Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
kl8847

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:04:25 PM

I'm thinking that this is also bad for the market at this point because if everybody would hold then who would trade actually? I think the price in this case would be following day after day.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:15:18 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
It's frightening for some time. Because of the huge dump we can face when the holders start selling. This is definitely a big problem. That's why it's better to have the market of bitcoins and let it rise to the old and natural way. Because we are not afraid to sell it because we know that the market will not fall short.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:51:53 PM

Not everyone in the community is holding. There are people that are using bitcoin to spend it through exchanging it and trading it to generate profit.

And by doing that, you can't say that everyone is holding so if you are thinking that if everyone will hold there's something to happen, it won't happen that all of us will hold.

If you don't sell or use bitcoin, you're not helping with any of its adoption.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
korkor

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:02:34 PM
Merited by Vickyrichy (1)

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
The answer to this question is quite simple. Base on economical maths, when people stop selling bitcoin and hold it, it affects the rate of supply making it scarce in the trading market. Scarcity introduces an increase in the demand rate. If demand rate increases, the price or value of bitcoin will increase.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:45:34 PM

Please note that this will not happen that everyone will decide to HODL, the cryptocurrency market deall with demand and supply, base on individual need, there will always a demand for Holders to sell bas eon individual decision, demand migth be low or high at different time, but sure it wont happen that everyone will decide to HODL, The crypto market isoperating the principle of demand and supply.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:24:55 PM

Its not possible for everyone to hold a coin at the same time. Trading must always be happening for the coin and the project  to be alive. So we will always have sellers and buyers for trading of any coin to keep happening.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:52:04 PM

Its not possible for everyone to hold a coin at the same time. Trading must always be happening for the coin and the project  to be alive. So we will always have sellers and buyers for trading of any coin to keep happening.
Right.There should always be buying and selling of crypto so it will not stop from its fluctuation.Cryptocurrency is not intended for hodling only because it might lost its real essence as a currency.Sometimes you also have to spend it as a mode of payment,then buy low and sell high,and even hodling to some potential coins for a long period of time.

Lenina

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

I think it’s unreal if nobody will sell bitcoin, because so much business are interested in exchange it...
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:59:22 PM

Unluckily their should be unbalanced if no one sell their coins but hold. Cryptocurrencies are very affected for that situations its should be balanced sell and buy that's the proper way of getting cryptocurrencies works properly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
collision00

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:29:24 AM

At that point the greater part of the crypto in the market will dependably be green and will have dependably a decent market cost increment however as we as a whole realize that it would never be happen on the grounds that there are informal investors out there who are continually dumping their btc and beside that there are embrace whales that could control advertise cost because of their money related capacity that could the way bitcoin showcase cost.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:52:34 AM

What you are suggesting is what it is already happening in the market, some people are holding and some are buying and selling, it is simply impossible for the market of bitcoin to stop completely, if there is a high demand and the supply of bitcoin in the market is zero this will create an higher price for bitcoin, and at that point it does not matter how much people believe in holding some will be convinced to sell their coins for the new higher price.
iotarocket

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:58:42 AM

There will always be sellers because there is money to be made by people skilled at trading and technical analysis. I personally think buying and holding is a proven method with cryptocurrencies, but I'm not going to let traders scare me into selling. I will mostly ignore them.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:12:15 AM

well definitely it won't happen that no one will going to hold especially nowadays that bitcoin market price is so volatile. Volatility means that crypto has undergone buy and sell process as the demand goes high so does the market price and when everyone will sell the market price will go down. This is nature and we could do anything to tell them to hold their crypto.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:02:43 AM

This is certainly true. I am in some Proof-Of-Stake based erc20 tokens, people don't sell them since interests are high. But, It results in very low volume.

HODL is good but if no one sells them market will fell off.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
imrul5

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:09:27 AM

We are doing wrong practices. BTC is a currency not an investment tool. We should use it for our daily life. It's not about buying and selling but it's about using it as a currency.
microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:15:45 AM

That is the time that all people wanting to have changes about price market value, Obviously if people don't sell their stock but HODL sll Cryptocurrency price value are going to higher again specially in BITCOIN. this is what we have waiting for a long time for almost 7 months from last December 2017.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:34:58 AM

If no one is selling it means there will be no supply in the market and of course the demand will still be there and it could be the price will go up by itself. When there is demand with a relatively good price, it will not be possible all bitcoin holders will continue to maintain not to sell. After all, what are the benefits of holding if we do not want to sell it at any point?

Jetakenare

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:53:19 AM

Everything would depend on demand. It is high demand that push prices higher. So if we all hodl and demand fell eg bitconnect token then obviously the price would crash but if on the other hand the demand is always increasing then price would go up. And of course we all can't hodl, that is life itself.
Sircoss

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:06:49 AM

I think you have a very good logic. If all of us starts to hodl cryptos, the market price will go more down. The situation is really confusing and this is why many investors are getting very panicked.

I agree with your mind about the price. But people are still very different and most of them can sell it be in the panic to the price.

wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

If all holding back then prices will tend to fall. But I'm not sure that everybody in the world who holds bitcoins is able to be patient and withhold the bitcoin they have. There are always people who sell and always have to buy and always have a hold, because everyone must have their own ways and strategies in investing bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: