Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
HarmonyA

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:50:44 PM

Every HODLer is a potential SELLER. The question: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  is an imagination. If such occurs, then the market would be in pause mode. The joy of business is the continuous transaction of buying and selling. HODLing is encouraged at some point, depending on the motive of the HODLer. buy and HODL is for long-term investors, but it is disadvantaged in the sense that you have your investment stocked for a long period of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patpro

Activity: 125
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 09:06:56 PM

Your point is absolutely true but i think it will be had for everyone to hodl at the same time. Definitely people would like to sell at any point in time and so Btc marketting will always go on. Perhaps it is good many hodl than to sell and that is why many suggest hodling

BLOCKVEST | PRIVATE SALE NOW |
INNOVATING THE CRYPTO CURRENCYWORLD.The First Licensed & Registered Cryptocurr (https://blockvestico.io/)
coinpool_de

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:11:43 PM

It’s an interesting opinion. I was also thinking that as a community wish we could act more responsible. There is no chance us to be happy if we don’t something to keep bitcoin ( or crypto market) alive.
jozymens7

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 09:13:01 PM

I have really studied something from this topic and I think this is very real. We have to make sure that we do both selling and buying at the same time and not only selling without buying.

burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:17:24 PM

Very easy answer to give: To The MOON! I really wish that happens but i think it's that possible. Everyone has different understanding, for me i always Hodl, no matter rise or fall, but usually people scare to loose money and the market becomes very complicated.. Anyways, i kepp hodling and waiting for 2019 to come..
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:20:20 PM

if no one sells and holds than I do believe the weak hands would be removed and such dumps like 10-20% overnight would be harder to happen and the whales would need much more liquidity to do that.
Gankstard

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:56:38 PM

if no one sells and holds than I do believe the weak hands would be removed and such dumps like 10-20% overnight would be harder to happen and the whales would need much more liquidity to do that.
Overall its good to hodl but if every one does that there would be no market and coins would be worthless. So i think we need to be glad there are people that sell. Apart from that its good people sell (cheap) so there is more money to make for the smart investors (hodlers). Wink
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

Oh, same. I’m also one of those hodl victims and i think we’ve all been there especialy in the last months. Yes, to hodl your coins is a nice method but on the other hand sometimes it’s more important knowing when to sell. I think we all should learn the difference asap.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

If this forum had people like you investing into cryptocurrencies i am sure bitcoin will be hitting way above 20k by now. Well if everybody decides to hodl then we are definitely going to see a rise in the value of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:15:06 PM

Its impossible no ones can sell their bitcoin investment even the rich people have an needs for their daily routine in lives need to spent. And how about the middlle class people so I don't believe about run in your mind nobody can sell their bitcoin until last, all we know holding are important but need to spent it's if needed, example on that's if the price dump sometimes people panicking and sell their investment so nbody can perfect hodling their invest for very long long time.

ZazaG7

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:13:28 PM

In my opinion,if everybody will hold it,I figure the market will go down in light of the fact that the volume is much lower than the standard volume.We need to flow this to have a decent esteem and a sound market. Since I cerebrate HODL for quite a while is certainly not an immaculate conception.To make the adjust of the framework we ought not receive such a conception.Holding and not offering will aggravate the market so it's more keenly intellective to disseminate the bitcoin to capitalize on it.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:17:03 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
If everyone suddenly decides to just hold without buying or selling, I don't think the market will die. It will only remain stagnant due to the absence of activity. It's like a patient in a coma, he's alive but remains unconscious and does nothing productive. Until such time the sickness wears off and he starts gaining consciousness. Much like the crypto market, if we keep buying, prices will keep rising. If we keep on selling, then prices will keep dropping.

RiskySanchez

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:23:14 PM

If that happens the market will be better I think because it is managed by the developer to maintain exchange rate stability on each platform they live on, but I don't think it is impossible for no one to sell because the market is spinning and exchange rate oriented

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:26:40 PM

It might seem like a decent arrangement to Hodl on to it at the same time, what the utilization of Hodling on to it if there's nobody getting it. Request will in any case manage what the cost of Bitcoin is, hodl I believe is simply optional. In the event that there's no request and individuals are only Hodling on to it, I figure cost will at present be the same or possibly it will go down as the typical response is Sell when somebody submitted a request and everybody is simply holding up who will make the primary move.
Main ML

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:33:04 AM

If everyone hold means you will see the upright movement in the crypto currency's price chart.If they are holding forever means the orice won't decrease ever but it would never happen because people need to see theor coin if someone want to buy it.
gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:44:12 AM

It can't possible because every person have not same nature.
If we assume it has happened. Then price run on demand and supply format. If no one selling and demand coming then price will go up. If there is no demand and no supply then price will constant.
Neved1975

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

I suppose maintain could be better for the market. and could push up the market price once more. keep will keep away from the situation of dumping, dumping the cash, making them much less expensive. regular needs of different people, there could be dealers and there might be shoppers. There could be no case wherein every person hold
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1161

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:03:59 AM

It is actually a simple supply and demand. If no one sells Bitcoin then the demand will rise, when the demand rise the price also rises.

You should understand the mean of holding, it is really not possible that you buy coins and don't want to sell them, it is nonsense thing, because every trader buy coins to earn money from it and hold it to increase his profit.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:07:32 AM

Big chance to increase the price, because if everyone hold their bitcoin and no one sell it there's no dumping price just like what happen today. But I don't think that happen that no one sell because people needs money for their needs and wants and they have always seller.
fordrenok

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:15:42 AM

In my opinion,the market will not flow if we just hold it.Buying can increase the value of bitcoin or even altcoin.We need to circulate this to have a good value and a healthy market.If we do large-scale moves or sell big or just buy on a large scale then it will not improve the state of the market.The state of the market will only fall and not get public trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: