Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally is starting  (Read 13394 times)
phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 02:24:22 PM

This stability is quite impressive.  Bravo bitcoin, bravo!

don't be fooled. "stable" also means that it counter-reacts to applied forces and balances back to its state before the event. in the last weeks, there was no force to the price - just look at the low volume! once (if ever) the volume rises again, we will see if it is stable. for me, right now it is just "dead" and boring.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 02:32:34 PM

for me, right now it is just "dead" and boring.

Wait, bitcoin is dead??  SELL SELL SELL.  Then again, contrarian traders like myself have done very well on bitcoin recently.   BUY BUY BUY.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 03:22:19 PM

As soon as enough traders become convinced it will not move, it will move.

Which direction?
I feel that people are becoming more confident now that the price is holding steady, and good news in the next couple weeks may spark a rally. Gut feeling.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 03:56:32 PM

Actually the MtGox price seems to be lagging atm. Even some of Gox's own currency markets are out performing the USD/BTC rates. To say nothing of quite a few other markets around the world.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:16:23 PM

Actually the MtGox price seems to be lagging atm. Even some of Gox's own currency markets are out performing the USD/BTC rates. To say nothing of quite a few other markets around the world.

With the dollar appreciating and flight from the euro, a stable USD/BTC might be an attractive hedge.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
osmosis

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:46:02 PM

With the dollar appreciating and flight from the euro, a stable USD/BTC might be an attractive hedge.

Right, and the same thing will happen to btc betties that happened to the franc.  If a lot of people start using them as a hedge, the price will rise. Then people will be wanting to hold betty not only because they have a stable value...but because they have a rising value!   ralley.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 05:56:14 PM

The BTC market is too small to be a hedge of any kind.  But stability will be good especially for merchants and sellers using bitcoins.
netrin

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 06:01:19 PM

Right, and the same thing will happen to btc betties that happened to the franc.  If a lot of people start using them as a hedge, the price will rise. Then people will be wanting to hold betty not only because they have a stable value...but because they have a rising value!   ralley.

A betty is the BTC:USD pair? I don't follow what you're saying, the Bitcoin central bank will peg the BTC to the Euro? Or you mean before Zurich threw the wrench into the rally? Yes, this would be an ideal scenario, if it's easy to sell your european currency (euro, kroner, swissy) for btc (because it's seemingly pegged to the dollar) then it will appreciate even against the dollar. This would be an excellent development ahead of a Greek default.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 05:54:21 PM

Due to lack of interest, the rally has been cancelled.
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:07:01 PM

No Nagle, this is just the brief calm before the storm and then it's up, up, up TO THE MOON!

Is anyone still this delusional at the moment? I need some entertainment.
osmosis

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:31:23 PM

No Nagle, this is just the brief calm before the storm and then it's up, up, up TO THE MOON!

Just remember, when we quickly rise past 50 you should sell big. Then you will be like the suckers who sold when we went from 1 to 4 before going up to 30.
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 08:36:30 PM

Just remember, when we quickly rise past 50 you should sell big. Then you will be like the suckers who sold when we went from 1 to 4 before going up to 30.

I'm not exactly seeing what will be lifting BTC up to $10 again, let alone $50.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

Trust me, bitcoin will be worth $100 one good day !
netrin

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 09:39:00 PM

I would like to see a similar graph with some darlings like AAPL or gold.

grod

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 01:41:36 AM

Be thankful.  If they held on and dumped at $20 you may never have seen $30.

Although your advice is good.  While it's good strategy to sell at any price (as you receive mined BTC) when a stock is trending down it's a good idea to hold and simply adjust your stop losses when it trends up.
osmosis

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 01:43:33 AM

Were you able to see what was lifting BTC to $30 a few months ago?
grod

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:56:57 AM

Absolutely.  Wildly optimistic speculation combined with hoarding.  But most of all: silkroad.

Of those hoarding is back with a vengeance.  Silkroad is still around, but not acting as much of a demand on the supply.  All we need now is another catalyst for the wildly optimistic speculation and we're off to the races again.

But probably not until after the holidays and capitulation.

osmosis

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:59:13 AM

Be thankful.  If they held on and dumped at $20 you may never have seen $30.

Although your advice is good.  While it's good strategy to sell at any price (as you receive mined BTC) when a stock is trending down it's a good idea to hold and simply adjust your stop losses when it trends up.

Stop losses could hurt you if its just a temporary bounce...as happened in May.
osmosis

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:33:33 AM

Absolutely.  Wildly optimistic speculation combined with hoarding.  But most of all: silkroad.

Of those hoarding is back with a vengeance.  Silkroad is still around, but not acting as much of a demand on the supply.  All we need now is another catalyst for the wildly optimistic speculation and we're off to the races again.

But probably not until after the holidays and capitulation.

I don't agree, but its just speculation. I think we will see rising prices in the next 45 days.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 04:28:17 AM

As soon as enough traders become convinced it will not move, it will move.

I have quite a few grand that finally transferred into Dwolla a week or two ago. Usually I buy right away, but I'm now one of those waiting to be convinced it won't move before I help move it...
(The Dwolla lady that called me, wondering what the heck, and verifying my identity, sounded very nice. I just hope Dwolla doesn't get Goxed)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: