Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
pixelvault

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:34:58 PM

if everyone held their bitcoin there would be no liquidity for price to move any higher into 'Asks', with that being said there is no reason for the 'Bids' not to creep up on there own.
It would be interesting to see haha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emmiebrizzie

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

What you said is entirely true because when nobody buys a particular product, the price tends to depreciate and might end up crashing. I never thought of hodl from this perspective. Nice post
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:52:58 PM

If everyone hold means you will see the upright movement in the crypto currency's price chart.If they are holding forever means the orice won't decrease ever but it would never happen because people need to see theor coin if someone want to buy it.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

I don`t think that if everybody hold the market prices will go down because if no one sells than why the price would go down when no one sells in contrary the price will be stable or high.
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:26:01 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
If no one sells and investors stay in hold the price will stay stable and the bad ones will be if they sell together once the holders are sure to happen quickly.
And the bitcoin price can reach $ 1,000

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:30:57 PM

Honestly, if this scenario actually happened, and somehow nobody knew that it was an attempt at artificially increasing the value of BTC, then exactly that would probably happen.... It's value would increase. Assuming that trade volume and demand stay the same, that means each BTC unit will increase at a rate equivalent to the reduction in circulating supply. Of course, this is theoretical as such a thing simply could not be coordinated.

Wuraola

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:51:44 PM

buying and selling is the major key to keep everything going in the right way, but if we all decided to HOLD a lot of things will not be in place.
vachellie

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:02:48 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

You might be looking many post about HODL, but i don't think everyone who investing in BTC would do that, everyone has their own way, i don't think this scenario will apply even in future and if everyone hold their bitcoin market will not go down instead bitcoin will be at a stable price.
Gecol46

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:26:59 PM

I agree with your statement, if in the stock cryptocurrency is not ad movement of the market then the market will go down and could be the price will go down free because there is no buying and selling activities, but if there is any buying and selling activity it will keep the graph on the stock or market cryptocurrency
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:39:04 PM

When their is no one sells but hold it will go up the prices in the market because it will result in lock of supply and increase in demand in the market,  some people do why they hold is due to low of prices and they need the high prices for their coins.
pyosar

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:58:57 PM

Never will be such that all those who own crypto currency will Hodl their means. As soon as people are given the opportunity to pay everywhere with a crypto currency, they will gladly use it.
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:20:58 PM

When all decide to hold, the market will be green since more people will demanding at a higher price to get few coins available for sale. But miners will continue to do their work and release new mined coins to the market to help circulations.
Cryptopeppe

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:34:00 PM

when everyone Hold and there's no buy order or sell order the market should stay at its current price...
When a lot of people Hold and someone buy the price should increase a lot.
When a lot of people Hold and someone sell the price should decrease a lot.
When someone Hold and someone buy and sell the market follow the supply-demand of the asset direction.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

It's the opposite of what you say. If everyone really did hold their BTC rather than sell and the demand stayed the same, then naturally the price would go up as supply would be lower. Simple economics.
Yeah, and that is what we call it the scarcity and that what would happen to Bitcoin when people and investors keep on hodling on. If the demand is high and the supply is running out there could be a huge possibility that the price will skyrocket. But how could we do that if we are not whales? I think only those big players can make impacts with the prices but also massive pump and dump is another factor that makes price go up and down.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:55:42 AM

Its obvious , without supply and high demand . The price will surely skyrocket . Tho this is very unlikely to happen . Unless those big ass whale decide to hodl their bitcoins . This goes with every other coins out there . Law of supply and deman , very simple . Whatever their decision is , we could only sit back and watch the whale manipulate the market . Just go with the flow , chill and dont think too much . Cheeers !

Liaalif

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:00:57 AM

I think with hodl bitcoin will not die, I'm sure with hodl bitcoin will feel rare circulating in the market and allow bitcoin prices will rise
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 01:02:01 AM

Its obvious , without supply and high demand . The price will surely skyrocket . Tho this is very unlikely to happen . Unless those big ass whale decide to hodl their bitcoins . This goes with every other coins out there . Law of supply and deman , very simple . Whatever their decision is , we could only sit back and watch the whale manipulate the market . Just go with the flow , chill and dont think too much . Cheeers !
if that happens, that all user was only hold their coins will be difficult for us. but I think it would be a good idea. if we only hold our coins I am sure that the price is rising because the supply will be low and we know if the supply is low the price will be rise. it is in the law of demand and supply. so if the price would rise up it is time to make sell.

Hipag

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:09:08 AM

Not all of us has capacity to hold for long term, if the demand are low then the price will grow, don't think too much everything will be alright.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:19:51 AM

I disagree with the statement of the OP , If ever we all HODL our bitcoin so it means the supply in the market will go low but since the demand is high they will start to increase the value of bitcoin and that is the time bitcoin will pump and that is the right time to sell.
longrhm96

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:22:26 AM

The crypto community operates below the principle of supply and demand. whilst humans are promoting their cryptos, they increase supply. this could create a few form of imbalance between the supply fee and call for fee vice versa. Such imbalance can have an effect on the value of crypto undoubtedly or negatively.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: