Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for translations of the Bitcoin article in Wikipedia [upto 23 BTC]  (Read 18103 times)
Smothier

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 10:20:43 AM

Sorry to be the party pooper but the Bulgarian translation is just some automatic engine translation,even basic mistakes are not corrected and it has random english words and senteces left.It is useless and maybe damaging because it will leave bad taste in mouth for anybody who doesn't really know anything about bitcoin.

Its difficult to translate, I tried my best

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 10:58:42 PM

I'm willing to give up 10% of my bounty to fund translations. It's not much, but again my total BTC-holding is very low, and a big part of the incentive to work on the article was the coins. I also think the initially agreed upon bounties should be payed before you recalculate when starting a new thread. People seem to stick to this customary even for large amounts: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2072.0

To strengthen the bounty balance, I encourage the wealthier people in the community to help spread the word of Bitcoin by funding more translations.
Definitely:  to clarify, I intend to transfer the full amounts for qualifying translations, but I greatly thank you and any others who voluntarily choose to re-contribute given the massive rise in bitcoin value.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 07:18:44 AM

Japanese is coming by the end of next week.  We are starting on it today.

Bounty payments once it is complete can be sent to: 167n4G5VNtRNMnGtceDNfDEPLSuEa4jDBD

I will post again once it is done.

deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:25:16 AM

Romanian Translation coming soon Cheesy
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2011, 06:16:17 AM

Great work people, but keep in mind that as the OP says continuing bounties can't be guaranteed until we get more donations--there are already enough claims to exhaust the fund if they are all granted.  Translations made after I've taken over will likely fall under the purview of a new bounty formula based on increased bitcoin value, and some bounty winners may elect to re-contribute a little bit since bitcoins have gone up so much.  If you want to help accelerate this process, help me find people to review Finnish, Italian, etc.

Feedback seems to be that Bulgarian needs a little bit more work.  The purpose of this bounty is to encourage quality translations, so I definitely appreciate your work on this Smothier, but we need to keep the bar high.  If you can get it to the level where fluent Bulgarian speakers give it a solid review you are still in line for a bounty.  Perhaps you can find someone who will help you and then split it with you?

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
Orbit45244

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 06:21:03 AM

Would you accept an Esperanto translation? It is a real language and it has its own Wikipedia, but some people have ideological difficulties with it and don't consider it a language.

Ĉu vi akceptus unu Esperanttradukon? Ĝis unu fakta lingvon kaj ĝi havos ĝis posedos Vikipedio, escepte kelkaj homojn havos malideologifacilaj kaj nerigardindie ĝi unu lingvo.
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2011, 07:55:08 AM

I think that since there are so few native speakers of Esperanto, and even fewer people who would be unable to learn of BitCoin unless there were an Esperanto article, that it's probably not in keeping with what this bounty is designed for.  The point is to make sure as many people as possible have access to information about BitCoin.

It would still be really cool to have one, though!  Maybe I should try and get one done up for Lojban.  Don't forget, people, you can also chip in for a specific language if you really want to see an article for it.

avialias

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:53:13 PM

HI....

I have translated wiki Bitcoin from english language to Croatian...It is new and current version of wiki page.
I did not publish it yet on wiki, because I am waiting for you to contact me about reward...

You can contact me @email or PM...and you can tell me when to publish it and what is the reward for it...

I can translate Bitcoin wiki pages from english language to other eastern european languages...

Contact me...

thx...

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:06:24 PM

What is the point of holding the translation ransom?

I'm crossing my fingers someone else publishes a translation first and gets the money

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 01:45:08 AM

HI....

I have translated wiki Bitcoin from english language to Croatian...It is new and current version of wiki page.
I did not publish it yet on wiki, because I am waiting for you to contact me about reward...

You can contact me @email or PM...and you can tell me when to publish it and what is the reward for it...

I can translate Bitcoin wiki pages from english language to other eastern european languages...

Contact me...

thx...
As mentioned above and referenced in the OP the fund does not currently have enough donations for more awards.  When the new thread and formula are launched hopefully we will be able to keep incentivising translations.

I'm crossing my fingers someone else publishes a translation first and gets the money
I don't understand what this means.  According to this post and the blockchain, your bounty was paid out to 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX .  As far as the others, I am still waiting for them to be reviewed by speakers of those languages before I can award bounties, and launch the new thread/formula with a correct balance (if any).  Work on this has slowed because I'm not on the forums much right now.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 10:28:47 PM

I don't understand what this means.  According to this post and the blockchain, your bounty was paid out to 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX .  As far as the others, I am still waiting for them to be reviewed by speakers of those languages before I can award bounties, and launch the new thread/formula with a correct balance (if any).  Work on this has slowed because I'm not on the forums much right now.

It was a response to the guy that is not publishing the translation until he gets paid.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 05:19:13 AM

It was a response to the guy that is not publishing the translation until he gets paid.

Ahh, sorry about that.  Too many other things on my mind right now I'm afraid.

nakedman

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

I just got started on translating the text to danish. Just wanted to make sure that no one else is doing so Smiley
vamdor

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:23:54 PM

Hungarian version is up: http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Actually it isn't an exact translation of the English article as I found that kinda confusing and illogically structured, so I restructured it quite a bit. I am not really sure if it is any better now this way, but I hope it is still acceptable.

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:54:10 AM

bounty payout bump
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: