Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selfish Bitcoin holders? Are we now the evil greedy bankers of the future?  (Read 3696 times)
BitcoinSniper (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:31:09 PM

"Are are now the evil greedy bankers of the future?" I did not stat "we are now the evil greedy bankers of the future"
Yes I'm an evil greedy banker. Hopefully your scam project dies. Enjoy.

Hope I did not offend you. That was not my intention. You are a part of bitcoin thus my brother or sister in crypto. If you were offended I am truly sorry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto2k

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:33:31 PM

Greedy? I think you're in the middle of price crisis right now. The price of BTC/LTC has dropped big time and you're asking for free donation? You might have to wait until we all are comfortably good with the way BTC/LTC prices are going and that might not happen for a while or for a long time.  Undecided
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:34:24 PM

If I may offer you a bit of constructive criticism...

1: You website is amateurish at best.  Bitcoiners see a website like that and they think great, another scam.  I not saying you have to change your website.  I'm saying you'll have to work harder to convince us you are legit.

2: Calling us all greedy bankers will not win you any brownie points here, my friend.  Don't try to guilt us into supporting your cause.

3: You don't have any basic information front and center describing you project.  Who are you? How is it possible you can get something into space? Do you have contacts at NASA or something? How does it work? Are you building your own rocket? Where are you launching from?  Do you have a permit? Are the cops going to shut you down?  Are you going to burn your house down with this? Are you going to burn MY HOUSE down with this? etc.   Some basic info about what you are trying to do would go a long way towards generating support.

Thank you for your time to educating me. It means a lot to me when people take the time to share knowledge. I will update information. I outlined all of the information in the main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441303.0  

We will be using Weather balloons so no worries about legality . Weather balloons are launched all the time . The total weight of the craft will be 1-5 pounds .

It's a start.  Now tell us about you.  Who are you?  What is your experience with weather balloons?  Have you ever launched before?  Do you work with this tech everyday, or is it a hobby? Where do you launch from? How high will the balloon reach?  Is it tethered? or free floating? How will you retrieve the balloon? How much will it cost? Do you have contingencies if something goes wrong?

etc, etc

You need to spell out a good plan and details, details, details!  You are trying to accomplish an engineering feat therefore you have to prove to us that you have a detailed plan that has a chance of succeeding that a mere layman can't tear apart in 30 seconds.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

If you're using weather balloons, why don't you just do it this afternoon?

I don't know how much one costs, but buy a weather balloon, slap a shitty iPhone 3 onto it for filming, and launch it into space tomorrow morning.

There are tons of youtube videos of people screwing around, sending things into space.  Its really not that hard using this method.

And it will garner about as much interest as the effort required to do it.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:36:04 PM

i like the idea, but perhaps in like 5 years once and if some of us get really wealthy. Which has yet to occur.

I would like to open a 'branch' kind of like a bank, basically an office space perhaps across the street from a major branch like Bank of America, the store would be called BITCOIN.. It would operate as a nonprofit, funded by the bitcoin community. Now if anyone driving by or coming to/from the bank, has any questions regarding the many things people need to know about bitcoin, I can sit there with them on a computer that I supply, I show them how to operate coinbase, blockchain, BTC client, how to safely store bitcoins, And the goal in mind is get encourage most who come by why it is a wise idea for them to go home on their computer and buy some bitcoin. Making me NOT a money service business making it completely legal as nothing is bought or sold under my roof, however the longer term affects of people going out and buy 1 of 13million bitcoin will RAISE the price!

Kind of how I want to open a marijuana store in a non legal state, call the store "Marijuana" so the city and every one can get their panties in a bunch, advertise free marijuana, to create a buzz, get the police, dea, who ever stopping by searching for all the marijuana that does not exist, and use the space, and the people stopping by as a way to educate people how a dispensary looks, functions, etc. Educating the people first is the most powerful thing people can do to help their neighbor.

Let the town get into an uproar over the name marijuana have parents pissing their pants, whilst others are stopping by showing their support, police would get upset because no laws are being broken, the city would attempt to close me down, but free speech and the lack of illegal substances on premise would leave them with no ammo..

Awesome Ideas !!!! You are why bitcoin is awesome . You want to share information for Free by setting up a Bitcoin info center. You would Sacrifice your time to help build a better bitcoin  world. That’s awesome. When you open this center please PM me and I would happily donate to your cause
BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:42:11 PM

If I may offer you a bit of constructive criticism...

1: You website is amateurish at best.  Bitcoiners see a website like that and they think great, another scam.  I not saying you have to change your website.  I'm saying you'll have to work harder to convince us you are legit.

2: Calling us all greedy bankers will not win you any brownie points here, my friend.  Don't try to guilt us into supporting your cause.

3: You don't have any basic information front and center describing you project.  Who are you? How is it possible you can get something into space? Do you have contacts at NASA or something? How does it work? Are you building your own rocket? Where are you launching from?  Do you have a permit? Are the cops going to shut you down?  Are you going to burn your house down with this? Are you going to burn MY HOUSE down with this? etc.   Some basic info about what you are trying to do would go a long way towards generating support.

Thank you for your time to educating me. It means a lot to me when people take the time to share knowledge. I will update information. I outlined all of the information in the main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441303.0  

We will be using Weather balloons so no worries about legality . Weather balloons are launched all the time . The total weight of the craft will be 1-5 pounds .

It's a start.  Now tell us about you.  Who are you?  What is your experience with weather balloons?  Have you ever launched before?  Do you work with this tech everyday, or is it a hobby? Where do you launch from? How high will the balloon reach?  Is it tethered? or free floating? How will you retrieve the balloon? How much will it cost? Do you have contingencies if something goes wrong?

etc, etc

You need to spell out a good plan and details, details, details!  You are trying to accomplish an engineering feat therefore you have to prove to us that you have a detailed plan that has a chance of succeeding that a mere layman can't tear apart in 30 seconds.

Fantastic!! i will start writing up the details NOW and post them to the info thread and website. Thank you again for your advice .You have been so helpful .I would like to show my appreciation by giving you a AD spot. Please send me a logo or anything you would like added to the craft that takes the flag to space. Send the Image/Logo to support@bitcoinsniper.com or just send it here or PM
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:48:31 PM

* yawn *

if we don't take action you will be yawning yourself to Bitcoin value to $20 usd .

The idea that we have to create positive news to rocket bitcoin to the moon (pun intended) is counter-intuitive to letting bitcoin generate its own success through the improvements that it generates for its users.

we don't need PR gimmicks, Bitcoin will appreciate in time on its own.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:04:27 PM

Hope I did not offend you. That was not my intention. You are a part of bitcoin thus my brother or sister in crypto. If you were offended I am truly sorry
Yes and no.
You are kind of pushing us into donating towards your project. Why not push us into someone else's project?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:36:19 PM

I don't know how much one costs, but buy a weather balloon, slap a shitty iPhone 3 onto it for filming, and launch it into space tomorrow morning.

There are tons of youtube videos of people screwing around, sending things into space.  Its really not that hard using this method.

-B-
It is much more complex than that. We will be live streaming the entire mission .We will have 6 HD cams capturing the Event. We will be controlling the accent and decent with thrusters. Much Much more than just letting go of a balloon with a camera on it. To be 100% in control of the Mission we need to have the advanced thruster capabilities. So we can control accent and decent. We need the live streaming video so the world can take part of the Mission.
BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:43:17 PM

* yawn *

if we don't take action you will be yawning yourself to Bitcoin value to $20 usd .

The idea that we have to create positive news to rocket bitcoin to the moon (pun intended) is counter-intuitive to letting bitcoin generate its own success through the improvements that it generates for its users.

we don't need PR gimmicks, Bitcoin will appreciate in time on its own.

We are under attack with bad PR just look at Bitcoin news and see how it has crashed BTC prices . If we do not counter the Smear campaigns we will lose all value in the end. Keep in mind the value of BTC is given by the people if there is no more people BTC has no value. We need to create more BTC users to counter the people who are dumbing and getting out of it
BitcoinSniper (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:55:06 PM

please do no take offence to this thread. I am just getting frustrated carrying the weight of this mission by myself
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:05:40 PM

How do you expect to get the weather balloon up high enough with the payload you describe? I don't think gravity is being taken into consideration here!

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
kireinaha

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

-B-
It is much more complex than that. We will be live streaming the entire mission .We will have 6 HD cams capturing the Event. We will be controlling the accent and decent with thrusters. Much Much more than just letting go of a balloon with a camera on it. To be 100% in control of the Mission we need to have the advanced thruster capabilities. So we can control accent and decent. We need the live streaming video so the world can take part of the Mission.

Livestreaming a flag on a balloon. Hmm, what else is on TV?

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:21:23 PM

What is advanced thruster capabilities? Are we talking about electromagnetic propulsion systems. If so count me in.
kireinaha

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:28:28 PM

If you launch it over the border from South Korea into North Korea, I might pitch in.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:55:54 PM

If we do that, the detractors will just complain about us spewing excess rocket fuel polution into the atmosphere, and adding to the growing collection of space junk.
Would be tragic if that bitcoin flag ended up piercing and breaking the ISS, too.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:05:48 PM

i dont have to wait for the future because i am already my very own greedy central bank now ..
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

If I don't donate USD or bitcoin to some charity or project, they will declare me a greedy holder?
If I chose to donate or not is my choice. Now, you can be sure that I'll redirect everyone away from your project.
Regards,

~LM

there you have it folks.

Im sure there was a time when there weren't any selfish, greedy little fucks everywhere.  I'd donate but it would be so little Smiley  Put a dogecoin address.  (yeah that will piss people off too.....)

geeks are greedy
IsaacGoldbourne

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Looking to start various enterprises

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

Sorry but I will not be making a donation to someone I do not know to get a bitcoin flag in space. If Gabe were trying to raise the funds, sure.

Vote for me for CEO/CNO of MemoryCoin!
CEO: MVTEceoa86dYRsxc2rWCexBMjJmaawMkHZ
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:41:35 AM

Escrow or die.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: