Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:39:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:26:39 AM

if that happens the whole coins becomes scare and scarcity is one of the factors that drives the prices of product high.
The second thought is correct. Scarcity makes the price go higher but the first thought is not. The coin doesn't really become "scarce". The amount of coins in the world will still be the same. What's scarce is the number of coins in the market/the ones that are up for sale. The volume will be really low and thus the market will be a lot more volatile. Assuming that there will be constant demand for it, the price will go high. On the other hand, bitcoin is not something that's really that in demand when you look at the global scale. Thinking how little is the community of bitcoin users compared to how much people there actually is in the world, when the volume of bitcoin has become really low, people might not buy it and just start using a different coin. People might not care about it, is what I'm saying.

and then gets more acceptance from the global community
I really don't see a relationship between the coin's volume going really low and its acceptance to the world.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:31:56 AM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

I think it can affect bitcoin so much because if no one sells and everyone holds the price of it will be stable because there is no changing about the people who wanted to buy it.
Kasliono

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:32:43 AM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
I do not really agree with what you say. Actually, when people decided to HOLD, it means that the supply of BTC will decrease, when the other people wanna buy more, then the prices will go up. This is an Economic law, when supply is lower than demand them the prices will go up. So the price will go up when people decided to HOLD and BUY More.
Pitagora87

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:43:19 AM

There are too many people involved in crypto that will everyone hodl , someone will always buy or sell . I think u are not right , if we hodl something and suplies are reducing , price sohuld increase , correct me if I'm wrong .
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:48:02 AM

I think it can affect bitcoin so much because if no one sells and everyone holds the price of it will be stable because there is no changing about the people who wanted to buy it.
I also have such thoughts if possible the price will be stable, because there is no severe dump and the price can be controlled stable. maybe this can be used as one way to avoid the drastic price reduction.

Jian_Liux

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:53:06 AM

Bitcoin users are widespread throughout the world, and it is unlikely that all bitcoin users simultaneously withhold the bitcoin they have, but if that happens, then the market will not have price movements, and bitcoin will get worse. I do not understand if all bitcoin users will withhold, but I understand that there will always be people who buy, sell and some hold. That's what causes price movements.
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:24:11 AM

There must be a balance between supply and demand, so that the currency maintains a healthy flow.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:34:12 AM

Depends to the people who if they hold their bitcoin or not. Even they have a lot of thread and people suggest hold your coins it's your choice because you have your own decision. If you think is wrong don't do it, and do what do you think is right .
bananaohnana

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:36:26 AM

This will make the market low to me. So the best thing ought to be offer and purchase in the meantime so that there will be a decent adjust available.
beinformed

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:37:27 AM

It's totally impossible because not everyone is patient enough. When the price start to fall, they will be nervous and sell immediately
dokhanh481548@gmail.com

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:43:40 AM

Then all the code in the market will always be green and will always have a high market price but we all know that it can never happen because there are traders who are always dumping btc of they. And it can not happen
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:44:03 AM

It is very simple as if that kind of scenario happen then the buy order will get overrun and the price will down a lot until the order book get filled again. That's quite impossible to happen though as there's a lot of volume in buy order and more will appear if the price is quite low.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

If no one would sell then i think Bitcoin will die because people must trade it no matter what. However we must be intelligent when we do trade Bitcoin because price is volatile, we must buy when it's low then sell when it's high.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:06:48 AM

If no one is selling their coins, then the trade volume in the exchanges will go down and eventually the potential investors will turn to some other asset, such as Ethereum or Litecoin. You can't create an artificial scarcity and attempt to benefit from it.
Raphagalthena2

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:40:01 AM

If no one is selling their coins, then the trade volume in the exchanges will go down and eventually the potential investors will turn to some other asset, such as Ethereum or Litecoin. You can't create an artificial scarcity and attempt to benefit from it.
So true, the cryptocurrency now have a bunch of people want to make money from it, bitcoin is going to go the wrong way from the original.
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:18:32 AM

but I think more and more are holding bitcoin rather than selling it, and demand in the market keeps increasing the price will definitely go up, so I think for the current market situation holds it better than selling it.
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:25:47 AM

When everyone holds bitcoin and nobody sells bitcoin then market conditions will not experience movement and the longer the market will die. It is supposed to revive the market by balancing the state of supply and demand for coins. If we make large-scale movements or sell big-or just buy large-scale then it will not improve the state of the market. The state of the market will only fall and not gain public trust. Therefore we should not spread the issue to avoid panic in massive decision making.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:48:49 AM

Yes that's right, actually it will be bad if everyone choose to hold, no one want to sell, or buy because if that's the case, then it means the market circulation will stop, there's nothing going on, and it may lead to the market even drop more and died because of the inefficiency.
If we really want the market to go on, then of course we need to do transaction in this market, either buying bitcoin, or selling it, well just let the flow keep going. That way it will steadily be better. But it's kinda hard to do since not many people want to sell when the price is low, but maybe some want to buy more when the price is low because they expect more profits in the future.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:53:26 AM

There must be a balance between supply and demand, so that the currency maintains a healthy flow.
There's a balance but if no one really want to spend their bitcoin and all just want to HODL, no one wants to add into adoption but there must be ways of it to adopt.

but I think more and more are holding bitcoin rather than selling it
Because no one wants to sell their coins as much as possible so we would see some good return in the future. This forces everyone to hold instead of selling but I doubt it that no one would sell.

demand in the market keeps increasing the price will definitely go up, so I think for the current market situation holds it better than selling it.
Lesser supply makes the demand higher, more demand really makes the market good.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
equal2detask123

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:54:19 AM

I think the balance will be ok. We sell and at the same time buy and it will keep btc alive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: