Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People call bitcoin a fraud or ponzi scheme  (Read 4442 times)
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:55:38 PM

Anyone can call it ponzi scheme and fraud but if you think of it, everything worldly is fraud. You buy apple products with thousands of dollars but how much are they really worth? Why would people give out thousands of dollars for a macbook when they can buy a laptop for $300? Is it really worth that much or is it just another ponzi scheme that apple is bringing to the world better gadgets than any other brands? So we're talking about bitcoin now. What are we really paying for when we buy bitcoin? We pay for an online program and the people running the program helping transactions go through, or we call mining. Miners put in so much time and most especially the cost of mining is so much. That is merely the reason why bitcoin will cost much and if incase it will dive too low and will not be enough to pay for miners, then that could be the time bitcoin will die, or not.

This kind of people doesn't really know what is the reality of bitcoin, how does bitcoin help people.  they always thought that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. They have no idea and knowledges about the importants of bitcoin that's why they always say negative information about bitcoin.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 12:00:10 AM

For some instances yes it may be fraud because of some phising sites that tell you go to the website and earn btc in just a moment.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:19:19 AM

Anyone can call it ponzi scheme and fraud but if you think of it, everything worldly is fraud. You buy apple products with thousands of dollars but how much are they really worth? Why would people give out thousands of dollars for a macbook when they can buy a laptop for $300? Is it really worth that much or is it just another ponzi scheme that apple is bringing to the world better gadgets than any other brands? So we're talking about bitcoin now. What are we really paying for when we buy bitcoin? We pay for an online program and the people running the program helping transactions go through, or we call mining. Miners put in so much time and most especially the cost of mining is so much. That is merely the reason why bitcoin will cost much and if incase it will dive too low and will not be enough to pay for miners, then that could be the time bitcoin will die, or not.
There are many people who doesn’t consider bitcoin to be very much trust worthy and feel bitcoin is a fraud or a Ponzi world like a chit fund who will run after collecting people money and moreover the governments and media are also not in favour of bitcoin and thus there fore keeps on demotivating people from not investing into bitcoin like Warren Buffett said that bitcoin is a bubble and will burst soon but I believe that bitcoin is very sustainable crypto currency and it will lasts for many decades:
jpnl0002

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:53:46 PM

I feel everyone is entitled to his or her opinion if they feel its a ponzi scheme fine and let others do the ponzi scheme and make their money most persons do not have enough concrete on information they just make their own judgement.
Abrefatotherescue

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:21:24 PM

People fail to do their research. Also their ineptitude is their own doing. I'd rather I focus on cryptocurrency whiles they focus on their own thing. If it's ponzi,its my problem
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

I feel everyone is entitled to his or her opinion if they feel its a ponzi scheme fine and let others do the ponzi scheme and make their money most persons do not have enough concrete on information they just make their own judgement.
We all felt and said those things for sure, that bitcoin was a ponzi scheme so there is no difference, we just need to let them and understand what bitcoin really is since they don't know what they are still talking about so let's help them not hate.

Watch out for this SPACE!
UniQue7

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

I mean it does use Ponzi Scheme tactics in a sense a lot of websites use it in this manner but I think it's just like that because of the scammers.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:10:26 PM

I mean it does use Ponzi Scheme tactics in a sense a lot of websites use it in this manner but I think it's just like that because of the scammers.
Well still a lot of people and countries don't like or were not yet in favor of bitcoin or any cryptocurrency, but let us not worry about it for sure that people will finally see the goodness of everything and will eventually see bitcoin as an opportunity and a big help in the economy.
sandisunny

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:17:53 PM

BTC is not a ponzi scheme neither is it a fraud, though people tend to use it to carryout fraudulent activities but it is far from being a ponzi scheme. If it was a ponzi scheme then it would have crashed a long time a ago since most ponzi scheme are being controlled by some group of persons, but btc is decentralized there  by allowing every individuals to take responsibility for all their transactions. Now that to me is what makes btc outstanding.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:24:03 PM

In itself Bitcoins is not actually a Ponzi scheme, it falls under the same criteria as gold and therefore cannot be labeled as a scam. Others take advantage of naivety of certain bitcoin users and scam them by promising high returns on their investments.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:25:06 PM

Well I gess OP is pushing it to much on the example given, because we can't really call Apple a ponzy scheme because they do offer a top quality product, and people are not trying to get profit from the product. They pay that much for the product in order to use it, because they think they are worth that price.

I do think you are right when you ask what is the real price for bitcoin, and yes, we can't call it a ponzy scheme as well, because people should be able to put a value to bitcoin, and decide if they are worth that much or not. The problem right now, is that we can't really use bitcoin, and that's why we have so much speculation on these markets. We are paying based on a hope right now, and I guess that's why some people call it a ponzy.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:00:52 PM

Actually you cannot blame them, even though the bitcoins is really legit company;
there are lots of people in this world used the company of bitcoin in fraud schemes or activities just to earned dirty money.
EffahTom

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:37:06 PM

They just do not know what they say.
Sydney Chapman

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:40:10 PM

The answer is no. Bitcoin is a real cryptocurrency that proves blockchain works. People are using it to buy real things. The IRS wants to collect real taxes on the profits people are making.
The huge price increase makes people wonder if it is speculative bubble, but a bubble is not a scam.
Cryptocurrencies may be hard to understand, but that does not make them a scam.
James Fleming

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:47:23 PM

No bitcoin is not scam and other ponzi schem.

Some people is waste mouth publicity.they are no aware new technology and no understand for new technology. Crypto assect is new anvision for assect level .This no ponzi scheme.this anvision is prove we are no need for other midearte.
buy_crypt_sell

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:54:44 PM

Everyone thinks as he is more profitable. But personally I think people who think that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme is absolutely not literate in cryptography. If you want to know a little bit about how this technology works, then you will realize that bitcoin is not a ponzi.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:55:01 PM

If anyone says bitcoin is ponzi it means the person do not know how ponzi scheme operates. Ponzi scheme is simply a process of stealing from peter to pay paul. Some that have the intension of scamming people will steal from peter and steal still from paul with empty promises to both of them. Bitcoin cannot be compare to ponzi scheme in any way.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:25:02 PM

That kind of peoples called haters. Haters always hate and they talk without knowing what is they talking about.
I usually don't want to wasting my time for them. If they think bitcoin is a ponzi, just tell them to leave bitcoin and never involve on it again.
Later they will see me with my wealth because my profit that i gained from cryptocurrency.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tsmc103

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:54:23 AM

All peoples have different opinions, peoples who say bitcoin is a ponzi scheme they definitely get loss with bitcoins because they don't know where to invest some peoples don't know what is bitcoin and blockchain technology. with this kind of statements never changed bitcoin blockchain technology and never control investors. because bitcoin is a decentralized currency and anyone can use.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:57:07 AM

because there are still many people who do not know what bitcoin is and how it works. then I think education is needed about bitcoin to introduce the bitcoin to peoples
I felt bad for them for hating bitcoin despite its greatness and value to other people. I just don't understand why there are people who keeps on saying bad things with a system that is really beneficial. I think instead of them making bad statements against bitcoin they should try it and be one of those people that benefita from bitcoin itself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: