Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 01:11:54 PM

Not sure how you can't be sure now.

There is no explanation for being unable to ship in hand miners besides fraud. You can delude yourself into coming up with explanations for all the other things that are obvious to people with brains who weren't trying to pump up this clown show to escape, but he had miners in hand, people paid for them, people didn't get them. That's fraud.

So will you bet a lawsuit on this? And what in hand miners do you mean? As far as i know he never had his own miners. Only replacement miners he sent out way too late. Breaching a contract is something different from scamming someone.

But like i said. Sue him if you think it will work. I would be happy if he gets punished for being stupid and knowingly hurt peoples investments.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:52:49 PM

There is no explanation for being unable to ship in hand miners besides fraud. You can delude yourself into coming up with explanations for all the other things that are obvious to people with brains who weren't trying to pump up this clown show to escape, but he had miners in hand, people paid for them, people didn't get them. That's fraud.

So will you bet a lawsuit on this? And what in hand miners do you mean? As far as i know he never had his own miners. Only replacement miners he sent out way too late. Breaching a contract is something different from scamming someone.

But like i said. Sue him if you think it will work. I would be happy if he gets punished for being stupid and knowingly hurt peoples investments.

I don't have to sue anyone for anything because i wasn't stupid enough to give him any money.

He had in hand miners from hashfast, people ordered them (i have no idea why) and he didn't deliver or delivered late to many people. That is fraud.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:53:52 PM

I don't have to sue anyone for anything because i wasn't stupid enough to give him any money.

He had in hand miners from hashfast, people ordered them (i have no idea why) and he didn't deliver or delivered late to many people. That is fraud.

I thought you lost something with him. But yes... it might be fraud. The thing that i really really hate the most with all these bitcoin securities is the communication. At some point you sit there and you dont know whats going on. You lose money and you cant do anything. I hate that with passion. Though looking at it unemotional... buyers and shareholders most probably wont get back anything. Sueing only could please the emotional part. And everyone taking place in such thing has to be prepared to a nice chunk of new emotional stress.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:14:47 PM

Suing now will probably accomplish nothing, but that doesn't mean people should just wash their hands and say "that sucks."

People saw that it was a scam when there was time for you guys to get out, now that it's obvious, it's important to look back and realize what other people saw so that you don't get fucked over again. Sticking your head in the sand and saying, "bad investment, o well" makes it a lot more likely for you to make another bad one in the future.

The lack of communication is one thing, the fact that people supported this and let it go on with no actual tangible evidence that anything was happening or that anyone involved could do anything is something else.
chaostheorist

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

So I dont really know where to start but I have not been active on any of the threads for ATM for a long time now. Stupid I know but I seriously have written them off and wanted to know exactly what is going on with the company? Has Ken done anything at all since the last I heard was MSEC was looking into the company? I know he kept saying he was putting the shares on an exchange but never did and then the investigation started. That is the last I remember and essentially got too fed up with the bullshit and stepped away from the threads to quit worrying about it.

Now I guess I wanted to see if there is anything I need to do or if there is any lawsuits pending? I would appreciate a down and dirty summary if someone wouldn't mind?
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 03:52:37 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 04:40:08 AM by zumzero

Suing now will probably accomplish nothing, but that doesn't mean people should just wash their hands and say "that sucks."

People saw that it was a scam when there was time for you guys to get out, now that it's obvious, it's important to look back and realize what other people saw so that you don't get fucked over again. Sticking your head in the sand and saying, "bad investment, o well" makes it a lot more likely for you to make another bad one in the future.

The lack of communication is one thing, the fact that people supported this and let it go on with no actual tangible evidence that anything was happening or that anyone involved could do anything is something else.

And guess what, I predicted the lotto numbers AFTER they happened but know-one believes me!

One investing in a high risk venture must do so accordingly otherwise we return to caves.  The thought that civilization's enforcers will back you up following every self fail is simply ludicrous an' they ken it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBKMsXMs8mc

Wake up and smell the ashes  Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWomXklfv8

We stank of greed and ought to be ashamed.  I am.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:59:27 PM

Good news everyone!
Active Mining alive & well, trading on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/56
Don't listen to the h8ers, Active Miners, InteliHash will save the day, have faith in Ken!
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:30:17 PM

looks like Ken Slaughter's joint... in his dreams.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:38:05 PM

Good news everyone!
Active Mining alive & well, trading on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/56
Don't listen to the h8ers, Active Miners, InteliHash will save the day, have faith in Ken!

Hope the divs are good this month  Grin

ICEBROKEN

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:48:19 AM

looks like Ken Slaughter's joint... in his dreams.

https://i.imgur.com/fXWbQev.jpg

The slaughter cave.
luke.watson

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:52:21 PM

I'd pretty much written this 'investment' off as a loss a long long time ago - about the time BitFunder closed its doors (actually probably that exact day) but I'm looking to recoup all my investments that I had made in the early days of my Bitcoin interest.

I'll be blunt, I, along with probably 99% of people, have absolutely no idea what is going on with ActiveMiner.

There seems to still be a lot of trolling and misinformation in this thread and I don't really fancy going through 200+ pages of crap to find out what really happened - so I'm hoping someone could enlighten me on whether this is an investment worth pursuing to get my money back, or if I should just forget about it. I had probably 800 shares in the company so if possible it would be nice to get them back, if not well it's not such a big loss.

If someone could give me a rough idea of what - if anything is happening which this company it would be great - feel free to flame my ignorance.

Thanks   
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:02:53 PM

I'd pretty much written this 'investment' off as a loss a long long time ago - about the time BitFunder closed its doors (actually probably that exact day) but I'm looking to recoup all my investments that I had made in the early days of my Bitcoin interest.

I'll be blunt, I, along with probably 99% of people, have absolutely no idea what is going on with ActiveMiner.

There seems to still be a lot of trolling and misinformation in this thread and I don't really fancy going through 200+ pages of crap to find out what really happened - so I'm hoping someone could enlighten me on whether this is an investment worth pursuing to get my money back, or if I should just forget about it. I had probably 800 shares in the company so if possible it would be nice to get them back, if not well it's not such a big loss.

If someone could give me a rough idea of what - if anything is happening which this company it would be great - feel free to flame my ignorance.

Thanks   

Read this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.msg10572375#msg10572375

There's a lot about fines, nothing about compensation to 'shareholders', I don't think we will ever see any return from this mess.

luke.watson

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:10:50 PM

Read this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.msg10572375#msg10572375

There's a lot about fines, nothing about compensation to 'shareholders', I don't think we will ever see any return from this mess.

Thanks for the update - all sounds about right

So there will be little to no recourse in regards to the money and Ken will (most likely) land on his ass.

I guess it'll be interesting to see the outcome of the trail (if he ever makes it to court)
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:02:14 AM

what trial? he has been issued fines by the Missouri securities division. If he fails to pay these fines I guess he will be criminally charged. white collar jail.

as far as shareholders being compensated, I'm not entirely up on American law, but as far as I know, this is a civil matter, and shareholders will have to launch a class action. The probability of winning this type of action is pretty good considering the findings of the MSD, he has basically been found guilty by them, so it is merely a matter of getting a lawyer to drag it through the courts and the lawyer taking most of the money, if there is any to be found.

On the bright side, at least Kenny is having his life ruined.

I could be wrong about these details, like I said, I am not familiar with American law, but as far as I know, it works as explained above. If someone has better knowledge please correct me.

And one more note. Don't invest in anything in this sub. don't invest in any unregulated security anywhere anytime. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. IS. A. SCAM. While bitcoin flatlines, many become impatient for gains and fall prey to these burn/fail/ponzi/scams. DON'T DO IT. I can tell you for a fact, I tried a handful of these jokes and lost everything I put in. and reading the threads, even the ones I didn't invest in all failed to deliver. The only people here who have anything good to say are lying; trying to sell you on their scams.

EVERYTHING HERE IS A SCAM. AVOID!
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:24:17 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 03:48:07 PM by kleeck

what trial? he has been issued fines by the Missouri securities division. If he fails to pay these fines I guess he will be criminally charged. white collar jail.

as far as shareholders being compensated, I'm not entirely up on American law, but as far as I know, this is a civil matter, and shareholders will have to launch a class action. The probability of winning this type of action is pretty good considering the findings of the MSD, he has basically been found guilty by them, so it is merely a matter of getting a lawyer to drag it through the courts and the lawyer taking most of the money, if there is any to be found.

On the bright side, at least Kenny is having his life ruined.

I could be wrong about these details, like I said, I am not familiar with American law, but as far as I know, it works as explained above. If someone has better knowledge please correct me.

And one more note. Don't invest in anything in this sub. don't invest in any unregulated security anywhere anytime. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. IS. A. SCAM. While bitcoin flatlines, many become impatient for gains and fall prey to these burn/fail/ponzi/scams. DON'T DO IT. I can tell you for a fact, I tried a handful of these jokes and lost everything I put in. and reading the threads, even the ones I didn't invest in all failed to deliver. The only people here who have anything good to say are lying; trying to sell you on their scams.

EVERYTHING HERE IS A SCAM. AVOID!

As for the MSD orders, the order of disgorgement is a bit misleading. The funds resulting from disgorgement would go to investors. We just don't know what is left at this point or where Ken is.

Below is my most recent e-mail from Shawn over at the MSD. He was responding to my inquiry of shareholder reimbursement:

The Final Order against Mr. Slaughter imposed Disgorgement of any profits.

If and/or when any Disgorgement is received, that would be paid to investors.

Thanks,

Shawn

I will follow up with him and let you guys know what I find.

Thanks.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:18:50 PM

Does the MSD even have a list of all the investors?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:21:41 PM

Does the MSD even have a list of all the investors?

+1 This is a good question - would like to hear from anyone that's had any recent interaction with the MSD.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:29:46 PM

i contacted shawn hagerty of the MSD months ago. he instructed me to give him my ID details, how many shares I hold, where and when I bought them etc. I assumed everyone else did the same, I don't think it is too late to do so if you haven't yet. it is kind of a pain to backtrace all the transactions where I bought the shares, from BTC-TC, bitfunder, and crypto-trade, but its all doable (I saved my APIs, but BTC-TC was helpful in getting my trade history as well)

not sure what happens if Kenny simply hides forever? I mean, he's been handed some huge fines, owns property in Missouri, hes and old incompetent dillweed...I don't think he can vanish quite so completely. we shall see i guess.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 11:10:24 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 01:59:20 PM by zumzero

To cry all is scam is proposterous.  Please please please learn to differentiate between colloquial terminology and true definition.  The language barrier created by North American culture is tough enough as it is for the rest of the world without falling prey to such slack generalization.  We invested in a buisness which failed.  The operator of that buisness was incompetent and that is the sole reason for it's failure.  Man landed on the Moon.  The Twin Towers event was an act of terrorism.  Ken did not scam.  There was zero premeditation, more an unraveling of gross error.  When are you guys gonna' get it?

Edit; How long, I wonder, before the diehards criticize Haggerty for being as unreliable as Ken?  Makes you think, eh?  Give someone a bow and arrow and they'll find some target.  Not I.   Undecided

http://youtu.be/rVXy1OhaERY

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:40:15 AM

To cry all is scam is proposterous.
Why are you still here?

This thread should be solely for investors seeking (as if there's a chance!) some form of recompense.

Yet you persist on trying to distract with your he-was-incompetent-these-things-happen-let's-move-on BS.

Why is that?  How long will it last?

It's like you are doing it on purpose.
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: