Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am done with Cryptsy... please help me find another exchange  (Read 4121 times)
tenaciouzd (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:45:25 PM

We’ve just completed setting up a new wallet for DOGE deposits.   Your old deposits addresses will continue to work, however the old wallet is not processed at often as the new one. If you are trading in a method that requires fast speed, then I’d recommend generating a new address.

The very large amount of activity in our main hot wallet for DOGE presented us with a couple issues:

1. The processing time it took to process new transactions into the wallet hindered the wallets ability to stay up to date with the network.    Generally it was 50-100 blocks behind in downloading the chain.   Thus causing a delay.

2. The size of the wallet database became extremely large, even running bitcointools to clean the wallet did not help.    Because of this, writing new transactions to the wallet database became slower as the database size increased.   This in turn created a vicious cycle with item #1.

So what did I do?

I have setup a brand new hot wallet for new addresses to be generated.   Since this wallet is new, it will be fast.   You are not required to generate a new deposit address, as the old hot wallet is still monitored for activity.

What you can do to help:

You can help us by trying to maximize your deposit amounts.   Dust transactions (Very small transactions) can clutter the wallet.  So if you can, try to send one large transaction instead of several small ones.

BigVern

It is simply amazing that fucking ignorant morons like the OP continue to make these FUD threads. The above post was pulled directly from cryptsy's twitter feed. Lots of information regarding downtime / issues if you ever bothered to fact check rather than start bitching about probably $10-$12 worth of dogecoin a day (if you're that concerned with daily profits, that means you're barely making anything to make mining worth it in the first place.) Trying to automate everything with auto-selling and pool-switching is just about the worst idea you can possibly have (not to mention auto-selling tacks on extra fee, which is funny considering you're not bitching about THAT). That's like saying you're going to throw a bag of money at the doors to a bank and hope someone takes it inside for you to deposit it in your account. You have to do the work to make the profits. Whoever told you this was easy or a get rich quick scheme was just leading you on. Sure, you can make money the way you're doing it, but only if you like earning pennies rather than dollars. Blame your own failure to adapt profitable investing strategies like the rest of the 1,000s of users including myself who use cryptsy every day. Time your buys, identify market trends, and you'll make heaps more than scrambling to unload a few thousand DOGE and screaming at your computer all day.

How is it FUD? Real people have real problems with cryptsy. Waiting 4 hours now for my doge withdraw to even receive a TXID. That ticket was my second one open at the same time because I had WDC stuck in no mans land for 48 hours. To top that off EVERY deposit I have made since December that wasn't BTC has gotten stuck and I had to open a ticket. Not there wasn't a lot of them thats because I have tried to stop using them, but they have volume others don't on certain coins. I for one am done atleast for another month I might give it another try.
BTer hard on the eyes, but they have a trader app that looks decent. Not if my dog withdraw will show up on the dog chain that would be nice. You are obviously the ignorant moron so fuck off Big Vern nuthugger.

Thanks for BTer.com. Checked it out and looks good. High volume on doge, same price as cryptsy, and 33% lower fee. Will try them out.
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

We’ve just completed setting up a new wallet for DOGE deposits.   Your old deposits addresses will continue to work, however the old wallet is not processed at often as the new one. If you are trading in a method that requires fast speed, then I’d recommend generating a new address.

The very large amount of activity in our main hot wallet for DOGE presented us with a couple issues:

1. The processing time it took to process new transactions into the wallet hindered the wallets ability to stay up to date with the network.    Generally it was 50-100 blocks behind in downloading the chain.   Thus causing a delay.

2. The size of the wallet database became extremely large, even running bitcointools to clean the wallet did not help.    Because of this, writing new transactions to the wallet database became slower as the database size increased.   This in turn created a vicious cycle with item #1.

So what did I do?

I have setup a brand new hot wallet for new addresses to be generated.   Since this wallet is new, it will be fast.   You are not required to generate a new deposit address, as the old hot wallet is still monitored for activity.

What you can do to help:

You can help us by trying to maximize your deposit amounts.   Dust transactions (Very small transactions) can clutter the wallet.  So if you can, try to send one large transaction instead of several small ones.

BigVern

It is simply amazing that fucking ignorant morons like the OP continue to make these FUD threads. The above post was pulled directly from cryptsy's twitter feed. Lots of information regarding downtime / issues if you ever bothered to fact check rather than start bitching about probably $10-$12 worth of dogecoin a day (if you're that concerned with daily profits, that means you're barely making anything to make mining worth it in the first place.) Trying to automate everything with auto-selling and pool-switching is just about the worst idea you can possibly have (not to mention auto-selling tacks on extra fee, which is funny considering you're not bitching about THAT). That's like saying you're going to throw a bag of money at the doors to a bank and hope someone takes it inside for you to deposit it in your account. You have to do the work to make the profits. Whoever told you this was easy or a get rich quick scheme was just leading you on. Sure, you can make money the way you're doing it, but only if you like earning pennies rather than dollars. Blame your own failure to adapt profitable investing strategies like the rest of the 1,000s of users including myself who use cryptsy every day. Time your buys, identify market trends, and you'll make heaps more than scrambling to unload a few thousand DOGE and screaming at your computer all day.

How is it FUD? Real people have real problems with cryptsy. Waiting 4 hours now for my doge withdraw to even receive a TXID. That ticket was my second one open at the same time because I had WDC stuck in no mans land for 48 hours. To top that off EVERY deposit I have made since December that wasn't BTC has gotten stuck and I had to open a ticket. Not there wasn't a lot of them thats because I have tried to stop using them, but they have volume others don't on certain coins. I for one am done atleast for another month I might give it another try.
BTer hard on the eyes, but they have a trader app that looks decent. Not if my dog withdraw will show up on the dog chain that would be nice. You are obviously the ignorant moron so fuck off Big Vern nuthugger.

Thanks for BTer.com. Checked it out and looks good. High volume on doge, same price as cryptsy, and 33% lower fee. Will try them out.
i'd look around, if you think Cryptsy is bad wait til you see some of the stuff about Bter's customer service and deposits

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 11:52:33 PM by BitCoinPokerBro

Primarily all I use is BTC/LTC/DOGE. DOGE is almost always the most profitable for multipool, so that's what I am always mining. I am sick and tired of the amount of time it takes from when I get my notification of funds being transferred to my cryptsy wallet that they actually do show up in my account. And lately I have been having to open tickets just to get my damn transactions to go to my account. I am not going to open a ticket for every single transfer I make to their wallets. And with this huge delay it defeats the purpose of even mining the 7777 port to switch to most profitable coins because by the time you cash out and they show up in your account you lost money by not just sticking to DOGE. Le alone when you open a ticket, they will randomly change the ticket from being process to say awaiting your response, and they have not even replied back on the tick so you know what the hell they are waiting for a response for. And on top of that the worthless auto sell feature doesn't even work properly. Works on 10% of my deposits, which seems to be only the smaller ones. My larger deposits never auto sell. And yes, I have checked the limits and I am not going over the 1-******** setting with these deposits that do not auto sell. So I have to go in and manually sell everything even though I have specified it to auto sell. Like the other day I initiated a transfer of DOGE 10x larger then my next by about 4 hours. The one i sent 4 hours later that was about 10x smaller went through before the other one I made 4 hours before, and autosold. The 10x larger one showed up 2 hours after the smaller one, and didn't autosell. So I waited 6 more hours in total over the smaller one sent that a requested after the larger one. Short story short it took 17 hours to get 8,500 doge into my crypsty account after being confirmed by the blockchain. Luckily, the price didn't drop in this amount of time, which it easily could have. It was not like this when DOGE wasn't as valuable. It was very quick.

So does anyone know a exchange that works with these 3 primary coins that is fast and efficient and wont pull the bullshit cryptsy pulls. Thanks.

My top 4 from the above list

Coinedup - Slow but trustworthy

Coinmarkets - Not as many coins as other markets, but reliable notheless.

CryptoRush - No complaints about this exchange, except I think they take bribes to add new coins. The proof is they added 2 5% premine coins on the same day which never were mined by anyone (BEER and Pizza Coin). Everyone shat all over both OP threads for being a greedy fak head. Seriously doubt anyone actually mined those coins.

Swisscex - Awesome exchange! Vary professional design, especially like the search function. Only problem is they are in the process of upgrading wallet services so deposits can take 30min to an hour. It's not much if any slower than a bitcoin deposit to coinedup. Honestly it's somewhat mind boggling more people aren't using this as a mainstay exchange.

Site's I'd advise not using =

Mintpal - Clearly an exchange started for 2 specific coins. After their exchange went "down for maintenance" at the most suspiciously convenient time (coin was added to another exchange) I was not able to login afterwards. (Which is odd because I have LastPass to save login info and generate unique pass codes) Nor was the password recoverable due to misspelling security questions or information being deleted from server? Anyways, long story short I lost a bunch of coins due to whatever happened.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

Primarily all I use is BTC/LTC/DOGE. DOGE is almost always the most profitable for multipool, so that's what I am always mining. I am sick and tired of the amount of time it takes from when I get my notification of funds being transferred to my cryptsy wallet that they actually do show up in my account. And lately I have been having to open tickets just to get my damn transactions to go to my account. I am not going to open a ticket for every single transfer I make to their wallets. And with this huge delay it defeats the purpose of even mining the 7777 port to switch to most profitable coins because by the time you cash out and they show up in your account you lost money by not just sticking to DOGE. Le alone when you open a ticket, they will randomly change the ticket from being process to say awaiting your response, and they have not even replied back on the tick so you know what the hell they are waiting for a response for. And on top of that the worthless auto sell feature doesn't even work properly. Works on 10% of my deposits, which seems to be only the smaller ones. My larger deposits never auto sell. And yes, I have checked the limits and I am not going over the 1-******** setting with these deposits that do not auto sell. So I have to go in and manually sell everything even though I have specified it to auto sell. Like the other day I initiated a transfer of DOGE 10x larger then my next by about 4 hours. The one i sent 4 hours later that was about 10x smaller went through before the other one I made 4 hours before, and autosold. The 10x larger one showed up 2 hours after the smaller one, and didn't autosell. So I waited 6 more hours in total over the smaller one sent that a requested after the larger one. Short story short it took 17 hours to get 8,500 doge into my crypsty account after being confirmed by the blockchain. Luckily, the price didn't drop in this amount of time, which it easily could have. It was not like this when DOGE wasn't as valuable. It was very quick.

So does anyone know a exchange that works with these 3 primary coins that is fast and efficient and wont pull the bullshit cryptsy pulls. Thanks.

My top 4 from the above list

Coinedup - Slow but trustworthy

Coinmarkets - Not as many coins as other markets but reliable service.

CryptoRush - No complaints about this exchange, except I think they take bribes to add new coins. The proof is they added 2 5% premine coins on the same day which never were mined by anyone (BEER and Pizza Coin's). Everyone shat all over OP for being a greedy fak head. Seriously doubt anyone actually mined those coins.

Swisscex - Awesome exchange! Vary professional design, I especially like the search function. Only problem is they are in the process of upgrading wallet services so deposits can take 30min to an hour. It's not much if any slower than a bitcoin deposit to coinedup. Again vary professional design. Somewhat mind boggling more people aren't using this as a mainstay exchange. 100's of coin pairs!

Site's I'd advise not using =

Mintpal - Clearly an exchange started for 2 specific coins. After their exchange went "down for maintenance" at the most suspiciously convenient time (coin was added to another exchange) I was not able to login afterwards. (Which is odd because I use LastPass which saves login info) Nor was the password recoverable due to misspelling security questions or information being deleted from server? Anyways, long story short I lost a bunch of coins due to whatever happened.

Coinedup is MUCH faster than it used to be. I like it, it just lacks volume for coins that are on the big alt exchanges bter/cryptsy/ coinex.pw seems to be getting bigger but I think they are more on par with coinedup size.
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:54:26 PM

Vircurex is faster. Cryptsy is adding too many coins beyond their capacity.
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:18:35 AM

But Yes, Cryptsy has always been very good for me.

I have never had any serious issues and any minor ones that required a ticket, taken care of in an hour or so.

~BCX~

You're so full of shit.

Hi.
tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

But Yes, Cryptsy has always been very good for me.

I have never had any serious issues and any minor ones that required a ticket, taken care of in an hour or so.

~BCX~

You're so full of shit.

Indeed he is. Guess that long time newbie doesn't realize anyone can see any post he has made. Go ahead and look through them. He has bitched about his deposits not showing up as well. Oh the irony.
kb9nate

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:06:22 AM

[/quote]
i'd look around, if you think Cryptsy is bad wait til you see some of the stuff about Bter's customer service and deposits
[/quote]

Bter was one of my favorites till this recent bullshit. Tried to withdraw BTC last night and got some strange error, emailed support and they just said it would be put in line to be looked at. This morning I look and it just says "Pending Transaction" no TXid or anything. Then since about 8 hours ago when you go to the withdraw page to check it, a box pops up saying "resyncing the block chain, be back later" WTF, 8 hours later and still nothing, nor any updates from them on their site or replies to email...It's stuff like that that turns people off from cryptos. I understand every site has problems, but at least keep people up to date on what the developments are with the problem. It goes a long way to have good communication with your customers.

I've seen some other pools/exchanges have issues before but they at least communicated well with the users and that makes a huge difference in my book.

As far as the original question, I'd recommend Vircurex.com  They seem to be the best working exchange I've found yet. Coinedup.com isn't to bad either, a lot of people complain about the look of the site or the page taking a while to refresh, but hey, it works every time, and its free!
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:18:07 AM

I have had good luck with coinedup.  They are not nearly as slow as they used to be and will be implementing a .1% fee at the end of the month which addressed my worry that their plan was to Run Off with the Coins (TM).

Vircurex is also great but I found their withdrawal fees a bit punitive.
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:49:06 AM

Depends on whether you are based in the US or not. If yes, I'd advise sticking with a domestic exchange unless you love filing FATCA and FBAR every year.
duhosnyul

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:51:38 AM

I'm using cryptsy for a long time now. My only problem is the delay but it is only a few hours other than that they are honest to me.

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

There is NO doubt at all that cryptsy ALWAYS has large delays on deposits when any decent market moves happen on coins with a lot of transactions. 

If their site is fucked up or if they just manipulate the markets with these tactics we don't really know. I tend to think it is the latter.

Sometimes it works out well, and others not so much. I think they will get busted in the end if they don't get their act together.

I think they slow (new market ) deposits down so that the market is not crashed by new dumpers. However they should not really be allowed to do this even if it is best for the coin and their pockets.  They also mine and have favourites amongst the coins and this is bad too. The exchange should be neutral and allow market forces to dictate the prices/movements.

As other exchanges grow cryptsy will not be able to do this as much as they have. Right now though they are still the premier alt trading exchange really and i think their platform works well and fast when they want it to.

I don't think they will steal your deposits but i do think they manipulate the markets to their own ends. This could be a big issue for them and ruin a good thing in the end.

Their customer support is okay but not the best.

I wonder how many hours today a doge deposit will take.... i see 6 hours and counting already....what a shocker.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:19:31 AM

Well I've had problems with Cryptsy too but I'm impressed with their undertaking. They seem to be getting a lot better, atleast they aren't like Mt Gox, when was the last time you saw the Mt Gox guys post here?
cthulu1

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:29:22 AM

So what did I do?

What you can do to help:

BigVern

This information should be directly on the site. I shouldn't have to follow their twitter account to be in the know how to make their website function correctly you stupid arrogant cunt. I don't give a flipping fuck how much you or I make doing what we do every day. I already have a job and contribute to society and do this on the side as a hobby. Get over yourself.

God forbid you have to move your finger on the mouse, scroll the page to the bottom of the first page you see when you log in, and tell me....what do you see? Oh, that's right, a direct link to their twitter feed that explains the problem with a link to the blog. It explains it in the fucking dashboard man. If you're really that clueless on the user interface for that website, and are really complaining about clicking through one link to read some important info, then your problems are deeper than cryptsy and move into laziness and pathetic entitlement. That whole microwave-attitude, gotta have it here and now, is the reason your hair is going grey before mine. Keep blowing that smoke you adorable little mess.

I posted that quote so that all the retards here crying that their DOGE is stuck, or not going through, or gone, or whatever stupid conspiracy theory you kids have these days is all explainable, and has been explained. Simply because you don't accept it, or understand the technical side of it, doesn't mean that it's any less right. I also posted it to help inform people like that guy on the last page complaining about not receiving a 26 DOGE transaction, which is not even 1/1000th of a penny, that people and actions like that are the SOLE reason their hardware and software is under load and could be avoided by RTFM. If you guys can't handle the stress of money trading, then you picked the wrong hobby obviously. PRO TIP - Actually reading the info that admins write to customers usually is meant to help the end-user. Avoiding it because you don't want to go to a different website makes the problem your own - PRO TIP # 2.
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:42:43 AM

Tons of excitement on mcxNow.  Will be launching DOGE likely some time tomorrow.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:52:40 AM

Tons of excitement on mcxNow.  Will be launching DOGE likely some time tomorrow.

the more the better, i see btc-e troll box rife with angry traders missing out on doge gold Smiley  they must be under pressure to add that coin now.

matrixfighter

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:57:24 AM

Quark was added to https://c-cex.com today, so I started testing it out.  It is like BTC-E.com with USD access and trollbox - but it's all just faster and nicer.  Given that Quark confirmations take only 3o seconds, trading on this new C-Cex.com is simply AWESOME and FUN!!!  Deposits take less than 1 minute and withdrawals arrive at your wallet INSTANTLY!!! (although, because it is Quark still take 30 seconds to confirm).

It is a new site, but if there is enough trading volume there, we can forget about Cryptsy.com and BTC-E.com altogether.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

any new exchange is great news, spread the load. Also too centralized with just cryptsy to break every time a coin spikes.

tenaciouzd (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

So what did I do?

What you can do to help:

BigVern

This information should be directly on the site. I shouldn't have to follow their twitter account to be in the know how to make their website function correctly you stupid arrogant cunt. I don't give a flipping fuck how much you or I make doing what we do every day. I already have a job and contribute to society and do this on the side as a hobby. Get over yourself.

God forbid you have to move your finger on the mouse, scroll the page to the bottom of the first page you see when you log in, and tell me....what do you see? Oh, that's right, a direct link to their twitter feed that explains the problem with a link to the blog. It explains it in the fucking dashboard man. If you're really that clueless on the user interface for that website, and are really complaining about clicking through one link to read some important info, then your problems are deeper than cryptsy and move into laziness and pathetic entitlement. That whole microwave-attitude, gotta have it here and now, is the reason your hair is going grey before mine. Keep blowing that smoke you adorable little mess.

I posted that quote so that all the retards here crying that their DOGE is stuck, or not going through, or gone, or whatever stupid conspiracy theory you kids have these days is all explainable, and has been explained. Simply because you don't accept it, or understand the technical side of it, doesn't mean that it's any less right. I also posted it to help inform people like that guy on the last page complaining about not receiving a 26 DOGE transaction, which is not even 1/1000th of a penny, that people and actions like that are the SOLE reason their hardware and software is under load and could be avoided by RTFM. If you guys can't handle the stress of money trading, then you picked the wrong hobby obviously. PRO TIP - Actually reading the info that admins write to customers usually is meant to help the end-user. Avoiding it because you don't want to go to a different website makes the problem your own - PRO TIP # 2.

No dumbass, the feed just says they upgraded the wallet with a link to a blog. It doesn't say a damn thing to click her for instructions to not make your transfers take a day. Maybe they can take a hint from multipool and put it clear as day on the main page. Its really not that difficult. Or learn how to convey in the tweet that there is important information in the blog link. They can't assume everyone has been doing this forever and knows when a wallet is upgraded a new address for the wallet is required. How am I the idiot for them not letting me know properly. I have been using the site for 2-3 weeks tops. There is a huge difference between deposits when I started to now for DOGE. If you say otherwise your full of shit. And contrary to what their site says with the more deposits you do the faster "to gain trust" or some shit is completely wrong. The truth of the matter is DOGE has exploded and their shit system cant handle the volume.

How many tickets would this have saved them? Please mr BitJohn, how many tickets were you guys swamped with because you didn't relay this information in a more effective way? The probably not even got to them yet since I still haven't got an answer to my ticket on why autosell does not work.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1159
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:35:14 PM

i have 11 doge that have been stuck with  five confirms on cryptsy for 3 weeks already

Really it was worth it to you to write this. If you were on reddit sure i would have tipboted you but here???
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: