past I saw a number of people starting a campaign with their fake accounts but when I asked from the team members then they denied. It means that we have to remain in contact with the real team members of the project to stay away from the scammers.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

We must be a low profile in the cryptocurrency world in order for us to be the next crosshair target of the hackers. And hide offline your details partaking your wallet information and have a hardware wallet for more secured wallet.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Dessy88

Activity: 1050

Vave.com

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:36:30 PM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
we are here in addition to being smart in working on projects and investing, we also have to be smart in choosing the right projects, not to be deceived and also to be good at storing assets that we have privatized maybe because today fraudsters are smarter

Meizu

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:47:01 PM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
If a person is a beginner in the market, he is absolutely not immune from fraudulent projects, and I think like most of all beginners, just have to face such projects in order to begin to understand better in the future and bypass such projects by. But even the most experienced cryptanalyst can not be 100% sure of the success of start-UPS.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:56:11 AM

Scammers are scammers! i mean they are anywhere and intelligent of doing bad things only to make money. But we can prevent them, not 100 percent but in a simple way by doing some study and research things before interring or joining such program or things you want to involved with especially when talking about money.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:12:27 AM

Regulations which will set aside an anti-scam team responsible for checking the credentials of every project before it starts an ICO is the best way to avoid scam projects hitting the crypto market. But before this solution is actualized, the best way to avoid scam projects now is to perform a personal study on the project and based on your analytical findings, identify the authenticity of the project.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:41:42 AM

Every kind of business and investment has scam, you must do is to make some analysis or study if those investments are legit or scam. Don't amazed or hooked on those project that will return your capital in a short period of time or gain profit much higher compare to others.

Mesquito

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 01:45:02 AM

Investing on brand new and undervaluated projects can give more profit, but they are more risky.
You could consider investing on stable coins, by buying them on Coinbase (they haves bundles to make it easier) or on CoinBundle (they started the bundle investing concept and has been followed by Coinbase, and supports the top 20 coins). Do your research about scams: read the site, the whitepaper, see the competitors, if the project is solving a problem or is just a copy of others, if the team is verifiable, if they haves a working prototype, etc.
Bosmuda

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:02:35 AM

Of course this must be done if we want to avoid fraud, analyze an investment, about the benefits that will be given by an investment in the future, also for future profits we must understand it carefully, do not let us misstep in making an investment
Omnopon)

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:28:40 PM

Every kind of business and investment has scam, you must do is to make some analysis or study if those investments are legit or scam. Don't amazed or hooked on those project that will return your capital in a short period of time or gain profit much higher compare to others.
That’s what people are get hooked by, exactly: they look for big profits in short time and scammers use their impatience and greed against them. We should increase our vigilance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: