Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People call bitcoin a fraud or ponzi scheme  (Read 4446 times)
Gozzy

Activity: 121
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

Easy, just don't listen to these people just keeping doing what you do. It's true we are apart of a "cowboy" industry, mainly due to the fact of all the scams, frauds , amoral activity and ponzi schemes. I always argue money is never clean, regardless of it's form majority of the time it has been used unethically at some instance of time.

poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

I think its not a ponzi scheme when they sell the things that have the over value than the real price of the component, I think it is the marketing strategy to makes the things like MacBook or iPhone can sold in high price than the component valie

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:03:29 PM

Not surprisingly, they say bitcoin is a scam, because bitcoin prices are unstable and can fall low. Of course, because low prices can be a reason to think negatively because of lack of understanding of crypto, and I think if they understand crypto they will think otherwise. Even though you always hear negative news about crypto, don't make it a reason to panic.

xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

Its not new! Its also not alien. The most common language of those whose businesses are being threatened by the existence of $Bitcoin is to call $Bitcoin all the worse names any one can think of! $Bitcoin is no pyramid scheme, eventhough some "Wise" Criminal minds have created ponzi schemes to steal $Bitcoin from unsuspecting victims doesn't mean $Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme! I know how ponzis/Pyramid schemes work; for a matrix of 2:1, Mr B. and M.r C pay to Mr. A, its like robbing peter to pay paul, $Bitcoin is a commodity being retailed as goods, Ponzis however don't have a service nor a good to sell, they just steal from those who have! Banks will call $Bitcoin any name just to survive, its like a drawning man holding onto anything for survival, they however would soon realize $BItcoin is no way near a ponzi.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

Bitcoin is such a platform. Where we can earn money by doing work or by investing. But there are some countries in the world who believe Bitcoin is illegal. From which the country spreads negative news about Bitcoin all over the world. Some people are scared to invest in Bitcoin. They accept those negative news as true. But they should not believe all these news.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
EllenSmith

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:25:13 PM

people who don't have enough understanding about bitcoin can think that bitcoin a fraud or ponzi scheme. HOwever, I'm sure that If they spend time learning about bitcoin they can change their view completely Cool
romantic007

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:32:37 PM

To me it has no sense because BTC and blockchain really differ from ponzi schemes, and even if it's some kind of a fraud then it must be really huge. I don't believe such frauds are possible.

jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:25:00 PM

The clear explanation to this is that they lack understanding of how bitcoin works and its features instead of that they liken it to the regular ponzi schemes they get themselves involved with.Only those who understand bitcoin can deal with it,most people need to be re-orientated again to clear their minds thanks
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

People think whatever negative they can when they dont understand a new technology or think that they are too late to have it. The sad part is that there are many scammers who made ponzi schemes using bitcoin and that may be the cause for most of the issues.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

Anyone can call it ponzi scheme and fraud but if you think of it, everything worldly is fraud. You buy apple products with thousands of dollars but how much are they really worth? Why would people give out thousands of dollars for a macbook when they can buy a laptop for $300? Is it really worth that much or is it just another ponzi scheme that apple is bringing to the world better gadgets than any other brands? So we're talking about bitcoin now. What are we really paying for when we buy bitcoin? We pay for an online program and the people running the program helping transactions go through, or we call mining. Miners put in so much time and most especially the cost of mining is so much. That is merely the reason why bitcoin will cost much and if incase it will dive too low and will not be enough to pay for miners, then that could be the time bitcoin will die, or not.

I think many people recognize it that way based on its beginnings. I think, many of the people who has gained so much from it today are those that tried different strategies in order to gain it as quickly as possible knowing and feeling that it will be big quite quickly, and so, no other way to do that buy through using ponzi schemes or networking strategies. That way, they can get some capital by the use of other people which they will then use in order to gain more assets. Unfortunately, maybe some really did scam a lot of people to achieves their ends.
evichi

Activity: 1232
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

Those who call bitcoin a fraud or ponzi scheme have not devoted a little time to read/study what bitcoin is all about. They are probably not patient to know about bitcoin. Some fraudulent platforms/ponzi schemes may have used bitcoin to carry out certain transactions, thereby, using it to defraud people. People may then tag bitcoin as fraud/ponzi scheme not really knowing that the platform is the ponzi scheme not the currency of exchange. People need to understand that bitcoin is a form of currency- this time crypto-currency with unique storage features and usage capabilities backed up with a special technology known as blockchain. The price of bitcoin fluctuate as a result of the forces of supply and demand. When more people buy the coin the price goes up, when people sell the coin more than those that buy it, the price goes down.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARTEMIS.CO ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  First Innovative Market Project In The Crypto World  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬ PRESALE IS NOW LIVE VISIT THE WEBSITE ▬▬▬▬▬
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:21:36 PM

We are in Era of technology, which required extra miles to learn and understand, base on that, most people don't know if they are something called digital currency, which them called Fraud or ponzi scheme, i think them need to be educated to know life is currently base on technology and very easire move across the global with a help of communication and understanding.
Btcjunpitz18

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:01:32 PM

Anyone can call it ponzi scheme and fraud but if you think of it, everything worldly is fraud. You buy apple products with thousands of dollars but how much are they really worth? Why would people give out thousands of dollars for a macbook when they can buy a laptop for $300? Is it really worth that much or is it just another ponzi scheme that apple is bringing to the world better gadgets than any other brands? So we're talking about bitcoin now. What are we really paying for when we buy bitcoin? We pay for an online program and the people running the program helping transactions go through, or we call mining. Miners put in so much time and most especially the cost of mining is so much. That is merely the reason why bitcoin will cost much and if incase it will dive too low and will not be enough to pay for miners, then that could be the time bitcoin will die, or not.

Every people has its own decision and has the right to choose where he or she want to put up to. In did mining is so expensive but that their decision. For me bitcoin will not be dead in the future because more people especially in the middle class would prefer joining any campaign rather than mining.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:11:44 PM

People who say such things haven't any solid knowledge about Bitcoin, blockchain technology, or cryptocurrency generally. It is obvious that there isn't any relation between Bitcoin, which is a digital currency and an asset, and ponzi scheme, or fraud.
There are many people talking about this because of their ignorance, and that's why we have to keep teaching more people about the facts of crypto and BTC.
ljane

Activity: 467

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:43:04 PM

Since people of nowadays don't want to read more the always say what they do not know. When the see you sitting in front of your PC just for some few minutes to hours they think you are engaging yourself in fraud activities related to BTC which is false.

I’m me
sari_

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

if I have the opposite opinion bro. I am very happy to be able to invest in bitcoin. because as long as I invest in bitcoin. my economic life is better than before. and have additional income to help my economic growth
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:39:04 PM

Since people of nowadays don't want to read more the always say what they do not know. When the see you sitting in front of your PC just for some few minutes to hours they think you are engaging yourself in fraud activities related to BTC which is false.
Yes, some people are not just good in determining which is the real and fraud investment schemes, They try to join some ponzi schemes that are not related to bitcoin which is using the name bitcoin for their schemes and after they got scammed they return in saying that every scheme is a fraud and Bitcoin is one of it which is not true, The problem with these people are not engaging their self in a legal way , in a sense that they want an easy money overnight without thinking it clearly the risk it will take, the lesson in this is choose the legit one and avoid fraud schemes that can steal your money, do research and invest on something good stocks for your profit.
conceptutorials

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:58:08 AM

some people fall victims of fraud or ponzi scheme because of lack of knowledge and also due to ignorance.
flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:17:59 AM

there are many people in this world that call bitcoin as a Ponzi scheme and fraud currency, I don't know how they get the statement, are they do some research before they said that? or just say because there are many people get some losses? losses are very ordinary in bitcoin and cryptocurrency because the price is up and down so the losses are very ordinary
I think they get that statement because they ever trying to invest their money into scam site or HYIP business like MMM,
From that experience they judge if Bitcoin is ponzi scheme, But it's their own fault.
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:35:08 AM

Let those who consider bitcoin a fraud or something else that can harm others. That's because they don't know about bitcoin correctly. Such people can only criticize without looking at the broad side.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: